PRISM+ TV Discussion Thread

newcell

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What happen when the android version no longer can update? Thinking of getting one of this.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What happen when the android version no longer can update? Thinking of getting one of this.
The TV can still operate even the OS stops updating. You might just not get newer streaming apps in the future if there is any.

This issue can always be mitigate by getting a Android Box or Stick.

newcell

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The TV can still operate even the OS stops updating. You might just not get newer streaming apps in the future if there is any.

This issue can always be mitigate by getting a Android Box or Stick.
Thanks, getting a TV these day more complicated

petetherock

Reaction score
Thanks, getting a TV these day more complicated
It depends
It’s is as hard as you want it to be
Cheaper TVs sometimes not only give you lower quality panels but lesser video chips and cpu processing
But if all you do is watch tv then most panels can’t go wrong 👌

VideoOne2

Reaction score
My friend ask me to install an android app on his Prism+ E55. I am not familiar with Prism+. What OS are they using? Is it possible to side load android apk? What do I need? Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I guess not. E55 is not Android base. :)

Last edited:

cochran

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone interested to see the quality of the tv can go zion road hawker to see. many many there. Dun know its the E or Q model. size like is 65".

martin

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a Prism. I already have a chromecast 2020. Does it mean I should just get E series? Is android tv the only difference between E and Q.

Another thing. My current LG is 46”, if getting Prism 55”, is it much bigger than my current screen? I actually quite like my current size and would not want a much bigger one.

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a Prism. I already have a chromecast 2020. Does it mean I should just get E series? Is android tv the only difference between E and Q.

Another thing. My current LG is 46”, if getting Prism 55”, is it much bigger than my current screen? I actually quite like my current size and would not want a much bigger one.
Suggest to buy a more reputable TCL TV from Giant (not from parallel importer) and sell away your chromecast 2020. This is what I did.

martin

Reaction score
Suggest to buy a more reputable TCL TV from Giant (not from parallel importer) and sell away your chromecast 2020. This is what I did.
Thanks. Been out of touch. Previously all my TVs were from big brands like Samsung, Sharp, Panasonic, LG etc, but lately been hearing names like Prism and Xiaomi. I have not heard of TCL yet, frankly. What do you like about it?

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Been out of touch. Previously all my TVs were from big brands like Samsung, Sharp, Panasonic, LG etc, but lately been hearing names like Prism and Xiaomi. I have not heard of TCL yet, frankly. What do you like about it?

Please do a search in HWZ. Also search for TCL in you tube. Read or watch review. Then decide.

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My friend ask me to install an android app on his Prism+ E55. I am not familiar with Prism+. What OS are they using? Is it possible to side load android apk? What do I need? Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I guess not. E55 is not Android base. :)
E55 Linux base. Even the Q series also cannot side load Android apk.

weeza77

Reaction score
Can sideload on Q55QE? Pls kindly guide as I tried mine but can't.
See if you can sideload from the service menu. Google for Skyworth Service menu.
There are a few key combinations available. Update here if you are successful.

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their inhouse reviews from so called customers all took time to write reviews, praising the tv...

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their inhouse reviews from so called customers all took time to write reviews, praising the tv...
That's quite normal. Normally, the right way to look at review is to look at those bad or negative one and see if the complaint is valid.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.