Root canal and Crowning sharing...

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
19,026
Reaction score
3,672
Dental Designs? Which clinic did you do for 1070? Why never choose zirconia for molar?
I did it at tlc. He only have this option.
I think the material should be ceramic. I saw the machine he bring to scan is cerec. The crown is ready by the same day.
 

Cereal

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
304
Reaction score
4
I did it at tlc. He only have this option.
I think the material should be ceramic. I saw the machine he bring to scan is cerec. The crown is ready by the same day.

Actually Cerec is the technology but mostly offer full ceramic. Zirconia is just another material but slightly more ex. Did they ask you to do consultation first to discuss the treatment plan? Dental Designs told me I need to pay $45 for consultation. Then another day need to come down to do the crowning. Why you chose TLC? Good review ah? How’s everything?

I think I called them last week and don’t think they told me the cerec crowning is 1070. Hmm.
 
Last edited:

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
19,026
Reaction score
3,672
Actually Cerec is the technology but mostly offer full ceramic. Zirconia is just another material but slightly more ex. Did they ask you to do consultation first to discuss the treatment plan? Dental Designs told me I need to pay $45 for consultation. Then another day need to come down to do the crowning. Why you chose TLC? Good review ah? How’s everything?

I think I called them last week and don’t think they told me the cerec crowning is 1070. Hmm.

Well, i knew that i will require rct+crown because i went to other dentist at jb before cny time when my gum started to have some tender+swollen.

Initially went to JB dentist before cny, the dentist there recommend me to do rct+crown because there is some infection on the gum (swollen a bit, i also feel it when i touch my gum). But, this dentist refer me to endo specialist because he don't dare to do rct for molar.
I made appointment for this endo at JB after CNY, but his appointment only available on april. Then ** takes place, cannot go jb.

I struggle for few months but my gum keep swollen on and off. so i decided to find dentist here. i went tlc because my friend did his wisdom teeth surgery + bracing. Then i read review looks ok. So i decided on my first visit to do rct there, because the price also quite reasonable when i ask through phone call. When i check other dentist the price different is around +/- 200, so i'm ok with that. When I total all in is about 2100 include gst (rct+x-ray+antibiotic+crown).

My experience is quite good because he took his time to clean the nerve during rct and adjust the crown. No rush.

Actually why you want to cerec crown? I don't even know this cerec until i go for the crowning time. Because i ok with normal porcelain fuse metal but since he don't have this option then i just take this option.
For me, i need to do rct urgently because the swollen gum really bothering me for few months, so i don't mind with few hundred bucks different as long as the dentist can do the the job. I just don't like chain dentist that always have different dentist for each visit.
 
Last edited:

Cereal

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
304
Reaction score
4
Well, i knew that i will require rct+crown because i went to other dentist at jb before cny time when my gum started to have some tender+swollen.

Initially went to JB dentist before cny, the dentist there recommend me to do rct+crown because there is some infection on the gum (swollen a bit, i also feel it when i touch my gum). But, this dentist refer me to endo specialist because he don't dare to do rct for molar.
I made appointment for this endo at JB after CNY, but his appointment only available on april. Then ** takes place, cannot go jb.

I struggle for few months but my gum keep swollen on and off. so i decided to find dentist here. i went tlc because my friend did his wisdom teeth surgery + bracing. Then i read review looks ok. So i decided on my first visit to do rct there, because the price also quite reasonable when i ask through phone call. When i check other dentist the price different is around +/- 200, so i'm ok with that. When I total all in is about 2100 include gst (rct+x-ray+antibiotic+crown).

My experience is quite good because he took his time to clean the nerve during rct and adjust the crown. No rush.

Actually why you want to cerec crown? I don't even know this cerec until i go for the crowning time. Because i ok with normal porcelain fuse metal but since he don't have this option then i just take this option.
For me, i need to do rct urgently because the swollen gum really bothering me for few months, so i don't mind with few hundred bucks different as long as the dentist can do the the job. I just don't like chain dentist that always have different dentist for each visit.

If u read earlier posts, I had similar case with someone. Long story short, it happened after my filling in April. Pain when release biting on food. Dentist said it is cracked tooth and rec me see endo but endo not able to determine how deep cis crack but pulp ok. Anyway 2 options. 1. Do crowning First and if still pain then cfm rct and crowning again. 2. Do rct then crowning. Don’t wish to make my molar “dead” yet so rather pay more to take risk.

I read a lot online and came to know same day crowning is cerec.
 

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
19,026
Reaction score
3,672
If u read earlier posts, I had similar case with someone. Long story short, it happened after my filling in April. Pain when release biting on food. Dentist said it is cracked tooth and rec me see endo but endo not able to determine how deep cis crack but pulp ok. Anyway 2 options. 1. Do crowning First and if still pain then cfm rct and crowning again. 2. Do rct then crowning. Don’t wish to make my molar “dead” yet so rather pay more to take risk.

I read a lot online and came to know same day crowning is cerec.
Difficult choice then. If i'm in your shoes will choose option 2 rather than risk it to do 2 times crowning.

Just curious for option 1, how does the crown attach to your existing tooth? I thought usually they will insert short metal stub, so have to shave off the existing tooth.
 

ladadee

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
985
Reaction score
39
Well, i knew that i will require rct+crown because i went to other dentist at jb before cny time when my gum started to have some tender+swollen.

Initially went to JB dentist before cny, the dentist there recommend me to do rct+crown because there is some infection on the gum (swollen a bit, i also feel it when i touch my gum). But, this dentist refer me to endo specialist because he don't dare to do rct for molar.
I made appointment for this endo at JB after CNY, but his appointment only available on april. Then ** takes place, cannot go jb.

I struggle for few months but my gum keep swollen on and off. so i decided to find dentist here. i went tlc because my friend did his wisdom teeth surgery + bracing. Then i read review looks ok. So i decided on my first visit to do rct there, because the price also quite reasonable when i ask through phone call. When i check other dentist the price different is around +/- 200, so i'm ok with that. When I total all in is about 2100 include gst (rct+x-ray+antibiotic+crown).

My experience is quite good because he took his time to clean the nerve during rct and adjust the crown. No rush.

Actually why you want to cerec crown? I don't even know this cerec until i go for the crowning time. Because i ok with normal porcelain fuse metal but since he don't have this option then i just take this option.
For me, i need to do rct urgently because the swollen gum really bothering me for few months, so i don't mind with few hundred bucks different as long as the dentist can do the the job. I just don't like chain dentist that always have different dentist for each visit.



for CEREC, i noticed most of them are town clinics. very seldom i see cerec in neighborhood area..

my guess is.. medical tourism is one.. rich tourists come for dental treatment, one day crown suits them better.. secondly.. neighborhood ppl like myself will rather wait 1 week than pay extra $200-$400 for cerec:o

and to add on, dr co from tlc got good workmanship, he did a few of my fillings many many years back, they are still holding well! his price might be slightly higher but reasonable for town clinic.

i also dont like chain clinics, a few bad experiences is good enough. that's why i always intro my friends to

dr co from tlc (if you can claim from company or insurance)
dr wong from trust dental (if you are using your own money or you need dental implants)
dr sim from simply endo (he is your last chance at saving your tooth)

:s12:
 

Cereal

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
304
Reaction score
4
Difficult choice then. If i'm in your shoes will choose option 2 rather than risk it to do 2 times crowning.

Just curious for option 1, how does the crown attach to your existing tooth? I thought usually they will insert short metal stub, so have to shave off the existing tooth.

So far I know is they will shave off abit of tooth and put dental adhesive to cap the crown onto the tooth lo.
 

Urbanchap

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2017
Messages
1,856
Reaction score
216
dr co from tlc (if you can claim from company or insurance)
dr wong from trust dental (if you are using your own money or you need dental implants)
dr sim from simply endo (he is your last chance at saving your tooth)

:s12:

So how much does Simply Endo charge for RCT?

I called Endodontics Inc (where I did my RCT many years ago) and now its about 1200-1300. Still looking whether got others jeep & guud :(

Anyway, there's a listing for Society of Endodontists here

http://www.endodontics.org.sg/endodontistsguide.php

Quite surprised that its such a short list :o

Prefer to get mine done by specialist cos dun know whether can trust general dentist to refer to specialist for complex job :(:(
 

lightning2014

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2014
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
So how much does Simply Endo charge for RCT?

I called Endodontics Inc (where I did my RCT many years ago) and now its about 1200-1300. Still looking whether got others jeep & guud :(

Anyway, there's a listing for Society of Endodontists here

http://www.endodontics.org.sg/endodontistsguide.php

Quite surprised that its such a short list :o

Prefer to get mine done by specialist cos dun know whether can trust general dentist to refer to specialist for complex job :(:(
I did my RCT in one of the specialist above. Need to look for crowning (upper molar). Any recommendation please?
 

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2001
Messages
12,650
Reaction score
3,059
Got a cracked tooth myself and experiencing pain when biting. Not sure if should go for crowning ($788-1000) or Endo root canal ($1150).. anyone got experience to shAre .. pls tell me moree...
I suggest get implant.
been thru done that.
crown doesn’t last and root canal too.
 

twinbaby

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2014
Messages
5,462
Reaction score
1,530
don't bother with root canal, did one 5 years later tooth got infect and had to do implant instead. why keep a tooth when it is dead
 

mirkoccp87

Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2016
Messages
119
Reaction score
9
sometime you need the tooth to be there for the person to be able to eat / keep the opposing tooth in position. and you cant anyways implant on the first visit. sometimes root canals can last 10 years or forever. who know?
 

Melody2205

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
My ex boss did implant. She regretted. She said when we age, our gums weaken, the implants will loosen. She advised me not to do implant. *shrugs*
 

twinbaby

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2014
Messages
5,462
Reaction score
1,530
I just did a metal implant for one of my cracked teeth.
It was by one of the dentist who committed an offence before after I googled the name on the reciept.
Surprisingly the dentist skills are quite good and friendly.
 

Unic0rn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
27,463
Reaction score
8,607
I did RC at orchard private clinic was $1,800 then crowning is by dentist for another $950 for metal crown and the mouth guard is $350.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top