Promotion in reservist

getsby

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
8,194
Reaction score
0
Not true leh. How it works is:

Officer say got saikang to do.
PS will tell everyone what's the saikang.
3SG will tell men how to clear the saikang and supervise.
Men clear saikang.

Unless of course, you are super un-coorporative and is usually the only one/few to slack in bunk while everyone else is clearing saikang.

Most of my platoon mate are in this category>> you are super un-coorporative and is usually the only one/few to slack in bunk while everyone else is clearing saikang
 

getsby

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
8,194
Reaction score
0
Har. Commanders ICT 3 days longer, when everybody nua or sleeping in bunk, we attending meetings, recce for exercise, always book in earlier and book out later than our guys, even if pass IPPT still must acc our men take the test... where got good

agree, commander always kanna meetings/planning/briefing all this sh!t, while men can go break/zzz/OTOT during this period. Note that meetings/planning/briefing can take whole day one which mean the men can nua the whole day!!!:D
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
_小龙问路_;55193648 said:
Hi all,

Can we be promoted during Army ICT?

Can.

_小龙问路_;55193648 said:
From men to spec?

Sure can.

_小龙问路_;55193648 said:
From men to officer?

No.

_小龙问路_;55193648 said:
From spec to officer?

Curious. Thanks.

Near to impossible but if you hold key appointment, there is always a way but depend your unit want to do that for you.
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
so it is not a good thing to promote to a 2SG just before you ORD am I right?

It depend.

cause you will go for a NSmen pltn sgt course and which means more work right?

No. NS unit do not really base on GOM in the area of what rank to hold what appointment. You can hold a RSM appointment without even going to PL SGT/CSM/RSM course.

btw, when you promote during ICT, your rank will have (NS) next to it right?

Yes.
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
Don't need opportunities. Just tell your officer that you hope to be a spec & they will know what to do.

As a NS commander, the only power to make life better for your men is break time, book out & stay out.


_小龙问路_;55200316 said:
hmmm if i siam all the arrows, wont the opportunities run away too? not to discredit your point, i find it makes sense sometimes too, afterall i practices it before.:s13:

& yes im aware of the leadership in the outside world part. but it makes you wonder how some clowns can be commissioned.

to articulate would 2 main reasons, like...
pride - at least i can also do it like many friends i have. (2 PCs in my NSF coy downgraded & 1 is a SOM somemore. surely im not even lousier?)
power - if you are given power to make a difference to the lives of those under your charge, who won't take it? at least i will do what's within my power to make life better, SGrean guys already have a sad life.

and of course rank doesnt equate substance, its entirely true.

yea.

no offence though, i stand corrected.:s13:
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
Haha, I treat NS as part time job in a way also can count as CCA cause force to serve =P


Piang, u are like some school kids who is treating NS like some CCA achievement to brag about....

Good for story telling during drinking session but when the years goes by, ur peers would be comparing their career, houses, wat so ever. NS is basically past tense.
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
Chance of promotion is there.

Just a question, if you pass your IPPT for ICT, will you be promted? cause I want to siam RT but at the same time dont want to promote. :o
 
Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
Never hear in real life or see before in GOM but if you KIA, you will mostly promoted to 2 ranks up. This mean if you are a PTE, you will KIA as a 3SG.

pray for war, i heard during war , all will promote up 3 levels ?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
TS got the change of RET as LTC(NCC) =P
If u ORD and rejoin saf after a few years. u think got how high chance to get MAJ?

why u talk abt ltc(NCC).

anyway for u i think u shld just give up the thought of resigning
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
If u ORD and rejoin saf after a few years. u think got how high chance to get MAJ?

Let say I have a degree with the age of 30 & I sign on. At age of 35 = CPT2, age of 40 = MAJ1, age of 45 = MAJ2, age of 50 = LTC1 if everything is smooth (years of promotion maybe different between 1 to 5 years from the age I quote).

why u talk abt ltc(NCC).

TS sign MOE but he hope to be officer, so best if he join NCC as a teacher for his CCA which he agree with it. He can even promoted to LTC(NCC).

anyway for u i think u shld just give up the thought of resigning

Haha, I also think so because I feel 'abit' tired of SAF when I go back to my ICT. (^^")
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Let say I have a degree with the age of 30 & I sign on. At age of 35 = CPT2, age of 40 = MAJ1, age of 45 = MAJ2, age of 50 = LTC1 if everything is smooth (years of promotion maybe different between 1 to 5 years from the age I quote).



TS sign MOE but he hope to be officer, so best if he join NCC as a teacher for his CCA which he agree with it. He can even promoted to LTC(NCC).



Haha, I also think so because I feel 'abit' tired of SAF when I go back to my ICT. (^^")
I think you are very naive. You think so easy to promote? and you so sure u can sign on at the age of 30?

i know this officer, he sign on after he ord and after he grad, but he was already a LTA during his NSF days. and it's already a struggle to even climb up to MAJ, u think so easy can get LTC when u sign on at the age of 30?
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
I think you are very naive. You think so easy to promote? and you so sure u can sign on at the age of 30?

RSAF & RSN last age for signing on is 27 but for SAF, not sure.

i know this officer, he sign on after he ord and after he grad, but he was already a LTA during his NSF days. and it's already a struggle to even climb up to MAJ, u think so easy can get LTC when u sign on at the age of 30?

Let say he ORD at age of 21, Grad at age of 25. He will reach CPT2 at the age of 30 to 35 (if he is in the combat side). He will reach MAJ1 at the age of 35 to 40 & be MAJ2 at the age of 40 to 45. The rest is depend but if he is lucky, he will reach LTC1 at the age of 45 to 50.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I start at age of 30, I will lose out but if I am already train for most of the career advancement courses, I can save time because I can be plan by my commanders to hold different appointments at different units.
 
Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
RSAF & RSN last age for signing on is 27 but for SAF, not sure.



Let say he ORD at age of 21, Grad at age of 25. He will reach CPT2 at the age of 30 to 35 (if he is in the combat side). He will reach MAJ1 at the age of 35 to 40 & be MAJ2 at the age of 40 to 45. The rest is depend but if he is lucky, he will reach LTC1 at the age of 45 to 50.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I start at age of 30, I will lose out but if I am already train for most of the career advancement courses, I can save time because I can be plan by my commanders to hold different appointments at different units.
SAF = SINGAPORE ARMED FORCES, RSAF & RSN are subset of SAF...

i tell you now you are naive.
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
SAF = SINGAPORE ARMED FORCES, RSAF & RSN are subset of SAF...

SAF = SINGAPORE ARMED FORCES but can also represent Army.

i tell you now you are naive.

I know that I am naive & I hope that my promotion will base on what I plan.

But that is the fact that one can be promoted to that rank base on that the amount years of service with some factors involve because I work in recruitment centre & S1 branch before.

I quoted in a thread before that if I sign on I can confirm RET as a CPT or MAJ but cannot confirm I will RET as a LTC.

A Dip Grad confirm RET as a CPT/MAJ while a Grad confirm RET as a MAJ/LTC & the rest depend on other factors.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
SAF = SINGAPORE ARMED FORCES but can also represent Army.
o rly?

I know that I am naive & I hope that my promotion will base on what I plan.

But that is the fact that one can be promoted to that rank base on that the amount years of service with some factors involve because I work in recruitment centre & S1 branch before.

I quoted in a thread before that if I sign on I can confirm RET as a CPT or MAJ but cannot confirm I will RET as a LTC.

A Dip Grad confirm RET as a CPT/MAJ while a Grad confirm RET as a MAJ/LTC & the rest depend on other factors.
Haha, if everybody hope that their promotion is based on what they plan then like that everybody general already. lol...

naiveness. thats all i can say
 

xiao ming

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
822
Reaction score
0
I have seen a 26yo CPT. My OC is 31 or 32, iirc he only Ba w/o hons. Thats why slower. :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top