Samsung Note 10/10+ Accessories Thread

shanz80

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2019
Messages
2,284
Reaction score
136
Ok guys.. just a update (don't hold your breath :s13: )

Since MiniSQ didn't call me back on Monday, I gave them a call on Tue. I was hoping to get closure as I will be in Novena on Wed. They were supposed to call me back on Wed, but I gave them a visit since I was near.

They gave me a 2 options:

1) Re-apply the same SP (only WSD can do this). If still fail, then they will open up a new pack for me

2) Remove SP, refund credits and purchase something else in shop

If I were to go with option 1, I can imagine being stuck in anxiety for much longer if things didn't work out again. I have a wait for a few days for the glue to settle and then assess it.

Although I did ask for a standard refund, but I realized that's too much to ask. I took option 2. Ended up getting an extra sammy wireless charger duo.

I've decided to go naked with only a dBrand skin. I've been using phones without SP since way before curved screens and I know my track record. I'll take the risk.

Oh and yea.. the FP scanner is as fast as capacitive sensors. A lot more tolerance for angled, sweaty, quick fingers. Pretty sure that's the way it's meant to work. The stock SP slows it down quite a fair bit too!

Anyways, I'm grateful to be given these choices from MiniSQ. They service and installation is good and they take the time to give you a flawless fit.
But honestly WSD is a hit-and-miss product.

Cheers.

pls handle ur phone w extra care now ah!!
 

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2001
Messages
5,113
Reaction score
47
They pasted for me very long
I dunno why
But good job
Pasted very nice
But the camera side different style from the original one
But i sold it off already
Now using ultra lor

Mine done within 30mins. Still the same punch hole for the camera cutout.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT
 

MasK

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,772
Reaction score
243
Mine done within 30mins. Still the same punch hole for the camera cutout.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

Darn...
10 bucks for the exact same stock SP? If I knew.. I probably wouldnt have gone for WSD. Just change it every 3-4mths and it'll look like new!
 

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2001
Messages
5,113
Reaction score
47
Darn...
10 bucks for the exact same stock SP? If I knew.. I probably wouldnt have gone for WSD. Just change it every 3-4mths and it'll look like new!
That's what I plan to do... �

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT
 

rubber33

Master Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
145
Guys, any recommendations for screen protector? Those hyrogel or tempted glass? I'm using the finger print to unlock the phone though.
 

rubber33

Master Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
145
On my previous S10, with the Ringke Dual Film SP, the FP scanner worked faster than on the stock film. I'll rate it from best to worst:

-Naked
-Ringke
-Stock film

Im still skeptical about applying a glass SP. The best way to fully experience the speed of the scanner is to go naked and I might just go that way soon.
And yea.. the Ringe feels good when new.. but scratches up pretty quick and has that rubbery feel when swiping..

For ringkit, you bought the normal one or with the wing wrap?
 

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
6,504
Reaction score
368
Has anyone come across a black, glossy TPU case anywhere? Maybe something like the stock case but in opaque black. Everywhere i look i can only find matt cases, which i feel are rather slippery.

I have tried and tested Spigen thin fit, liquid armour, rugged armor, all too slippery for me for the size of a note 10 plus. (previously S9+ the thin fit worked very well, i think they kind of changed the material? I remember it used to be pretty grippy right out of the box)
 

Tony.Manero

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2019
Messages
113,097
Reaction score
37,732


Check out this AmFilm. There is a weight that needs to be placed at the FP area during install.
So those guys putting pressure using a finger during UV curing probably makes sense. I feel is the WSD is installed this way, there might have been a better chance that the scanner works in an acceptable manner.

Any thoughts?

I had this. I didn't apply it correctly so the fp scanner didn't work properly. I should've put the weight at the fp area before the glue spreaded there. Someone doing it the right way can let us know if it works. I've now switched to using plastic film. Fp also not work flawlessly. Maybe it's my fingerprint not deep
 

rubber33

Master Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
145
Darn...
10 bucks for the exact same stock SP? If I knew.. I probably wouldnt have gone for WSD. Just change it every 3-4mths and it'll look like new!


So what sp are you using now? Thinking should get another set of ringke abs be more gentle when using s pen or just back service centre to get the original one.
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,857
Reaction score
1,462
Been an avid fan of Element Case since the days of iPhone.

Any users of Element Soul for Note 10 Plus here who care to comment? :)
 

zhix

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2001
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
57
大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127187743 said:
I am using whitestone dome for my note 10+

did u apply properly? got application technique to improve fingerprint reading

Hi, 大蛇丸 Orochimaru,

Your white stone is working properly with fingerprint? I got mine installed at mobile stop, authorised applicator.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top