Samsung Note 10/10+ Accessories Thread

ttmaxx

Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2019
Messages
256
Reaction score
1
Thanks guys for your replies and assurance.
Yes, I did think I should wait a couple of days and in my previous application on N9, I even managed to massage out tiny bubbles during the first 2 days!
I shall wait.. :)

Wait for a few more and usually this happens. :)
 

MasK

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,773
Reaction score
244
Do update us if its better pls ;)

It's been 5 days. Overall it did improve (most improvement within the first 1.5days or so). Then the improvement stopped.
Some times it works, some times it doesn't. At times takes 1 try, at times 6+ tries with me pressing hard onto the glass (mostly with anger). There's just too much inconsistencies, and it's been 5 days already. I've re-registered a hundred times and usually works great right after that and then gets moody.
Registering same finger on more slots didn't work either, and I really shouldn't have to. I really do need all 4 slots (why isn't there more?.. lol)

I did call up miniSQ to feedback and they will call their distro and get back to me on Monday.
I do like the SP.. I really do. But FP scanner not working is a major blow. I do think pressing down on the FP scanner during the UV curing process would have had been better (as I frequently read). Let see how it goes..
 
Last edited:

midlusionz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
1,886
Reaction score
24
It's been 5 days. Overall it did improve (most improvement within the first 1.5days or so). Then the improvement stopped.
Some times it works, some times it doesn't. At times takes 1 try, at times 6+ tries with me pressing hard onto the glass (mostly with anger). There's just too much inconsistencies, and it's been 5 days already. I've re-registered a hundred times and usually works great right after that and then gets moody.
Registering same finger on more slots didn't work either, and I really shouldn't have to. I really do need all 4 slots (why isn't there more?.. lol)

I did call up miniSQ to feedback and they will call their distro and get back to me on Monday.
I do like the SP.. I really do. But FP scanner not working is a major blow. I do think pressing down on the FP scanner during the UV curing process would have had been better (as I frequently read). Let see how it goes..

Thank you sir for updating. Let us know whats miniSQ feedback. Anyway can i know does the WSD SP cover the front camera? I was thinking of using face ID to unlock if FP fails
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,350
Reaction score
1,507
Sorry to hear it didn't go too well for you. Could just be your fingerprint just doesn't bode too well with the TG screen protector. Hope MiniSQ can do something for you or try another piece for you. Mine so far is behaving well with occasional hits and misses which is barely 2 or 3 times out of 10.
 

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2001
Messages
5,113
Reaction score
47
5w7AD3Al.jpg

bought this car charger, hope it can pps charge my note 10+.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT
 

cheekibreeki

Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2018
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Can give those cheap ones on carousell a try also, I got one for my previous note 10 before trading in(cover up minor scratches) for around 10 dollars only
 

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
23,222
Reaction score
10,191
I just got the whitestone applied at miniSQ last night and I have some questions:

1) Is the application supposed to be the one where you mask out the FP area before UV curing, then applying pressure on the FP sensor as you cure that area last? - miniSQ didn't do that and they said the new batches of Whitestone do not require this procedure

2) Do I have to wait a couple of days after application for the whole thing to settle before the FP scanner becomes decently usable? Does it get better over time?

So I think by now you know that things aren't going too well for me.
The FP scanner is very inaccurate, getting it right about 1 out of 5 tries. I have turned on the screen sensitivity and have registered the FP many times. Registering itself is pretty slow and I have to press my thumb down pretty hard.

Not sure if the 60bux spent is worthwhile right now. If I knew it is a standard installation, I could have saved a trip and 10bux and done it myself.
Appreciate if you guys have the answer to my queries and hopefully it gets better.. :o

Cheers.

i also applied WSD.

FP always fail when my fingers are dry.

nowadays also cannot lick ur thumb in the public lol due to wuhan virus

KNN :mad:

sibeh paiseh when i use samsung pay making purchase at counter especially there are many ppl queueing behind u.

the fugging fingerprint keep failing for both samsung pay and unlocking the phone when my fingers are dry. worse of all, it only happens when i am outside :s22:

there shud be no issues for ppl who has sweaty palms / fingers tho.

i removed it after applying for 2 weeks. cannot tahan liao.

i have tried a couple of film / PET screen protectors.

3 different kinds i bought, all cmi

2 of them will auto lift up when i am using a case ( i have a few cases by Spigen, Cyrill, original clear view and otterbox )

the last type (stock film from samsung) will get scratched easily when using the s-pen.

have wasted more than 200 bucks on screen protectors :s22:

as i am a careful person, i never drop my devices since GH388.

so now using the phone naked. as in bare lcd screen.

if suay suay tio scratches then i will consider to use the n10+ fully naked (without case)

i now using a case because my god-daughter may drop my phone accidentally

P.S. : how i wished they can go back to the days where fingerprint sensor is at the back of the phone.

then the phone will be perfect liao.
 
Last edited:

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2001
Messages
5,113
Reaction score
47
i also applied WSD.

FP always fail when my fingers are dry.

nowadays also cannot lick ur thumb in the public lol due to wuhan virus

KNN :mad:

sibeh paiseh when i use samsung pay making purchase at counter especially there are many ppl queueing behind u.

the fugging fingerprint keep failing for both samsung pay and unlocking the phone when my fingers are dry. worse of all, it only happens when i am outside :s22:

there shud be no issues for ppl who has sweaty palms / fingers tho.

i removed it after applying for 2 weeks. cannot tahan liao.

i have tried a couple of film / PET screen protectors.

3 different kinds i bought, all cmi

2 of them will auto lift up when i am using a case ( i have a few cases by Spigen, Cyrill, original clear view and otterbox )

the last type (stock film from samsung) will get scratched easily when using the s-pen.

have wasted more than 200 bucks on screen protectors :s22:

as i am a careful person, i never drop my devices since GH388.

so now using the phone naked. as in bare lcd screen.

if suay suay tio scratches then i will consider to use the n10+ fully naked (without case)

i now using a case because my god-daughter may drop my phone accidentally

P.S. : how i wished they can go back to the days where fingerprint sensor is at the back of the phone.

then the phone will be perfect liao.
The original one from factory is the best for me. I even got it replaced at Samsung Westgate for less than $10.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT
 

shanz80

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2019
Messages
2,284
Reaction score
136
The original one from factory is the best for me. I even got it replaced at Samsung Westgate for less than $10.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

oh! Can ah? just bring the phone good enuff?

i also wanna change leh
 
Last edited:

zhix

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2001
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
57
i'm getting really sick of the FP not working as well, have tried WS Dome and the Taobao SP but all doesn't work well .. am thinking of switching tpo Film/PET SP soon.
 

malaikai2005

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
1,632
Reaction score
7
The original one from factory is the best for me. I even got it replaced at Samsung Westgate for less than $10.

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

They pasted for me very long
I dunno why
But good job
Pasted very nice
But the camera side different style from the original one
But i sold it off already
Now using ultra lor
 

MasK

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,773
Reaction score
244
Ok guys.. just a update (don't hold your breath :s13: )

Since MiniSQ didn't call me back on Monday, I gave them a call on Tue. I was hoping to get closure as I will be in Novena on Wed. They were supposed to call me back on Wed, but I gave them a visit since I was near.

They gave me a 2 options:

1) Re-apply the same SP (only WSD can do this). If still fail, then they will open up a new pack for me

2) Remove SP, refund credits and purchase something else in shop

If I were to go with option 1, I can imagine being stuck in anxiety for much longer if things didn't work out again. I have a wait for a few days for the glue to settle and then assess it.

Although I did ask for a standard refund, but I realized that's too much to ask. I took option 2. Ended up getting an extra sammy wireless charger duo.

I've decided to go naked with only a dBrand skin. I've been using phones without SP since way before curved screens and I know my track record. I'll take the risk.

Oh and yea.. the FP scanner is as fast as capacitive sensors. A lot more tolerance for angled, sweaty, quick fingers. Pretty sure that's the way it's meant to work. The stock SP slows it down quite a fair bit too!

Anyways, I'm grateful to be given these choices from MiniSQ. They service and installation is good and they take the time to give you a flawless fit.
But honestly WSD is a hit-and-miss product.

Cheers.
 
Last edited:

MasK

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,773
Reaction score
244


Check out this AmFilm. There is a weight that needs to be placed at the FP area during install.
So those guys putting pressure using a finger during UV curing probably makes sense. I feel is the WSD is installed this way, there might have been a better chance that the scanner works in an acceptable manner.

Any thoughts?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top