OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Advancer

Banned
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
4,909
Reaction score
1,329
This is the 4th EC just on this road itself, rite?

However, this may not be the last EC on the same road itself.

OLA will be the 4th and last residential on anchorvale crescent. The rest of the 2 big plots are meant for schools.
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2019
Messages
2,562
Reaction score
318
doubt remaining area will be EC.

But yes, the 4th EC and most expensive EC of all. There are however many ways and justifications to sell the dream, none of which imo can be easily proven.

By the time it can be proven, if goes up all happy. If goes down, you are too deep into it to do anything about it.

That's my thoughts.

I'm sure many of the agents are honest and sincere about their sharing. I'm just not confident of where they typically get their data source and conclusions from, typically the reports from their own "research" agencies.

if you ask the agent, im sure they will be more than happy to share the source of their research.. not sure about theirs, but mine is from URA / SRX / Squarefoot , I don't think its possible to 'create' our own data to make the market look good as all these figures are real-life data, meaning done-deal ..no matter how hard we agent try to 'sales talk' the buyers, unless back up with facts and figures, I dun tink the buyers so easy to psycho nowadays...
 

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
16,056
Reaction score
861
Is Ola units really that spacious ??
Alot visual illusion to create the "spacious" feel

i.e mirrors, markings on the floor that actually mark the actual size but wall is not till there as its a showflat afterall. they need to have fire escape plan etc

for example, the dining room is only that small but they wont build the wall to constrict it, so a line or some markings on the floor shows the REAL size

disclaimer, i havent been to OLA SF. Just an observation from past visits in other projects
 

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
if you ask the agent, im sure they will be more than happy to share the source of their research.. not sure about theirs, but mine is from URA / SRX / Squarefoot , I don't think its possible to 'create' our own data to make the market look good as all these figures are real-life data, meaning done-deal ..no matter how hard we agent try to 'sales talk' the buyers, unless back up with facts and figures, I dun tink the buyers so easy to psycho nowadays...

To me more proper, I should have mentioned I'm not confident of the conclusions and opinions by the agents, not the data.

So far, I did ask about the source of their research. Quite a few tell me the research is from their company's research department who then put into slides for them to show me.

For the same facts and figures, you would agree that differing conclusions/opinions can be reached.

For eg, 2 months ago, if I share my "facts and figures" that markets has been rising and will continue rising for the next 10 years, would you believe in it and buy into the market? I would tell you "this time it is different" and markets will continue rising.

Yet now, many agents are saying that property prices are rising (backed by facts and figures, from URA/SRX/Squarefoot/99.co/etc), and will continue rising further and further (the opinion).

You get what I mean.
 

Flowersinthecloud

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
I was really interested in this OLA project. However, if the psf is going to be priced at 1120, I don't think I'm gonna get it with this current economy outlook.
 

fotoudavid

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
674
Reaction score
5
Alot visual illusion to create the "spacious" feel

i.e mirrors, markings on the floor that actually mark the actual size but wall is not till there as its a showflat afterall. they need to have fire escape plan etc

for example, the dining room is only that small but they wont build the wall to constrict it, so a line or some markings on the floor shows the REAL size

disclaimer, i havent been to OLA SF. Just an observation from past visits in other projects

Few years ago at sol acres, I saw the developer use such tactics. Draw line markings on the floor...
 

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
I was really interested in this OLA project. However, if the psf is going to be priced at 1120, I don't think I'm gonna get it with this current economy outlook.

Just imagined I already prepared the cash for the downpayment already.
I also turned off by the high psf. Not sold by the marketing techniques.

Nevertheless, there should still be enough buyers with deep pockets for the units.

One thing I learned in business, don't lower your offer. If my price is too expensive for you, then I can offer you the contact of a competitor with a much lower price. Because price is what you pay, value is what you get. I believe in my value.

But personally, I see high price and low value in Ola. All the gimmicks like chandelier and free lessons serve to reinforce that belief.
 

kiatme

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
1,226
Reaction score
288
Just imagined I already prepared the cash for the downpayment already.
I also turned off by the high psf. Not sold by the marketing techniques.

Nevertheless, there should still be enough buyers with deep pockets for the units.

One thing I learned in business, don't lower your offer. If my price is too expensive for you, then I can offer you the contact of a competitor with a much lower price. Because price is what you pay, value is what you get. I believe in my value.

But personally, I see high price and low value in Ola. All the gimmicks like chandelier and free lessons serve to reinforce that belief.
How much were you expecting ?
 

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2013
Messages
7,289
Reaction score
30
OLA is doing one of the most aggressive marketing I've noticed for a condo launch. EC or PC. how come huh

Sent from 8riversuites using GAGT
 

ryuxdragonx

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
961
Reaction score
0
OLA is doing one of the most aggressive marketing I've noticed for a condo launch. EC or PC. how come huh

Sent from 8riversuites using GAGT

Because they expect sales to be low. The only reason why any developer will do marketing is to boost sales.

They have been getting more aggressive because only 1163 e-apps for 548 unit as of 1st March. Give or take another 200 in the last 2 weeks, that is only 1400, barely 3;1 ratio.

Once you walk into the showroom. They will process your application for u.

I think the take up rate this weekend will be 20-30% max, given the current stock market situation. Not to mention the virus situation might turn some potential buyers away from looking at a place near the hospital.
 

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
How much were you expecting ?
The price is within expectations actually.

Personally, I would be willing to fork out between $900 to $1k psf for a new EC, 4 bedroom and above.

But not for opposite hospital. Dirt cheap maybe can, but highest priced EC around the area? Forget it. The cash was prepared for future upgrades, so PG and Ola were originally among considerations.

The value I'm willing to pay will continue to rise over time due to money inflation, but at current moment, that's what I am willing.

Then again, other priorities are kicking in, so poor man me still can't afford now anyway.
 
Last edited:

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
60,044
Reaction score
4,217
OLA is doing one of the most aggressive marketing I've noticed for a condo launch. EC or PC. how come huh

Sent from 8riversuites using GAGT

i remember 15 years ago
warren condo also got tv ads

the funny thing is, sold out liao still got ads
i remember cos my sis bought an unit
she is the "last 10%"

nowadays tv ads for condo not that common liao
 

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
OLA is doing one of the most aggressive marketing I've noticed for a condo launch. EC or PC. how come huh

Sent from 8riversuites using GAGT

People buy oranges 4 for $1 yesterday.

Today sell 3 for $1. Sure need to shout more and shout louder. And tell you today oranges better and sweeter than yesterday ones.
 

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2013
Messages
7,289
Reaction score
30
Because they expect sales to be low. The only reason why any developer will do marketing is to boost sales.

They have been getting more aggressive because only 1163 e-apps for 548 unit as of 1st March. Give or take another 200 in the last 2 weeks, that is only 1400, barely 3;1 ratio.

Once you walk into the showroom. They will process your application for u.

I think the take up rate this weekend will be 20-30% max, given the current stock market situation. Not to mention the virus situation might turn some potential buyers away from looking at a place near the hospital.
Oversubscribed why still need to aggressive marketing?

Sent from 8riversuites using GAGT
 

Flowersinthecloud

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Oversubscribed why still need to aggressive marketing?

Sent from 8riversuites using GAGT

Because they submit your application even when you just wan to view the showflat? I don't think the figures are the true reflection of the popularity of this project.
 

ryuxdragonx

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
961
Reaction score
0
Because they submit your application even when you just wan to view the showflat? I don't think the figures are the true reflection of the popularity of this project.

Yah precisely. It’s not a true reflection and they also know. Oversubscribed is common in launches, but dropout rate may be high also. We will know come Sat.

Or maybe it's oversubscribed because of the among of ads they put down (attracting more people to the showroom). But these figures don't mean anything until the buyers have signed on the line.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Jun 6, 2019
Messages
2,562
Reaction score
318
To me more proper, I should have mentioned I'm not confident of the conclusions and opinions by the agents, not the data.

So far, I did ask about the source of their research. Quite a few tell me the research is from their company's research department who then put into slides for them to show me.

For the same facts and figures, you would agree that differing conclusions/opinions can be reached.

For eg, 2 months ago, if I share my "facts and figures" that markets has been rising and will continue rising for the next 10 years, would you believe in it and buy into the market? I would tell you "this time it is different" and markets will continue rising.

Yet now, many agents are saying that property prices are rising (backed by facts and figures, from URA/SRX/Squarefoot/99.co/etc), and will continue rising further and further (the opinion).

You get what I mean.

I would beg to differ.. if u notice sg property market, it’s a cycle, what goes up must come down.. if the price goes up too drastically, u will see cooling measure coming up..
 

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2007
Messages
23,449
Reaction score
5,293
Dow Jones just crashed/dropped 11.8%!

Heaviest bleeding! Worst than any 2008 2009 subprime's fall in 1 day.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top