POCO F5 series

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
37,836
Reaction score
10,080
yeah Im still using F3 too and it's still capable of serving me well (which includes gaming). as mentioned it's up to individual whether a need or want for the upgrade, <$400 price point to me is worthed it thus just gotten yst. if one's willing to wait longer, will probably drop to <350 in another 3-6mths time

and F4 is definitely not worthed getting as an F3 upgrade. However it's definitely a good deal to get for children or elderly as a new phone at current price of $250


Sent from Poco F3 using EDMWER app!
This will be your main phone bro?
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
37,836
Reaction score
10,080
yeah. but honestly im still itching to try out nord3 "premium feel" leh hahaha :o
do oneplus phones devalue similarly as poco range, or simply EOL at same regulated price?
For me, poco still has a better resale value. First set i bought like 459? I sell 430 after 3 months surprisingly... oneplus not as easy to sell as last time liao. Ever since they merged, and OS changed to colorOS base, popularity dropped a bit
 

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
19,032
Reaction score
3,674
Thinking to hoot F5 12gb+256 to replace my old F3.

Have been using F3 for 2.5 years (from Apr 21) already. Bought it for 450 last time. I think sold the used one for 100-150$ is good enough already right? Depreciation value about 10$ per month, much lesser than my other fruit phone. Haha
 

b3cks_

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Similar to quite of a few here, I'm currently using F3. Serving me well but the power button is cranky. Dropped my phone too many times and now it's full of external cosmetic "injures" as well.

Bought F5 at a good price. Should be receiving it in the next few days. Any advice how to seamlessly "mirror" or copy exactly what I have in my F3 to my new phone?

I seems to recall using some app when I did it from my F1 to my F3. But I think it was just file transfer capability at that time. Not sure anything changed since.

Any advice appreciate. TIA
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
37,836
Reaction score
10,080
Similar to quite of a few here, I'm currently using F3. Serving me well but the power button is cranky. Dropped my phone too many times and now it's full of external cosmetic "injures" as well.

Bought F5 at a good price. Should be receiving it in the next few days. Any advice how to seamlessly "mirror" or copy exactly what I have in my F3 to my new phone?

I seems to recall using some app when I did it from my F1 to my F3. But I think it was just file transfer capability at that time. Not sure anything changed since.

Any advice appreciate. TIA
Mi mover?
 

Blacky

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2002
Messages
1,675
Reaction score
780
Similar to quite of a few here, I'm currently using F3. Serving me well but the power button is cranky. Dropped my phone too many times and now it's full of external cosmetic "injures" as well.

Bought F5 at a good price. Should be receiving it in the next few days. Any advice how to seamlessly "mirror" or copy exactly what I have in my F3 to my new phone?

I seems to recall using some app when I did it from my F1 to my F3. But I think it was just file transfer capability at that time. Not sure anything changed since.

Any advice appreciate. TIA
Read my post here

Copying over can be done, but seamless mirror no. Not that i know so far. It's not like ios.
You will have to go through all your in-app settings, login etc.
 

acidcrash

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2000
Messages
8,787
Reaction score
2,734
Aiayhh..the casing for f5 bought on 10 sept arrived today whilst phone still not yet arrive. 😂
 

Honeydewz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
12,011
Reaction score
4,192
How can i fix this issue?

Usually after installing an app the xiaomi security app will automatically pop up and scan the newly installed app for viruses but the function stopped working after a new firmware update. So is there any way i can reactivate the function? I tried checking and unchecking the "scan before installing settings nothing changed...
 

Devilsire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
11,709
Reaction score
4,447
Aiayhh..the casing for f5 bought on 10 sept arrived today whilst phone still not yet arrive. 😂
mine reached hub today, probably tmr delivery
Today 17:38 In transit Your parcel has arrived at sorting facility: Delivery Hub (East)
 

nsy01sg

Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

Poco F5 and F5 Pro shipped from China come with Google Play store and global ROM? Don't understand the term NFC are market/region dependency, so physically the NFC chip are in the phone or not. I need NFC function to perform cashless transaction like Simplygo and Google Pay.

Lastly, from which shopping platform did you buy your phone.

Thank you.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Similar to quite of a few here, I'm currently using F3. Serving me well but the power button is cranky. Dropped my phone too many times and now it's full of external cosmetic "injures" as well.

Bought F5 at a good price. Should be receiving it in the next few days. Any advice how to seamlessly "mirror" or copy exactly what I have in my F3 to my new phone?

I seems to recall using some app when I did it from my F1 to my F3. But I think it was just file transfer capability at that time. Not sure anything changed since.

Any advice appreciate. TIA
Which one did you get? 8/256 or 12/256? How much did you get it for?

For me, I will usually setup the phone with all my Gmail emails and then do a restore from Google. After that, I will try to make sure all the data for critical apps get migrated over properly. When all this are done already, the last App to get migrated over is WhatsApp (with the chat history).

Once WhatsApp is migrated over, then I will move the SIM card over to the new phone
 

chaiscool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2018
Messages
16,415
Reaction score
6,006
Which one did you get? 8/256 or 12/256? How much did you get it for?

For me, I will usually setup the phone with all my Gmail emails and then do a restore from Google. After that, I will try to make sure all the data for critical apps get migrated over properly. When all this are done already, the last App to get migrated over is WhatsApp (with the chat history).

Once WhatsApp is migrated over, then I will move the SIM card over to the new phone
Whatsapp migration really ancient sia, telegram so easy just login nia
 

b3cks_

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Which one did you get? 8/256 or 12/256? How much did you get it for?

For me, I will usually setup the phone with all my Gmail emails and then do a restore from Google. After that, I will try to make sure all the data for critical apps get migrated over properly. When all this are done already, the last App to get migrated over is WhatsApp (with the chat history).

Once WhatsApp is migrated over, then I will move the SIM card over to the new phone

12/256 Black. Got it for slightly under 350. Shopee MY.

Good buddy of mine have a property in JB so used his address. Since I quite frequent JB for groceries and petrol (Abt once per 2/3 weeks), sometimes alone sometimes with my buddy. Can collect quite easily and hassle free. Just that risk no warranty. Surprisingly fast though. I ordered 9.9 midnight when sales start, reached my friend's house 10.9 afternoon 1pm. Took from him last night.

Btw I have already did all the set up. Posting from my F5 as we speak.

It's more easier than previously when I did F1 to F3. All my chats app can wirelessly transfer. Multimedia follow the set up guide. All transfers done in about an hour or so. Only thing is all those app with login have to re-login again.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Whatsapp migration really ancient sia, telegram so easy just login nia
Totally agree.

So easy for Telegram. Just sign in and ALL chat history restored.

For WhatsApp, still so troublesome. But bo bian leh, there are a lot of legacy information that I still need on WhatsApp.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
12/256 Black. Got it for slightly under 350. Shopee MY.

Good buddy of mine have a property in JB so used his address. Since I quite frequent JB for groceries and petrol (Abt once per 2/3 weeks), sometimes alone sometimes with my buddy. Can collect quite easily and hassle free. Just that risk no warranty. Surprisingly fast though. I ordered 9.9 midnight when sales start, reached my friend's house 10.9 afternoon 1pm. Took from him last night.

Btw I have already did all the set up. Posting from my F5 as we speak.

It's more easier than previously when I did F1 to F3. All my chats app can wirelessly transfer. Multimedia follow the set up guide. All transfers done in about an hour or so. Only thing is all those app with login have to re-login again.
Oic. If you frequent JB, then ok lah.

But for uncle like me, very lazy. Even sending in locally for warranty, I also feel very troublesome liao. So rather pay a bit more for the convenience.

I think I will get the Poco F5 soon. I will probably go order the case and matte SP now first.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top