Samsung galaxy note jelly bean

masterstroller

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2011
Messages
788
Reaction score
0

masterstroller

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2011
Messages
788
Reaction score
0
Dang another (minor?) problem.. sdcard location is moved from /sdcard/external_sd to /storage/extSdCard..
 

cleverwhale

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
received OTA notification to download last evening .... downloaded but there were errors, can't upgrade.

Went thru Kies, downloaded the upgrade but low battery message popped out, terminated the upgrade. BUT my battery was 100% charged.

???:(
 

Modd-36

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
5,180
Reaction score
60
Dang another (minor?) problem.. sdcard location is moved from /sdcard/external_sd to /storage/extSdCard..

What I see is 2 folders which is kinda linked together

/storage/sdcard0
/storage/extSdCard


By the way, about the Google Magazines, after I have "uninstalled updates", I dont see the app anymore. Does this mean it is disabled?
 

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
15,165
Reaction score
2,876
What I see is 2 folders which is kinda linked together

/storage/sdcard0
/storage/extSdCard


By the way, about the Google Magazines, after I have "uninstalled updates", I dont see the app anymore. Does this mean it is disabled?

think so.. uninstall updates = uninstall... imo
 

masterstroller

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2011
Messages
788
Reaction score
0
What I see is 2 folders which is kinda linked together

/storage/sdcard0
/storage/extSdCard


By the way, about the Google Magazines, after I have "uninstalled updates", I dont see the app anymore. Does this mean it is disabled?

..not yet.. it goes from downloaded to all. Got to go to all and disable it.
 

Wzierbovsky

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
9,345
Reaction score
21
Just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Note (Singtel). IMO, while animation seems somewhat more butterish, the phone on the overall also feels more sluggish. From homescreen just trying to start up applications takes noticeably longer than before. Bringing up an old note in the S Memo use to be almost immediate. Now at S Note it takes 1-2 seconds. Even daily use apps like Handcent feels just sluggish.
 

palmy999

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
198
Reaction score
1
Just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Note (Singtel). IMO, while animation seems somewhat more butterish, the phone on the overall also feels more sluggish. From homescreen just trying to start up applications takes noticeably longer than before. Bringing up an old note in the S Memo use to be almost immediate. Now at S Note it takes 1-2 seconds. Even daily use apps like Handcent feels just sluggish.

Agree. Even going from camera to gallery can feel the lag. Wish I could disable those fancy transition effects.
 

palmy999

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
198
Reaction score
1
Flashed JB and restored apps last night, charged 100% this morning. Played until phone left with 50% by lunch, charged again with BBS activated after lunch and here's my batt status:

 

lawlaw77

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2013
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
As I read from Samsung Mobile Singapore, A factory reset is needed after updated SG JB.
 

bobaccord

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
1
Sluggish after updated JB

As I read from Samsung Mobile Singapore, A factory reset is needed after updated SG JB.

Hi

I find my NOTE 1 rather sluggish too after OTA JB update. Battery is fine but the sluggish is too pronounced.
If we do a factory reset, does it mean that we will lose all our files (pictures, docs)?
Are you able to hyperlink this article that you have read? I can't seem to find it.
THANKS
Rgds
Bob
 

lawlaw77

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2013
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
By Samsung Mobile Singapore
The Jelly Bean update, DXLSE for GALAXY Note, has been progressively released via OTA, Kies and Customer Service Centre at Marina Square and Jurong Point. Do remember to back up your data and do a factory reset after the update. Call our customer service experts at 1800-SAMSUNG (7267864) if you need any help.


I cant copy the link due to insufficient post :(

Mine was slow at first too. Not sure if apps are rebuilding some cache or JB issue. I've turned on my Force GPU rendering in Developer Options and see how it goes next few days..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top