Samsung Galaxy Fold

SEI1987

Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Messages
308
Reaction score
59
I read from Sammobile that in Korea it was an online exclusive. Maybe, just maybe, email to order online goes out, customer makes order online, collect at Vivo.


Hopefully got some sort of email. I'm also hoping the articles about Samsung shipping alot more than expected is true as well. Will wait at vivo again tomorrow see how

Edit: saw on the reddit galaxy fold section they are getting calls already and store said they got alot more folds than they expected
 

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
5,911
Reaction score
7
CCB nobody call me leh

Now what time leow....all went home lah

😠
Its a confirm walk-in...very sad
18 is just a presales with SG 19th (europe is 18th) for a intl launch
Tmr just go to vivo (either for starhub or ses)
M1 will be paragon
 

technolust

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
7,044
Reaction score
323
Seriously if this is just an exercise by Sammy to gauge market interest , then it's extremely badly done. I was at vivo for the molestation sessions and when I asked them when they will announce the selected ones , they couldn't give a date . Suah lah. They hang up to sell then just don't buy lor. And bend them for future preorders. :mad:
You simply do not treat your customers like this

Its a confirm walk-in...very sad
18 is just a presales with SG 19th (europe is 18th) for a intl launch
Tmr just go to vivo (either for starhub or ses)
M1 will be paragon
 

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
5,911
Reaction score
7
Seriously if this is just an exercise by Sammy to gauge market interest , then it's extremely badly done. I was at vivo for the molestation sessions and when I asked them when they will announce the selected ones , they couldn't give a date . Suah lah. They hang up to sell then just don't buy lor. And bend them for future preorders. :mad:
You simply do not treat your customers like this


Would agree that round is badly done.
 

SEI1987

Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Messages
308
Reaction score
59
Startel I'm not allowed to pm yet. They told me the same thing. No walk ins accepted but either way I will be there tomorrow at about 10 am
 

Glariel

Banned
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
26,710
Reaction score
2,030
Maybe not enough stock bah

Seriously if this is just an exercise by Sammy to gauge market interest , then it's extremely badly done. I was at vivo for the molestation sessions and when I asked them when they will announce the selected ones , they couldn't give a date . Suah lah. They hang up to sell then just don't buy lor. And bend them for future preorders. :mad:
You simply do not treat your customers like this
 

Apparatus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
58,290
Reaction score
13,846
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/info/galaxyfold

Singtel contract plan released liao...available at comcentre from 18 Sep.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

I alreday got a Combo 3 Plan recently when I purchased the Note 10+. No more plan for me. I believe one can buy at SAMSUNG Experience Store and pay the full price....at Vivo City

I'm actually seriously weighing whether to buy or not since S11 will be out with the new SD865 (or Exynos equivalent) and newer features. This Fold is like old tech now and I believe the SD855 is nowhere faster than my Kirin 980 (HW Mate 20X)

In another 2 months time HW will release its Mate X with the Kirin 990. A newer tech comparable or maybe even better than the SD865 (or Exynos equivalent)
 
Last edited:

kirium76

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2005
Messages
671
Reaction score
0
I alreday got a Combo 3 Plan recently when I purchased the Note 10+. No more plan for me. I believe one can buy at SAMSUNG Experience Store and pay the full price....at Vivo City

I'm actually seriously weighing whether to buy or not since S11 will be out with the new SD865 (or Exynos equivalent) and newer features. This Fold is like old tech now and I believe the SD855 is nowhere faster than my Kirin 980 (HW Mate 20X)

In another 2 months time HW will release its Mate X with the Kirin 990. A newer tech comparable or maybe even better than the SD865 (or Exynos equivalent)
Agree that the tech may not be that new and saw the news that they are working on 2nd gen fold already. Personally I would prefer the Mate X more than fold. But without google apps and support is such a waste... the M30 pro looks quite chio also. Keke.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT
 

colin27

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
793
Reaction score
86
Bros who play with phones will still get. But some with contracts may be waiting it out for the iPhones to flip. So I hope no queues at the telco for this Fold.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT
 

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
5,911
Reaction score
7
I alreday got a Combo 3 Plan recently when I purchased the Note 10+. No more plan for me. I believe one can buy at SAMSUNG Experience Store and pay the full price....at Vivo City

I'm actually seriously weighing whether to buy or not since S11 will be out with the new SD865 (or Exynos equivalent) and newer features. This Fold is like old tech now and I believe the SD855 is nowhere faster than my Kirin 980 (HW Mate 20X)

In another 2 months time HW will release its Mate X with the Kirin 990. A newer tech comparable or maybe even better than the SD865 (or Exynos equivalent)
Based on my exp with Sd855 (1+7pro) and sd855+ (rog 2), they are very efficent on battery...minimum equal(kirin 980) if not better as this decices are running higher refresh.

Mate X will be launch oct/nov.it was then reported to be more exp than Fold. The release will be mainly focus in China (for the 5g wave). Do not think will be available in mass marketbwith now google svc is out (though could side load)
If u had touchnfold, cant help to wonder how strong the screen will be (plastic facing outside...prone to pressure and scratches)

On S11, as we aee not in US, it will be the Exynos. Was using s10+ and batt is terrible.

Not jutifying my soon to pay Fold, its nornal tech cycle will never be good
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top