Official Xperia Z Thread

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Yes, I meant copy and pasted from the iTunes music library folder on my PC to Sony XZ music folder. Thanks for the price info.

Why not use the Media Go software to import all your songs list from itunes over, Media Go has this function.

That shows Sony has all the application ready for iphone users.
 

chongbh

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2000
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Hi, guys.

I was thinking to switch to the latest S4 or Xperia Z so I went to do hands on both sets myself today. I tried the S4 at their concept store just now and it is very disappointing that the default UI lags like hell, just a simple scroll through the pages of home screen, it is very laggy and it come to a point that it hang there before it actually crashed.

I went to check the battery usage and to my surprised, it is using up to 92% of the battery with all the so-called smart features enabled.

DSC_0531_zps3596ce5f.jpg


So I tell myself that this is not the phone I will be wasting my money. I continue to test the demo set at the Telco and Xperia Z really very responsive in its homescreen UI, it is very smooth even there are so many background apps running and it never lag or hang at all.

I went to view the battery usage and the screen is only using less than 30% of the battery, the build quality is very solid compared to S4. The best part is that it is dust and water resistance and I will confirm to get the Xperia Z over the overrated S4.
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
Hi, guys.

I was thinking to switch to the latest S4 or Xperia Z so I went to do hands on both sets myself today. I tried the S4 at their concept store just now and it is very disappointing that the default UI lags like hell, just a simple scroll through the pages of home screen, it is very laggy and it come to a point that it hang there before it actually crashed.

I went to check the battery usage and to my surprised, it is using up to 92% of the battery with all the so-called smart features enabled.

DSC_0531_zps3596ce5f.jpg


So I tell myself that this is not the phone I will be wasting my money. I continue to test the demo set at the Telco and Xperia Z really very responsive in its homescreen UI, it is very smooth even there are so many background apps running and it never lag or hang at all.

I went to view the battery usage and the screen is only using less than 30% of the battery, the build quality is very solid compared to S4. The best part is that it is dust and water resistance and I will confirm to get the Xperia Z over the overrated S4.

S4 will be coming out it's own water/dust proof version soon!

I am really wondering how they are going to do that without much changes to the current design.

o_O it may cost even more.. ><'''
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
S4 will be coming out it's own water/dust proof version soon!

I am really wondering how they are going to do that without much changes to the current design.

o_O it may cost even more.. ><'''

Maybe add one more condom casing or protectant outside the default casing. :s13:

It will never be as good as Xperia Z with its original design with dust and water resistance in mind when they design this phone.
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
Maybe add one more condom casing or protectant outside the default casing. :s13:

It will never be as good as Xperia Z with its original design with dust and water resistance in mind when they design this phone.

No idea... I think is copy cat lor.
 

NVDefender

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
570
Reaction score
0
Hello all, sorry for a noobish question here but if I'm buying the XZ without contract from telco, any place that I can get it cheaper than SRP of $988?
 

shadey

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
6,780
Reaction score
721
Hello all, sorry for a noobish question here but if I'm buying the XZ without contract from telco, any place that I can get it cheaper than SRP of $988?

Yeah, all posted to death at the early pages of this thread. Mobilesquare, kasia, etc etc etc.

Or, get the sets from the HWZ marketplace. :D
 

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
41,021
Reaction score
14,596
this is exactly what i fear will happen after the flap been open and close for n times
experienced it on my Xperia V before

why u never buy the dock to charge?


u now have the below options,

1.close and press hard with all your eat-milk-strength and hope it stay permenently flush and tight
then faster go buy a charging dock dk26 and never ever open it again so often ever after

2. go to sony request they replace it for u with a cost, perhaps approx 50++ or even higher since its xperia z not xperia v
then faster go buy a charging dock dk26 and never ever open it again so often ever after

3. still go buy the charging dock



as for yur question what will happen if u wash the phone without flap close tightly, your water resistant capability may likely be compromised.

Im planning to get this phone soon. Sounds like the way to go is to get the dock to keep the flaps in good condition.

Is there a way to transfer data to and from the PC to the phone without plugging in the usb cable as the flap needs to be open to get the cable connected?
 
Last edited:

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
Im planning to get this phone soon. Sounds like the way to go is to get the dock to keep the flaps in good condition.

Is there a way to transfer data to and from the PC to the phone without plugging in the usb cable as the flap needs to be open to get the cable connected?

Yes,
you have to do a sync once using USB cable and then will be able to transfer via wifi.
Actually the flaps are pretty strong.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top