Samsung Note 10/10+ Accessories Thread

shanz80

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2019
Messages
2,284
Reaction score
136
I see, thanks for the replies. I am planning to get whitestone SP or something similar

Use the default first lor.

Becos also dunno those Whitestone SP is it fingerprint sensor sensitive anot.

If that doesn't concern you, then just buy lor. Hahahha
 

Tony.Manero

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2019
Messages
113,097
Reaction score
37,732
I see, thanks for the replies. I am planning to get whitestone SP or something similar

I'm still using the default sp. It's good enough if you don't care about the micro scratches. Even if you use glass it scratches too.
 

midlusionz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
1,886
Reaction score
24
Lol ya, thats the plan. even more, the sensor is not like S9+ its on the screen lol. Anyone got the photo of how the default SP looks like on the phone LOL, sorry if its abit too much to ask for
 

shanz80

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2019
Messages
2,284
Reaction score
136
Lol ya, thats the plan. even more, the sensor is not like S9+ its on the screen lol. Anyone got the photo of how the default SP looks like on the phone LOL, sorry if its abit too much to ask for

Nthg to see la. Just like normal sp la. Looked as thou it's not there. Hahhahahaha
 

MasK

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,772
Reaction score
243
I'd recommend Zeelot for full screen coverage. Whitestone doesn't cover the punch hole, and leaves a gap above the punch hole. Any cracks or scratches there won't be protected. Personally I'm using Zeelot. No cracks so far.

I'm wondering, as far as FP sensitivity is concerned, which is better? Whitestone or Zeelot?
I plan to go MiniSQ one of these days to get it up.
Also, how is the oleophobic coating on the Zeelot? I read somewhere it's not as good as the Whitestone.

Cheers.
 

MasK

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,772
Reaction score
243
Yes absolutely! Even my Note 10+ with Android 10 seems faster even with my Whitestone on. Make sure you set increase touch sensitivity in settings as that is what Whitestone recommends as well. Very happy with it untill today with great oleophobic on the Whitestone as well! :D

I just got the whitestone applied at miniSQ last night and I have some questions:

1) Is the application supposed to be the one where you mask out the FP area before UV curing, then applying pressure on the FP sensor as you cure that area last? - miniSQ didn't do that and they said the new batches of Whitestone do not require this procedure

2) Do I have to wait a couple of days after application for the whole thing to settle before the FP scanner becomes decently usable? Does it get better over time?

So I think by now you know that things aren't going too well for me.
The FP scanner is very inaccurate, getting it right about 1 out of 5 tries. I have turned on the screen sensitivity and have registered the FP many times. Registering itself is pretty slow and I have to press my thumb down pretty hard.

Not sure if the 60bux spent is worthwhile right now. If I knew it is a standard installation, I could have saved a trip and 10bux and done it myself.
Appreciate if you guys have the answer to my queries and hopefully it gets better.. :o

Cheers.
 

midlusionz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
1,886
Reaction score
24
I just got the whitestone applied at miniSQ last night and I have some questions:

1) Is the application supposed to be the one where you mask out the FP area before UV curing, then applying pressure on the FP sensor as you cure that area last? - miniSQ didn't do that and they said the new batches of Whitestone do not require this procedure

2) Do I have to wait a couple of days after application for the whole thing to settle before the FP scanner becomes decently usable? Does it get better over time?

So I think by now you know that things aren't going too well for me.
The FP scanner is very inaccurate, getting it right about 1 out of 5 tries. I have turned on the screen sensitivity and have registered the FP many times. Registering itself is pretty slow and I have to press my thumb down pretty hard.

Not sure if the 60bux spent is worthwhile right now. If I knew it is a standard installation, I could have saved a trip and 10bux and done it myself.
Appreciate if you guys have the answer to my queries and hopefully it gets better.. :o

Cheers.
wah GG, FP not senstive
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,342
Reaction score
1,491
I just got the whitestone applied at miniSQ last night and I have some questions:

1) Is the application supposed to be the one where you mask out the FP area before UV curing, then applying pressure on the FP sensor as you cure that area last? - miniSQ didn't do that and they said the new batches of Whitestone do not require this procedure

2) Do I have to wait a couple of days after application for the whole thing to settle before the FP scanner becomes decently usable? Does it get better over time?

So I think by now you know that things aren't going too well for me.
The FP scanner is very inaccurate, getting it right about 1 out of 5 tries. I have turned on the screen sensitivity and have registered the FP many times. Registering itself is pretty slow and I have to press my thumb down pretty hard.

Not sure if the 60bux spent is worthwhile right now. If I knew it is a standard installation, I could have saved a trip and 10bux and done it myself.
Appreciate if you guys have the answer to my queries and hopefully it gets better.. :o

Cheers.

Give it a day or two and re-register after that. Much better.
MiniSq has never masked out the FP area during curing. The new batch of TG basically has a different glue from the earlier ones that had major issues.
I had no issues with my FP sensor even after installing though it does take abit longer to register. You do not need to use force in order to register the FP sensor. I would say use the phone for 2 days and try registering after that. If it does not work still, there is 2 possibilities :

1) Application may be botched. Though unlikely as I have done 3 times at MiniSq and all the times were okay. But you can go back and see what they can do.

2) Your fingerprints may possibly be an issue with the tempered glass. For most it would be okay but there is a small group where the FP just will not work properly with the TG.
 

Glariel

Banned
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
26,716
Reaction score
2,032
I just got the whitestone applied at miniSQ last night and I have some questions:

1) Is the application supposed to be the one where you mask out the FP area before UV curing, then applying pressure on the FP sensor as you cure that area last? - miniSQ didn't do that and they said the new batches of Whitestone do not require this procedure

2) Do I have to wait a couple of days after application for the whole thing to settle before the FP scanner becomes decently usable? Does it get better over time?

So I think by now you know that things aren't going too well for me.
The FP scanner is very inaccurate, getting it right about 1 out of 5 tries. I have turned on the screen sensitivity and have registered the FP many times. Registering itself is pretty slow and I have to press my thumb down pretty hard.

Not sure if the 60bux spent is worthwhile right now. If I knew it is a standard installation, I could have saved a trip and 10bux and done it myself.
Appreciate if you guys have the answer to my queries and hopefully it gets better.. :o

Cheers.

Glue not fully dried yet.
You are supposed to wait for 24 hours for fully curing.
That is what the shop person told me when I installed WSD for the first time.

After installation I did not put any case on and leave it at the box for 24 hrs, then slowly use cloth to clean all the residue on the side, and put case on.
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,342
Reaction score
1,491
Glue not fully dried yet.
You are supposed to wait for 24 hours for fully curing.
That is what the shop person told me when I installed WSD for the first time.

After installation I did not put any case on and leave it at the box for 24 hrs, then slowly use cloth to clean all the residue on the side, and put case on.

Yes exactly. Do not use a case and just use the phone normally. Do not even clean the sides up even with dried up glue. After 2 days, you can clean the sides up with an alcohol swab and I REPEAT, DO NOT USE FORCE WHEN CLEANING THE SIDES. Just swipe up and down gently to get rid of the excess dried up glue. You can then put the phone in the case and proceed to register your FPs. It should work as how it has for me all this time.
 

MasK

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,772
Reaction score
243
Glue not fully dried yet.
You are supposed to wait for 24 hours for fully curing.
That is what the shop person told me when I installed WSD for the first time.

After installation I did not put any case on and leave it at the box for 24 hrs, then slowly use cloth to clean all the residue on the side, and put case on.

Yes exactly. Do not use a case and just use the phone normally. Do not even clean the sides up even with dried up glue. After 2 days, you can clean the sides up with an alcohol swab and I REPEAT, DO NOT USE FORCE WHEN CLEANING THE SIDES. Just swipe up and down gently to get rid of the excess dried up glue. You can then put the phone in the case and proceed to register your FPs. It should work as how it has for me all this time.

Thanks guys for your replies and assurance.
Yes, I did think I should wait a couple of days and in my previous application on N9, I even managed to massage out tiny bubbles during the first 2 days!
I shall wait.. :)
 

midlusionz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
1,886
Reaction score
24
Thanks guys for your replies and assurance.
Yes, I did think I should wait a couple of days and in my previous application on N9, I even managed to massage out tiny bubbles during the first 2 days!
I shall wait.. :)

Do update us if its better pls ;)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top