POSB Cashback Bonus

ValerieLah

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
5,928
Reaction score
195
Yes please wait a few days. Understand 1k is big monies to some ppl but please be assured they won't eat your monies. You got screen-shot the last screen to prove got buy in case dispute will do liao.

As for the Bank & Earn Summary the tracker only start moving when at least 3 categories are hit. I let wenguang come in add more details as he is the old bird in this scheme super experienced.
Wa.. I never screenshot lei.. got receive email with ref no. that order is successful though.

This is my 1st month, so far got the tracker but all 3 never move yet. Will update here again once it moves so can serve as a guide for newbies who want to try taking up this program.
 

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2010
Messages
6,744
Reaction score
3,095
Well only they will know.

but I guess in time they realise it cost too much, then they will do it.

I'm also waiting for DBS to realize this but it seems to be taking longer than expected for such a profit- and sustainability-driven bank :LOL:
 

ValerieLah

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
5,928
Reaction score
195
Yes please wait a few days. Understand 1k is big monies to some ppl but please be assured they won't eat your monies. You got screen-shot the last screen to prove got buy in case dispute will do liao.

As for the Bank & Earn Summary the tracker only start moving when at least 3 categories are hit. I let wenguang come in add more details as he is the old bird in this scheme super experienced.
My UT is in but my tracker never moved yet, salary already credited and have CC spend as well. Is it supposed to update immediately?
 

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
My UT is in but my tracker never moved yet, salary already credited and have CC spend as well. Is it supposed to update immediately?
UT, you bought on Friday, i suppose the UT just reflected in too. If you see the tracker, "cashback updated as of 21st May. Just wait for 2 to 3 days.

I bought my UT on 16th, deducted on 17th, just checked today it is reflected.
 

Darwinson

Banned
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
13,549
Reaction score
953
Fr DBSVO: The rebate for 10% Promo (Q1 2023) has been credited to your trading account or linked Multi-Currency Account. Thank you for trading with DBS Vickers.


what does it mean ?
 

hello boss

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
33
UT, you bought on Friday, i suppose the UT just reflected in too. If you see the tracker, "cashback updated as of 21st May. Just wait for 2 to 3 days.

I bought my UT on 16th, deducted on 17th, just checked today it is reflected.
Btw may I know how to buy UT instantly? I try to buy but it's under RSP.
 

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
Btw may I know how to buy UT instantly? I try to buy but it's under RSP.
some etf cannot be bought instantly, only RSP. i'm not sure what ut u intending to buy,

If the ut allows lump sum purchase, it will allow you to key in amount to buy without setting up RSP
 

wira

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2000
Messages
5,772
Reaction score
771
Posb,DBS nowadays are a far cry from what they used to be back 20+ years when I start work. It is rotting inside somehow IMHO.
what about it 20+ years ago that was better than now ah ?
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,560
Reaction score
3,241
what about it 20+ years ago that was better than now ah ?
I am referring to the times before DBS makan POSB. Rumors have it DBS venture overseas lose monies so only way to get more capital is to makan POSB which contains a lot of local citizen monies. Well conspiracy theory of those days. I just come out to work on my first job very green.
 

hello boss

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
33
some etf cannot be bought instantly, only RSP. i'm not sure what ut u intending to buy,

If the ut allows lump sum purchase, it will allow you to key in amount to buy without setting up RSP
Pick 1 as suggested in this forum, Nikko AM SGD investment grd corp bd etf... turn out as RSP. Is it correct?
Sorry as i'm still new. So since is RSP, it will auto debit my account monthly?
and how to stop the subscription. TIA.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,560
Reaction score
3,241
Pick 1 as suggested in this forum, Nikko AM SGD investment grd corp bd etf... turn out as RSP. Is it correct?
Sorry as i'm still new. So since is RSP, it will auto debit my account monthly?
and how to stop the subscription. TIA.
If don't want RSP choose Unit Trust as some has lump sum feature and it is counted as valid txn for investment category. wenguang will share with you some of the Unit Trust that is lump sum or you can go and find yourself not so hard.
 

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
Pick 1 as suggested in this forum, Nikko AM SGD investment grd corp bd etf... turn out as RSP. Is it correct?
Sorry as i'm still new. So since is RSP, it will auto debit my account monthly?
and how to stop the subscription. TIA.
you wan to lump sum buy and sell fast, take Nikko AM Shenton Short Term Bond Fd (S$) - SGD - Cash
 

Imhthc

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2019
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
302
Pick 1 as suggested in this forum, Nikko AM SGD investment grd corp bd etf... turn out as RSP. Is it correct?
Sorry as i'm still new. So since is RSP, it will auto debit my account monthly?
and how to stop the subscription. TIA.
To stop the subscription, u find the invest icon at the bottom row of the app. Find UT & ETFs -> my funds and u will see the ut u had set up for rsp. Select that ut and u will see manage savings plan on the subsequent page. Click on it and at the the end of the subsequent page and u can see delete savings plan
 

ValerieLah

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
5,928
Reaction score
195
UT, you bought on Friday, i suppose the UT just reflected in too. If you see the tracker, "cashback updated as of 21st May. Just wait for 2 to 3 days.

I bought my UT on 16th, deducted on 17th, just checked today it is reflected.
Thanks for the advice bro, I just checked and my tracker updated already. The cashback earned as at 23 May got updated already, no longer showing $0.00 and my CC spend and salary credit tracker bar has moved. The investment tracker bar still never move.. I assume this is common and should be fixed in a few days?

So can I sell the UT already now?
 

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
Thanks for the advice bro, I just checked and my tracker updated already. The cashback earned as at 23 May got updated already, no longer showing $0.00 and my CC spend and salary credit tracker bar has moved. The investment tracker bar still never move.. I assume this is common and should be fixed in a few days?

So can I sell the UT already now?
can sell
 

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2010
Messages
6,744
Reaction score
3,095
Fr DBSVO: The rebate for 10% Promo (Q1 2023) has been credited to your trading account or linked Multi-Currency Account. Thank you for trading with DBS Vickers.


what does it mean ?

Means you earn some money back from them, which you can use to trade (cash account) or withdraw to your bank account.
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
you wan to lump sum buy and sell fast, take Nikko AM Shenton Short Term Bond Fd (S$) - SGD - Cash

thanks for all your tips, very helpful! I'm getting started on this too.
just thinking aloud can I set up this Nikko AM Shenton Short Term Bond Fd (S$) - SGD - Cash as a RSP?
(1) clock the sales rebate promotion up to S$125 (July to Dec so S$25) https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/promotion/invest-saver
(2) and then cancel the RSP and continue doing Lump Sum from Jan 2024 onwards?

or am I missing something here (other than the hassle/over-optimisation)?

I've actually gone ahead and set it up and it just made its first deduction.... now I don't know whether it's gonna make any deduction on the 15th
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top