Samsung Galaxy note 2 tips & tricks plus issues.

theanser

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
hi all,

anyway to show my SMS notifications on my lockscreen and not my status bar? something like popup on the lockscreen?

Thanks !
 

Chevalier

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
5,031
Reaction score
883
hi all,

anyway to show my SMS notifications on my lockscreen and not my status bar? something like popup on the lockscreen?

Thanks !

from what i know the default lockscreen will show when a new message comes in but it will not show the contents.
 

way_landr

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
878
Reaction score
10
did a search but cant find anything on this, is there anyway to use the phone as a usb storage? the mtp option is really too slow. I read somewhere that this option has been removed since ICS, is that correct? or samsung itchy hands took it out themselves? Coz i was using HTC one x and this option was there all along.

Thanks for the help!
 

stevejobs

Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
272
Reaction score
0
My note 2 charger is hissing like a snake when charging. Anyone else have this problem?

It's actually a hidden feature, also known as "Snake charging".
To disable, simply unplug the cable. To enable, plug it in again.
Cool right?
 

kdavis

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Any bros out here got problems with the lock screen? Recently I realise once awhile my lock screen will have white lines appearing across the screen when I charge or like press the volume button when the phone is locked.


TIA
 

quekghi

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
2,239
Reaction score
0
My note 2 charger is hissing like a snake when charging. Anyone else have this problem?

bring back to service centre for testing? could be current issues.

It's actually a hidden feature, also known as "Snake charging".
To disable, simply unplug the cable. To enable, plug it in again.
Cool right?

stevejobs indeed..
 

kdavis

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Can!

Just need to download Flash player. Take note that Flash is no longer available in Play Store. You have to google "archived flash
player" and look for the Android Version 4.0.

I Just downloaded flash Player the latest Version of version 4 but I stream az drama still cannot leh. Can play but the screen play f up leh. Got sound but cannot watch lo. How
 

albertchng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
13,386
Reaction score
16
I Just downloaded flash Player the latest Version of version 4 but I stream az drama still cannot leh. Can play but the screen play f up leh. Got sound but cannot watch lo. How

Like this?



Latest version of flash player cannot work, must be version 11.1.115.20, download it as a apk file, transfer to main download folder in your n2 and use a appinstaller to install it.
 
Last edited:

Chester_Meister

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2012
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
I Just downloaded flash Player the latest Version of version 4 but I stream az drama still cannot leh. Can play but the screen play f up leh. Got sound but cannot watch lo. How
Which website are you accessing?

I don;t seem to have problem running websites that require flash.
 

turb0boy

Junior Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

Anyone here have any problem with Media volume? If I mute the device or switch it to vibration mode.. I cant get the media volume control to work again. Even if i switch to sound mode.. I tried going onto music player or video player and up the volume by pressing the volume button but it didnt work.. The only way to get the media volume back again is to go into a full screen game and press the volume button.. Anyone have the same problem as me?

Please advice.. Thanks
 

Refugees

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
1,882
Reaction score
0
Anyone ever encountered the ,!? symbol popup not popping up in Swiftkey kb?

Also the default kb in default SMS app sometimes also won't show up.

Anyone encountered it before?
 

evermind

Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
221
Reaction score
0
Anyone ever encountered the ,!? symbol popup not popping up in Swiftkey kb?

Also the default kb in default SMS app sometimes also won't show up.

Anyone encountered it before?

for me the pop up comes if i press and hold on to the button. otherwise it doesn't. one other problem is that the keyboard doesn't automatically close when i go out of the sms app.
 

albertchng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
13,386
Reaction score
16
Hi guys,

Anyone here have any problem with Media volume? If I mute the device or switch it to vibration mode.. I cant get the media volume control to work again. Even if i switch to sound mode.. I tried going onto music player or video player and up the volume by pressing the volume button but it didnt work.. The only way to get the media volume back again is to go into a full screen game and press the volume button.. Anyone have the same problem as me?

Please advice.. Thanks

Just tested on my n2, no such problem as what you described.
 

albertchng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
13,386
Reaction score
16
Anyone ever encountered the ,!? symbol popup not popping up in Swiftkey kb?

Also the default kb in default SMS app sometimes also won't show up.

Anyone encountered it before?

Press and hold will show the 4 symbols for selection; quick press will not show.
 

Refugees

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
1,882
Reaction score
0
for me the pop up comes if i press and hold on to the button. otherwise it doesn't. one other problem is that the keyboard doesn't automatically close when i go out of the sms app.

Press and hold will show the 4 symbols for selection; quick press will not show.

Yes I know. What I meant was even after I did a long press the selection did not popup. Got to exit the app before it appears again.

However during any instance where the popup did not appear, I could still select the ? by sliding it to the far right "invisibly".
 

Raffles88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2003
Messages
10,339
Reaction score
74
Like this?



Latest version of flash player cannot work, must be version 11.1.115.20, download it as a apk file, transfer to main download folder in your n2 and use a appinstaller to install it.

11.1.115 27 can work for note2?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top