- Joined
- Mar 9, 2004
- Messages
- 125,328
- Reaction score
- 6,589
No tactile. Moi Dun Rike.
box jades. awesome stuffLinear moi no feeling.
Clicky switches are just pure evil......box jades. awesome stuff
i did the force break mod but if i tighten the screws, still a little bitty pingy. Had to loosen the screws abit then its fine.Yes, using it stock at the moment.
Q3 construction is abit different from Q1, if you are thinking Q3 inherits the ping from Q1, it doesn’t have it or at least not as bad as Q1.
Have you tried Gazzew switches? Highly recommended!No tactile. Moi Dun Rike.
All depends on your preferences. Whether you needs that tactile bump feedback for keys you pressed.What's good for gaming? Tactile or linear?
All depends on your preferences. Whether you needs that tactile bump feedback for keys you pressed.
I will pay more attention to the actuation force, 50g are kinda nice balance for me between able to spam the keys and not accidentally pressing keys when my fingers tips are resting on them. Best is to try switches in retail stores hands on to help you decides which switches feels better for you.
Switches eventually will degrade over time, but they generally last much much longer than membranes. Unless you get a lemon batch I don't think you have to worry about the longevity.Thanks for the info. I've been using a normal wireless Logitech Keyboard for years. I think the issue I'm having with it now is that sometimes the keys don't seem to register when I press too many at the same time while gaming. Does that happen with mechanical ones as well?
Is it normal for people to buy one type of mechanical keyboard only to sell it away after a few days/weeks to find its not suitable for them? Or do they just adapt to it? Cos I'm not sure if trying it out at the shop will give the same scenario as how it feels like when trying it at home with the game.
I agree that it depends on your preference. For me, I am indifferent between the 2, though if given a choice, I have a slight preference for tactile switches as keyboards to me are not just meant for gaming. Perhaps you should try it out.What's good for gaming? Tactile or linear?
Need to chop it offLinear moi no feeling.
anyone bought it?QK65 is by Qwertykeys which is OwLab's sister company.
R2 Groupbuy happening tomorrow at 12PM @ qwertyqop, our local vendor, if anyone is interested.
R1 ended last week.
anyone bought it?
What's good for gaming? Tactile or linear?
got pic?black + chroma, FR4 plate
my first custom mech kb
i am noob in the custom mech keyboard scene.Linear if you want a consistent, smooth press, tactile for resistance at some parts when pushing the key down.
I am using tactile.
i am noob in the custom mech keyboard scene.
just bought a keychron q3 earlier. was using gateron pro reds. Saw someone selling gateron phantom browns for cheap so just buy to try.
Not much of a difference as the tactile feeling of the gateron browns cant really be felt especially if one is typing fast and bottoming out. Just that it requires a stronger actuation force to press the keys and noticed that the browns sound abit more deeper(thockier) probably due to the Gateron Phantom brown housing of the switch.
The linear gateron pro reds much smoother and lighter press which is better for gaming. Probably for typing and sound, the gateron browns provide a slight better sound. If i were to purposely want to feel the tactility of the brown switch, i have to press it down slowly to feel the bump, otherwise normal typing, cant really feel as i type pretty fast.
I guess the Boba u4t tactile switches should be much better but i am still noob in this scene, thus dont wanna spend so much just for switches hehe