Official Xperia Z Thread

andylee1986

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
602
Reaction score
7
Im planning to get this phone soon. Sounds like the way to go is to get the dock to keep the flaps in good condition.

Is there a way to transfer data to and from the PC to the phone without plugging in the usb cable as the flap needs to be open to get the cable connected?
i just use airdroid on the phone. wifi sync.
havent plug it into the comp before via cable yet.
 

shadey

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
6,780
Reaction score
721
Im planning to get this phone soon. Sounds like the way to go is to get the dock to keep the flaps in good condition.

Is there a way to transfer data to and from the PC to the phone without plugging in the usb cable as the flap needs to be open to get the cable connected?

There are quite a few apps out there that allow you to connect to your phone via Wifi. :D
 

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
20,540
Reaction score
6,443
Sent my phone to Sony for servicing.. the charging flap keeps opening ~_~ probably have to wait till Monday then can get back
 

shin7829

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2010
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
7
likely there is a cost

cause under warranty , this type of wear and tear issue is not covered

they probably quote u sky high price trust me perhaps 50++++

then i advise u to write in appeal for price lowering, then they may charge u 20+++ instead.


happen to me on my xperiaV

of course dont quote me by saying got this so and so with this issue also la lol

just write intelligently and politely but also in a way of ranting in a more civilise way lol
 

CoolSilverRider

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
603
Reaction score
0
Hi, guys.

I was thinking to switch to the latest S4 or Xperia Z so I went to do hands on both sets myself today. I tried the S4 at their concept store just now and it is very disappointing that the default UI lags like hell, just a simple scroll through the pages of home screen, it is very laggy and it come to a point that it hang there before it actually crashed.

I went to check the battery usage and to my surprised, it is using up to 92% of the battery with all the so-called smart features enabled.

DSC_0531_zps3596ce5f.jpg


So I tell myself that this is not the phone I will be wasting my money. I continue to test the demo set at the Telco and Xperia Z really very responsive in its homescreen UI, it is very smooth even there are so many background apps running and it never lag or hang at all.

I went to view the battery usage and the screen is only using less than 30% of the battery, the build quality is very solid compared to S4. The best part is that it is dust and water resistance and I will confirm to get the Xperia Z over the overrated S4.

Tested the S4 at Jurong Point. I do agreed with you that the phone not very responsive and the gallery is lagging...lolx.

I would rather choose HTC One over S4....:D
 

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2001
Messages
20,814
Reaction score
2,726
what is Sony's policy on rooting the Xperia Z.

Is it easily unrootable?

I just want to use Whatsapp+ but would be good if I don't need to root.

I kinda got my Xperia Z yesterday so pretty new to the phone.

Also looking for a case. I kinda like the crystal clear tourmate cases.

So far only been playing ayakashi ghost guild extensively on the phone.
 
Last edited:

Alvington

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
what is Sony's policy on rooting the Xperia Z.

Is it easily unrootable?

I just want to use Whatsapp+ but would be good if I don't need to root.

I kinda got my Xperia Z yesterday so pretty new to the phone.

Also looking for a case. I kinda like the crystal clear tourmate cases.

So far only been playing ayakashi ghost guild extensively on the phone.


Whatsapp+ don't need to root ar. Just download the apk offhand and remove your whatsapp :)
 

yhw22

Master Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
4,932
Reaction score
372
data on?

For mine, with data off and stamina mode on, it can pretty much keep to 100%

If battery is maintain at 100%, i am able to maintain 100% too. But if less than 100%, then mostly will drop by 5% or more.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top