jonnyboy91
Member
- Joined
- Jun 27, 2013
- Messages
- 413
- Reaction score
- 18

I just had it shipped out, looking fwd to both the RK860 and Gat Yellows.Swee my Gateron Yellows are here.
Even unlubed sounds and feels good.
Should have went with Gateron Yellows all along :\

Wah make me gian to buy a Royal Kludge and swap to YellowsSwee my Gateron Yellows are here.
Even unlubed sounds and feels good.
Should have went with Gateron Yellows all along :\
You can consider getting those sample kits, one switch by one switch ones.Wah make me gian to buy a Royal Kludge and swap to Yellows
Same. I just tested it out. Came with RK-branded switches. I misunderstood and presumed it'd come with legit Cherry ones. But given the price, the whole set legit MXs will cost the same as the kb.my rk860 just came. gonna replace the keycaps with the coral one later)
oh its isnt cherry ones? sian.. is the rk ones good? im new to this so not sureSame. I just tested it out. Came with RK-branded switches. I misunderstood and presumed it'd come with legit Cherry ones. But given the price, the whole set legit MXs will cost the same as the kb.
Turns out to be really quiet in stock form. Now I don't know if I want to put foam in or clip the stabs.
I tried it in wireless mode with dongle, and noticed that some keypresses are not registered when I'm typing or pressing very quickly. Have not tried it wired up yet.
I've never tried Cherry MX Browns myself, so can't make a direct comparison. It just feels like a linear switch with a subtle bump. The switches do work for sure, and tactile as expected from a Brown switch. The bump transition not as noticeable like a clicky Blue.oh its isnt cherry ones? sian.. is the rk ones good? im new to this so not sure
i see. hope this can last for many years.I've never tried Cherry MX Browns myself, so can't make a direct comparison. It just feels like a linear switch with a subtle bump. The switches do work for sure, and tactile as expected from a Brown switch. The bump transition not as noticeable like a clicky Blue.
I'm not well-versed into custom kb-ising so can only suggest clipping and lubing the stabs. Maybe also bandaid mod if you still not satisfied with the thocc.i see. hope this can last for many years.
any stabiliser to recommend? dont really like how my backspace key sounds - abit clicky. would prefer a thock sound instead
3-4mm silicone o-rings should do the trick.i see. hope this can last for many years.
any stabiliser to recommend? dont really like how my backspace key sounds - abit clicky. would prefer a thock sound instead
i see. hope this can last for many years.
any stabiliser to recommend? dont really like how my backspace key sounds - abit clicky. would prefer a thock sound instead
I think RK is the keyboard of the year .can just change keys and caps.I'm not well-versed into custom kb-ising so can only suggest clipping and lubing the stabs. Maybe also bandaid mod if you still not satisfied with the thocc.
I find them quite stable and quiet in stock form, compared what I've used so far, mechanical or not. (Rattly; other than the Model M)
EDIT: @roastedcoffeebean Tried kb in wired mode, the keypress problem went away; full n-key rollover tested fine too
Basically a full fledged kb at the price of a DIY kit, very good valueI think RK is the keyboard of the year .can just change keys and caps.
anyone want to full-mod also can use this as base which only costs like $50Basically a full fledged kb at the price of a DIY kit, very good value