Hello everyone!
I will be going to S.Korea with my mom on the 13th Feb to 19th Feb, we booked just the plane tickets, somehow I didn't consider into booking with a tour agency initially.
Now I am thinking it would be inconvenient travelling around without the ability to speak any korean (other than come-some-hah-me-da).. I contact a couple of travel agencies if they have any tours happening around the days I am there but seems like no one likes to travel during that period.
I am just trying my luck here to see if anybody is travelling at the same period and want to travel together? Maybe not entirely but some days would be good..
Yay
Jen
haha, that's almost the same duration as mine.
i will reach on the 12th night and leave on the 20th early morning flight at about 1am.
bringing my dad and mom too.
don't worry about the language barrier. really.
despite my little knowledge of the language, the times i've been there haven't really needed me to rely on korean for surviving as a tourist. the times i used the language there were not travelling related.
the streets are filled with romanized korean, so if you can read english, you shouldn't have to worry about getting directions with a map.
as for worrying about buying stuff and ordering food. the international "hand signals" work fine too, and works best with fingers pointing to other people's food or pictures in menu LOL. nowadays they have more chinese staff and at least enough english to tell you the prices.
so unless you are travelling out of town, if not. nothing to worry.