OnePlus 9

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've purchased OP9P from Shopee for just over two weeks and I'm loving it except for a function - Always On Display. Anyone encountering such an issue or is it a known issue of op9?

Initially during the first week, the always on display will work as per usual, until I received a notification from either whatsapp or telegram, then it become super dim, till the point where its useless.

During the second week of usage, the always on display after locking the phone, displays for only about 5 seconds, then it just went blank screen. whats worst is that if there's any notification after, it does not even ring or notify me.

The irony is that i have to use AOD so that I can see that there's pending notification since they removed the LED notification light, but the AOD is causing more issue instead.

Any recommendation for fixes?

I'm not sure about Oxygen OS but on Color OS (which is a sibling) there's this option under AOD's "Display options" to select:
- Power saving (which turns off the screen when it's stationary "for a while"
- Scheduled (I supposed you can set the timing)
- All day

Do you see this in the phone?

By the way you purchased 9 Pro or the normal 9? Interested to know how the 9 Pro is so far...

Pukunara

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can't find the settings option to remove phone vibration during alarm . Anyone knows how ? Op6 I can disable it

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
I can't find the settings option to remove phone vibration during alarm . Anyone knows how ? Op6 I can disable it
If you go into the actual alarm time setting, just under the ring tone, there is a vibrate check box. If you un-tick that, it won't vibrate when the alarm goes off.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any reviews of people who bought 9 Pro from shopee or lazada? on global ROM? might pass on Sony liao considering it's likely going to be near $1.8k - $2k range.

wanna know whether there're issues with SG-based apps like SingPass and such due to it not being sold locally.

GardeniaOverSunshine

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Oxygen OS but on Color OS (which is a sibling) there's this option under AOD's "Display options" to select:
- Power saving (which turns off the screen when it's stationary "for a while"
- Scheduled (I supposed you can set the timing)
- All day

Do you see this in the phone?

By the way you purchased 9 Pro or the normal 9? Interested to know how the 9 Pro is so far...
I found out why, i used the case the seller gave (transparent silicon standard case), and it covers abit too much, triggering the pocket mode sensor thats why the AOD having issues. Once i switched back to the stock case its alright lol. Still trying to figure out where is the pocket mode sensor.

I use the 9 Pro, switched from op5. so far, everything seems like an upgrade, honestly not that much that i can feel, op5 still working well, just buy in case my op5 died it would be troublesome.

Upside: 120hz, everything is smooth, camera is good, very customizable phone, feels good in hand, not too big, a cm bigger than op5 but screen size is around 40% more. nothing much to complain other than below.

downside: no led notification, need aod which is working fine for me now. and the other downside is just that the 120hz too smooth, sometimes in various apps will have some ads which takes up alot of bandwidth? not too sure, then the scrolling become very choppy/stutters alot, which is more apparent in op9p than op5.

as for maumu - i never download singpass so idk haha. NFC havent get the chance to use it, still waiting for a new credit card to be delivered first.

ChickenRapist

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone switched from Galaxy S10+ 1440p to OnePlus 9 1080p and feels like its a good upgrade?

I'm contemplating on the screen resolution downgrade.

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
any reviews of people who bought 9 Pro from shopee or lazada? on global ROM? might pass on Sony liao considering it's likely going to be near $1.8k - $2k range.

wanna know whether there're issues with SG-based apps like SingPass and such due to it not being sold locally.
I bought the 9 Pro (model LE2120). So far it works like a charm. I've used it with Singpass and Trace together. G pay works tried retail at NTUC/Sheng Siong only as due to the current situation didn't travel on public transport yet. No issues.

Update : yes Gpay works on buses too. No issue.

Last edited:

GardeniaOverSunshine

Reaction score
I bought the 9 Pro (model LE2120). So far it works like a charm. I've used it with Singpass and Trace together. G pay works tried retail at NTUC/Sheng Siong only as due to the current situation didn't travel on public transport yet. No issues.
bro quick question, do u use always on display, and does the always on display dims after receiving a notification for you?

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
bro quick question, do u use always on display, and does the always on display dims after receiving a notification for you?
LOL..yes bro... Not sure why it does that... I thought it should be bright to let you see notifications coming in, instead it dims... Looks like a bug 😀

You enjoying this phone? Really like this phone a lot.

Last edited:

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any suggestions which shopee retailer to buy from? not dodgy ones...

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got the OP9 but mine is on 2.3.3 OOS

i check system update, there's no updates... why?? isn't 2.7.7 out

i check my model is LE2113 which is europe version , but OOS is LE25AA = global version

How's the battery life under normal usage ?

use 8-9hours left 30% or so.

charge very fast

quite ok

So... Does this phone able to have 5G and Volte?

according to desc, got 5g...but i think all telco if u wanna use 5g u need new sim card and buy their most expensive plan

Last edited:

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
any suggestions which shopee retailer to buy from? not dodgy ones...
There are a few reputable like alpha telecom, etoren etc. I bought mine from carousell 😀

Last edited:

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score

Update : yes Gpay works on buses too. No issue.
Does your 9 Pro have 5G and Volte on local telco network?

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
Does your 9 Pro have 5G and Volte on local telco network?
I don't have a 5G SIM card so I can't confirm, although the phone does have Auto / Smart 5G in the wireless network settings.

However for VOLTE definitely working for Singtel and M1 (Circles). No need to run QPST PDC. 😀

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't have a 5G SIM card so I can't confirm, although the phone does have Auto / Smart 5G in the wireless network settings.

However for VOLTE definitely working for Singtel and M1 (Circles). No need to run QPST PDC. 😀
Thanks shager! Wonder if it supports local 5G, if it does, getting a global rom version via online is worthwhile.

shager

Master Member
Reaction score

I should add that I'm on the latest 11.2.7.7. LE15DA version rom. I didn't bother to change it to AA global as it was VOLTE out of the box. 😁

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.