Samsung Note 10/10+ Accessories Thread

aerolord

Master Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
4,663
Reaction score
89
Just hoot USB C to 3.5mm from Samsung. Sounds quality is good, loud and clear. Will listen more tonight
 

aerolord

Master Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
4,663
Reaction score
89
I'm really happy with it so far, will test with Note 9 headphone jack tonight and Fiio Btr3.
 

aerolord

Master Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
4,663
Reaction score
89
After spending some time the Samsung official Note 10 USB C to 3.5mm adaptor. Here are my quick impression:

I came from using Sony music player, that were good but it broke so I use mainly my Note 9 as my music player ever since.

I will only say Note 10 Plus was almost the perfect phone for me, less lacking the earphone jack. It was almost a deal breaker for me.

I bought Apple iPad USB C to 3.5mm and honestly is sounds like crap :s13:. It was soft and it somehow sound very muffled and I do not like it at all. Main point is that it is very soft (100% volume on iPhone adaptor is like 60% of note 9 volume). I almost bin it after 10mins, so pretty much I keep it in my cupboard after that.

Whilst the Samsung adaptor is still not in stock, I tried Fiio BTR3, a audio Bluetooth Receiver, probably the best in the market for what it is doing. But there is just so much a Bluetooth receiver can do (though it support LDAC). It sounds pretty good for what it is, but the constant fear of running out of battery really sian.

I was skeptical of Samsung Adaptor after using Apple Adaptor and it almost cost twice at SGD28.00. I was having a talk with the Samsung person and after my purchase I listen straight in the shop. The face I did was

0Ccwb.jpg


It was way louder than the Apple Adaptor, and even louder than my Note 9 at max volume. And honestly it sound pretty good and legit coming from a Phone and an adaptor. Colour me impressed.

I do like it more than all the options I wrote above. I probably will try iBasso DC02 when it comes to Singapore. I might also try Huawei or even Google adaptor when I come across them. But for now... I'm good. Real good.

But of course probably won't satisfy true Audiophile, you are better off using a dedicated DAP. I'm just a casual guy who enjoy good music with good quality so I am pretty satisfied with the Samsung official USB C to 3.5mm Adaptor.

If only this was given to me on the launch date, I would have save so much more money. Oh well, I went late so they gave finish all the cables.

P.S. The Samsung Adaptor enable all the sound options in the Samsung setting.
 
Last edited:

Tony.Manero

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2019
Messages
112,837
Reaction score
37,647
Those of you who applied white stone. How true is it that the glue will clog the speaker grilles :s11:

Sounds dangerous
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,604
Reaction score
1,137
Those of you who applied white stone. How true is it that the glue will clog the speaker grilles :s11:

Sounds dangerous

the risk is there....when you DIY...make sure to use tape to cover those hole and also put the sponge they gave for absorb extra glue...

i havent apply WSD this round...don't feel like getting it due to the front FP..
 

Tony.Manero

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2019
Messages
112,837
Reaction score
37,647
the risk is there....when you DIY...make sure to use tape to cover those hole and also put the sponge they gave for absorb extra glue...

i havent apply WSD this round...don't feel like getting it due to the front FP..

The factory installed is very high quality. I regret peeling mine off
 

ZechsYoun

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2018
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
After spending some time the Samsung official Note 10 USB C to 3.5mm adaptor. Here are my quick impression:

I came from using Sony music player, that were good but it broke so I use mainly my Note 9 as my music player ever since.

I will only say Note 10 Plus was almost the perfect phone for me, less lacking the earphone jack. It was almost a deal breaker for me.

I bought Apple iPad USB C to 3.5mm and honestly is sounds like crap :s13:. It was soft and it somehow sound very muffled and I do not like it at all. Main point is that it is very soft (100% volume on iPhone adaptor is like 60% of note 9 volume). I almost bin it after 10mins, so pretty much I keep it in my cupboard after that.

Whilst the Samsung adaptor is still not in stock, I tried Fiio BTR3, a audio Bluetooth Receiver, probably the best in the market for what it is doing. But there is just so much a Bluetooth receiver can do (though it support LDAC). It sounds pretty good for what it is, but the constant fear of running out of battery really sian.

I was skeptical of Samsung Adaptor after using Apple Adaptor and it almost cost twice at SGD28.00. I was having a talk with the Samsung person and after my purchase I listen straight in the shop. The face I did was

0Ccwb.jpg


It was way louder than the Apple Adaptor, and even louder than my Note 9 at max volume. And honestly it sound pretty good and legit coming from a Phone and an adaptor. Colour me impressed.

I do like it more than all the options I wrote above. I probably will try iBasso DC02 when it comes to Singapore. I might also try Huawei or even Google adaptor when I come across them. But for now... I'm good. Real good.

But of course probably won't satisfy true Audiophile, you are better off using a dedicated DAP. I'm just a casual guy who enjoy good music with good quality so I am pretty satisfied with the Samsung official USB C to 3.5mm Adaptor.

If only this was given to me on the launch date, I would have save so much more money. Oh well, I went late so they gave finish all the cables.

P.S. The Samsung Adaptor enable all the sound options in the Samsung setting.

Thank you for the review.

I'm an audiophile myself, so I'm still going with iem and dedicated player. But using two devices is rather troublesome at work. Will give the samsung adapter a try!
 

Tony.Manero

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2019
Messages
112,837
Reaction score
37,647
Looks good. I've ordered

I've bought and applied this. The clarity is awesome compared to those that uses a sticky tape at the finger print reader. And yes the finger print works although have to press slightly harder.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top