[Printer] Laser Printer questions lip lai !!!

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,328
Reaction score
291
Hi there, Im looking for cheap & cost effective monochrome laser printer mainly for printing uni notes. Don't need any scanner/photocopying functions, pure printing only.

Will need to be:
- Auto Duplex (2-sided printing that doesn't jam much)
- Cheap Toner
- Good Durability that can last for 2-3years at least.
- Budget $100-140.
- Wireless feature would be nice, but nt really needed i guess.
- Energy saving if possible.

Any Recommendations? :)

Go for a an entry level Fuji Xerox or HP. They have the best printing technology. Toner cartridges will be expensive, but they do last very long.
 

TicTatToe

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Can someone recommend me which models to go for? :)

1. Mono
2. Print, Print Scan Copy (3in1)
3. Less than 5 pages per month
4. <$150
5. Wireless if possible
 

jayjay999999

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2011
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

Can you give me a recommendation with the following specs?

1. Colour
2. Primarily Print. Considering Print Scan Copy (3in1) if it is affordable.
3. Mostly black and white (200/month). Colour (100/month)
4. Maximum $500
5. In order of priority:
(i) Auto-Duplex (This is because in the past, I often find it difficult to do manual duplex as I'm printing double sided all the time. Unless it is easier to do manual duplex now?)
(ii) Wireless
(iii) A3 (I'd really like to have A3 as I do print them occasionally, but usually they are found in big copiers or inkjet printers)
(iv) Reasonably sized, probably around the Brother HL-3170CDW's size or be able to sit on a working desk.


After much researching, somehow I'm left with the Brother HL-3170CDW (less the A3 feature I think). But its colour printing isn't satisfactory. I may be printing posters for my work, thus having accurate and flawless printing will be essential.

I am opened to printers maybe priced slightly higher, or can consider giving up some features if need be. But its difficult to find such printers in the market, unless they come in huge expensive packages. Will appreciate if you are able to help source for printers that can fit my requirements :s11:
 

Bargainhunter56

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
I would like to know if there are any laser printers with these properties,

1. Mono
2. Print, Print Scan Copy (3in1)
3. <10 pages per month
4. $100-150 (if not possible, as cheap as possible)
5.Duplex, wireless, fax, high speed printing not needed

If u need a simple one,
SAMSUNG 2070W @179 plus $20 or 30 vouchers
FUJI XEROX M215B @ $159 plus $40 ntuc voucher

Both are okay for simple use, FUJI one has cheaper toner thou
 

toolbox03

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
65,648
Reaction score
31,228
SAMSUNG 2070W with wireless @ $198 with $50 ntuc vouchers
toner @ $77 for 1000 pages

Fuji Xerox m215b without wireless @ $159 with $40 ntuc vouchers
toner @ $55 for 1000 prints or $95 for 2200 pages

P.S. PM me to know where to get the best deals for all the models :s13::s13:

Toner excluded from Fuji?
 

XHolyz

Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
291
Reaction score
0
Any1 can recommend me any printers?


1. Mono
2. Print
3. Around 50-100 pages/month
4. Budgets ard 100-200
5. Cheap toner
6. Wireless printing(If possible)
7. Able to print both sides
8. If possible as small as possible haha
 
Last edited:

cycy13

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm looking for recommendations a printer, the following is what I need,

1. Colour
2. Print Scan Copy (3in1)
3. <$500
4. Wireless/Network printing, duplex printing
5. Usage won't be high, guessing the most about 100 pages/month

Looked through the past recommendations and it seems that CM215FW fits my requirements, is there any offers/discounts currently for this printer, or are there any other printers that will suit these requirements, thanks!
 

Bargainhunter56

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
I mean does the printer come with toner or have to fork out addition $55 for it?

Ohhhh.

Yup first set of toners are included in new printers, but from what i know they are usually half-filled :(:(:(

It's the industry standard no matter which brand you buy from
 

H3r0s0ulr3nd3r

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Hi Everyone!

My requirement:
1. Mono or Colour
Colour

2. Print, Print Scan Copy (3in1) or Print Scan Copy Fax (4in1)
Print Scan Copy (3in1)

3. Printing capacity per month
Not really sure for student usage entering NUS, but I'm guessing may be high.

4. Budget
Good for value

5. Other extra requirement like wireless, iphone printing etc.
Wireless, auto duplex printing and automatic document feeder if possible.

Currently, I'm thinking of Fuji Xerox DocuPrint CM215 b.

Anyone can give me insight of that model, or even other better model/brand?

Thank!
 

Bargainhunter56

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Hi Everyone!

My requirement:
1. Mono or Colour
Colour

2. Print, Print Scan Copy (3in1) or Print Scan Copy Fax (4in1)
Print Scan Copy (3in1)

3. Printing capacity per month
Not really sure for student usage entering NUS, but I'm guessing may be high.

4. Budget
Good for value

5. Other extra requirement like wireless, iphone printing etc.
Wireless, auto duplex printing and automatic document feeder if possible.

Currently, I'm thinking of Fuji Xerox DocuPrint CM215 b.

Anyone can give me insight of that model, or even other better model/brand?

Thank!

LOL based on your requirement, that model should be your best bet.
 

magneto23

Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2002
Messages
360
Reaction score
12
Hi All

1. Mono or Colour
Colour

2. Print, Print Scan Copy (3in1) or Print Scan Copy Fax (4in1)
Print Scan Copy (3in1)

3. Printing capacity per month
Approx. 50+ pages per month

4. Budget
$300 - $500

5. Other extra requirement like wireless, iphone printing etc.
Must have wireless

Currently, thinking of Fuji Xerox DocuPrint CM215fw, but the fax function would be wasted. Does Fuji have any laser printers that have print, scan, copy and wifi?

Anyone can give me an idea of what would be a good model besides the one I have shortlisted?

Also, have heard that TaoPao offers cheap toners. Is there a recommended dealer for these?

Are these guys okay?

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.24.TKrEaH&id=17977319573

http://www.bhiner.com/taobao-agent/13757597569

Thanks for the help.
 
Last edited:

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2000
Messages
12,966
Reaction score
20
I just bought the Fuji 205MF and start using last week, never even print 100 pages now it says "toner cartridge is close to life"

WTF it means?
The small toner print only so little?
 
Last edited:

Bargainhunter56

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
I just bought the Fuji 205MF and start using last week, never even print 100 pages now it says "toner cartridge is close to life"

WTF it means?
The small toner print only so little?

Hi,

You bought M205F recently? But that is suppose to be an old model :eek::eek:
The replacement model is M215FW!
Nonetheless, the starting toner shld last you ard 500 pages.
The industry standard of 1 page is 5% of an A4 size paper, that is based on ISO 19752.

So most probably your usage per page is more than 5%, thats why so fast run out :s8::s8:
 

tonerseller

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Woah Funan atrium got Fuji Xerox trade in deals!

Very agressive I see if tomorrow I remember to take the flyers and take pic show everyone.

I remember CM305df very ke siao $499 after trade in
usual promo price $649

M215fw $139 after trade in
usual promo price $239

Think very worth it if you all got time to go down with your old laser printers
 

razermarcus

Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Hi would need to get a printer asap! Appreciate your help!

1. Color (mainly mono)
2. Print, Print Scan Copy (3in1)
3. 100-200 per month
4. < $300
5. Auto Duplex, wireless, USB, high speed printing not needed

Would like to know where can I get it asap (tomorrow). Thank you!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top