Problem(s) with your S7/S7 Edge

mfbatzap

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
5,768
Reaction score
51
is it me or does the phone feel hot to touch after using it for a while? Using s7 here...
 

Stephen88

Junior Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Problematic....

Thinking of buying the Samsung S7 edge after checking some bugs that probably stop of buying it....1)Volume Button 2)Bluetooth Issues 3)Camera App Failing Repeatedly 4)SD Card Error Message 5)Wet Speaker Not Working 6) Over Heating 7) Wifi Connection Problem 8) Sensitive Screen 9) Auto Off ....etc When there is a lot of features it certainly create problem from the phone. Seen like ios is less problematic than Andriod phone. The pricing of this S7 and S7 edge pricing is keep dropping faster than the iPhone. :eek:
 

Arceptionist

Master Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2010
Messages
3,616
Reaction score
26
I got a lot of problems with my S7 Edge. The sound keeps cutting off intermittently. For example, I can be listening to music halfway then suddenly no sound halfway. I checked volume, sound mode, all that okay. But there's just no sound coming out from the device at all. No sound from notifications, from videos, from music, from button presses. No sound at all. Usually have to reset the phone then the sound will come back.

My S7 Edge will also sometimes hang at the always-on display there and not respond to any button press. Have to manually reset the phone by holding down the volume and home button. This has occurred 2 or 3 times already.

Very disappointed with the phone, wonder if its a hardware or software problem. Problem is the issue usually goes away with a hard reset but keeps coming back randomly afterwards thus I don't know if I can exchange handsets with Samsung.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Thinking of buying the Samsung S7 edge after checking some bugs that probably stop of buying it....1)Volume Button 2)Bluetooth Issues 3)Camera App Failing Repeatedly 4)SD Card Error Message 5)Wet Speaker Not Working 6) Over Heating 7) Wifi Connection Problem 8) Sensitive Screen 9) Auto Off ....etc When there is a lot of features it certainly create problem from the phone. Seen like ios is less problematic than Andriod phone. The pricing of this S7 and S7 edge pricing is keep dropping faster than the iPhone. :eek:

Lol. Then go buy iPhone lor.. no one is stopping you.. :D
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I got a lot of problems with my S7 Edge. The sound keeps cutting off intermittently. For example, I can be listening to music halfway then suddenly no sound halfway. I checked volume, sound mode, all that okay. But there's just no sound coming out from the device at all. No sound from notifications, from videos, from music, from button presses. No sound at all. Usually have to reset the phone then the sound will come back.

My S7 Edge will also sometimes hang at the always-on display there and not respond to any button press. Have to manually reset the phone by holding down the volume and home button. This has occurred 2 or 3 times already.

Very disappointed with the phone, wonder if its a hardware or software problem. Problem is the issue usually goes away with a hard reset but keeps coming back randomly afterwards thus I don't know if I can exchange handsets with Samsung.

You might wanna get it checked at service centre. I'm using note 5 but I don't think what you are experiencing is a genuine reflection of Samsung phones in terms of quality and software reliability..

Not perfect phone, but definitely won't be that cui as what u described.. :D
 

tkl23786

Master Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
3,279
Reaction score
158
Well, unless there are like hundreds of people complaining about the same issues all over the internet (including other forums), it is likely not a batch issue but more of individual phone issue.

So far, all the complains are from individuals experiencing the unfortunate issues and not a number of people experiencing the same issues.

Majority of users are happy and extremely satisfied with the phone. Just some people are unlucky to get lemon set.

I'm sure other phones will also have their own fair share of problems. It is not like certain phones are free of problems.
 

Arceptionist

Master Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2010
Messages
3,616
Reaction score
26
I factory resetted my phone. Will observe the phone over a few days and see if the problems still persist.
 

Stephen88

Junior Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Update glitch!

Have multiple of Andriod and apple phone just want to share some.Goodluck! for buying an expensive phone that didn't last a month or last less than a week for other. Some people already have the same problem.Samsung already received two updates, including one rated as critical. Stay informed about new updates as they come out so you can get the best performance out of this great device.You can check out this website for problem solving.
 
Last edited:

S750WP

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2005
Messages
668
Reaction score
0
Have multiple of Andriod and apple phone just want to share some.Goodluck! for buying an expensive phone that didn't last a month or last less than a week for other. Some people already have the same problem.Samsung already received two updates, including one rated as critical. Stay informed about new updates as they come out so you can get the best performance out of this great device.You can check out this website for problem solving.
I just checked on my phone status there is no update available leh.

yNEhRdal.png



Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT
 

S750WP

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2005
Messages
668
Reaction score
0
I see most of problems feedback comes from S7E maybe it's the more popular choice compare to S7.

I am a happy user of S7 since purchase 2 weeks till now, the phone is fast, fluid and smooth, never hang or reset. I did not put my phone under water or gaming but clamp to my motorcycle for GPS and Bluetooth for music and phone call to my helmet Bluetooth receiver.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT
 
Last edited:

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,364
Reaction score
10,224
So far only rebooted twice and that is both because of Chrome somehow unstable here.
I did turned off Edge screens and whatever S-apps like S-Health and Voice, and did the XSP reset.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top