- Joined
- Mar 22, 2011
- Messages
- 45,399
- Reaction score
- 18,593
I bought my current gaming desktop PC second-hand from Carousell back in 2021.
MSI MAG B550M Mortar WiFi (MS-7C94)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
16GB DDR4 RAM (2 × 8GB)
512GB SSD
1TB HDD
I later upgraded it by purchasing a Radeon RX 6600 XT separately. A few weeks ago, I happened to come across this thread. Coincidentally, my PC and my MacBook Pro, both broke down at around the same time.
After a week of trying to diagnose the issue, and with help from Google Gemini, I found out that my HDD was completely cooked. As soon as I unplugged it, my PC started up without any problems.
It seems the constant Windows updates, along with all the caching and background disk activity over the years, have taken a toll on my HDD, causing it to fail and become corrupted. According to Google Gemini, my HDD was "choking" from the sheer amount of read and write.
So, currently, living with my desktop PC without an HDD. Wondering if anyone here can let me know, how can i manually retrieve my files in my HDD? Gemini told me to to get a USB cable, remove the hard disk from my desktop, and connect it to my computer via USB cable? Thanks
**thanks to this thread, almost got toxicated to upgrade to 9060XT
MSI MAG B550M Mortar WiFi (MS-7C94)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
16GB DDR4 RAM (2 × 8GB)
512GB SSD
1TB HDD
I later upgraded it by purchasing a Radeon RX 6600 XT separately. A few weeks ago, I happened to come across this thread. Coincidentally, my PC and my MacBook Pro, both broke down at around the same time.
After a week of trying to diagnose the issue, and with help from Google Gemini, I found out that my HDD was completely cooked. As soon as I unplugged it, my PC started up without any problems.
It seems the constant Windows updates, along with all the caching and background disk activity over the years, have taken a toll on my HDD, causing it to fail and become corrupted. According to Google Gemini, my HDD was "choking" from the sheer amount of read and write.
So, currently, living with my desktop PC without an HDD. Wondering if anyone here can let me know, how can i manually retrieve my files in my HDD? Gemini told me to to get a USB cable, remove the hard disk from my desktop, and connect it to my computer via USB cable? Thanks
**thanks to this thread, almost got toxicated to upgrade to 9060XT
Last edited:


