Root canal and Crowning sharing...

hotsnowi

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
1,221
Reaction score
254
for molar crowning, which is better? Zirconia or porcelain, I read on websites , Zirconia is better but I asked around, many do ceramic / porcelain
 

razorlala

Banned
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
3,978
for molar crowning, which is better? Zirconia or porcelain, I read on websites , Zirconia is better but I asked around, many do ceramic / porcelain
zirconia is obviously better lol.
 
Last edited:

articland05

Honorary Member
Joined
May 2, 2015
Messages
121,081
Reaction score
41,979
wow didnt know got such informative thread lurk in hardwarezone. I'm experiencing dull pain in tooth when biting but quickly subsided after release the biting pressure but otherwise no pain at all. is that cracked tooth?

i mention before to my dentist but she cannot confirm if my tooth is cracked because if hairline crack hard to detect i think. did xray as well and confirm my tooth not decay or cavity.

so seeing the options here seems like do crowning can keep tooth alive and RC will kill the tooth which is bad? is my interpretation correct?
 

razorlala

Banned
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
3,978
wow didnt know got such informative thread lurk in hardwarezone. I'm experiencing dull pain in tooth when biting but quickly subsided after release the biting pressure but otherwise no pain at all. is that cracked tooth?

i mention before to my dentist but she cannot confirm if my tooth is cracked because if hairline crack hard to detect i think. did xray as well and confirm my tooth not decay or cavity.

so seeing the options here seems like do crowning can keep tooth alive and RC will kill the tooth which is bad? is my interpretation correct?
Crowning is if you have too many fillings or anything that affects the structural integrity of your tooth, then do crowning.
Root canal is to kill your tooth. Once nerve all out, pain no more.
Toothpain can be the starting of death. Maybe months or yrs later then teeth slowly die
 

hotsnowi

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
1,221
Reaction score
254
The dentist told mehe can't see how deep my tooth crack, he recommended me endodontist at The Endodontic Office at paragon
Cost of the Endodontic Office not cheap.
Anyone can recommend another Endodontist?

He say if he do now later if he see the crack too deep then have to remove straight.
I wished to save the tooth. I not sure whether if the tooth can be save or not
 

razorlala

Banned
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
3,978
The dentist told mehe can't see how deep my tooth crack, he recommended me endodontist at The Endodontic Office at paragon
Cost of the Endodontic Office not cheap.
Anyone can recommend another Endodontist?

He say if he do now later if he see the crack too deep then have to remove straight.
I wished to save the tooth. I not sure whether if the tooth can be save or not
Xray and exam along afew hundred ba
 

hotsnowi

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
1,221
Reaction score
254
The dentist told mehe can't see how deep my tooth crack, he recommended me endodontist at The Endodontic Office at paragon
Cost of the Endodontic Office not cheap.
Anyone can recommend another Endodontist?

He say if he do now later if he see the crack too deep then have to remove straight.
I wished to save the tooth. I not sure whether if the tooth can be save or not
I went to the Endodontic Office , the Dentist is really sincere, not pushy, patient as well to explain to me.
The so called investigation is basically the first step of RC, from there the n he can tell to remove or continue RC.
But based on X-ray, he thinks the crack on my tooth should not be that bad. He deduced it is more of my cavity of tooth that is casing me pain. so should be able to RC than implant. however he did say cracked tooth has lower % of longer life span (about 80%) as compared to non-cracked tooth which is 90-95%

His quote is 1500, procedure for RC s 2x, each 45 min. I still deciding cos his quote is kinda high..... while I think I may have to go for Endodntist for RC, I do not want to go back to my dentist again for crowning. my dentist B9.

Can I do my RC with endodontist but go do crowning at another dentist ( not go back to the referred one?)

I see here recommend Dr. Wong from Trust Dental. feel like going there. or do I have to go to Dr. Wong first and get referred again?
 

razorlala

Banned
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
3,978
I went to the Endodontic Office , the Dentist is really sincere, not pushy, patient as well to explain to me.
The so called investigation is basically the first step of RC, from there the n he can tell to remove or continue RC.
But based on X-ray, he thinks the crack on my tooth should not be that bad. He deduced it is more of my cavity of tooth that is casing me pain. so should be able to RC than implant. however he did say cracked tooth has lower % of longer life span (about 80%) as compared to non-cracked tooth which is 90-95%

His quote is 1500, procedure for RC s 2x, each 45 min. I still deciding cos his quote is kinda high..... while I think I may have to go for Endodntist for RC, I do not want to go back to my dentist again for crowning. my dentist B9.

Can I do my RC with endodontist but go do crowning at another dentist ( not go back to the referred one?)

I see here recommend Dr. Wong from Trust Dental. feel like going there. or do I have to go to Dr. Wong first and get referred again?
make appt with ur gp dentist. then go for ur endo, ask him to give u referral.

some dental, like wheelock that simply endo, dont do crowning 1. they refer you back for ur gp to do crowning.
 

hotsnowi

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
1,221
Reaction score
254
make appt with ur gp dentist. then go for ur endo, ask him to give u referral.

some dental, like wheelock that simply endo, dont do crowning 1. they refer you back for ur gp to do crowning.
Thanks.
I did called up Simply Endodontics.
They only do referral. so cant do there.

Think i will just stick to my Endo first . Then I will look around for someone to do crowning.
 

razorlala

Banned
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
3,978
Thanks.
I did called up Simply Endodontics.
They only do referral. so cant do there.

Think i will just stick to my Endo first . Then I will look around for someone to do crowning.
ask your original dentist who spotted the crack to refer to simply endo lor.

if u want to stick to ur endo, ask him if okay to do crowning somewhere else lor.
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,320
Reaction score
11,767
wow didnt know got such informative thread lurk in hardwarezone. I'm experiencing dull pain in tooth when biting but quickly subsided after release the biting pressure but otherwise no pain at all. is that cracked tooth?

i mention before to my dentist but she cannot confirm if my tooth is cracked because if hairline crack hard to detect i think. did xray as well and confirm my tooth not decay or cavity.

so seeing the options here seems like do crowning can keep tooth alive and RC will kill the tooth which is bad? is my interpretation correct?
Bro you settled already?
 

articland05

Honorary Member
Joined
May 2, 2015
Messages
121,081
Reaction score
41,979
Bro you settled already?
hey bro!! my tooth ownself recover liao...dunno what happen also. sibei heng.
but now I chg my toothpaste to colgate sensitive series and always leave some toothpaste on my tooth after brushing. maybe it helps in healing...
 

CrissXCut

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2023
Messages
24
Reaction score
6
I have a hairline crack in my wisdom tooth. It might be due to tooth grinding during sleep and biting on hard stuffs.

Done a x-ray and luckily there is no infection found hence there is no need to do any root canal.

In the end I have done crowning on the tooth to protect the cracked tooth from any further damage. There's no issues now; So far so good.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top