SCB SingPost/Spree Card

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Depends what you spend on and how much how often.

0.25% base rebate for all spend on citibank cash back card (dividend card rebranded), get additional 7.75% for dining, grab, petrol, uber eats, groceries if can meet min $888 monthly spend.

Oh, I didn't know they have change the terms. Is this the new T&C?

https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credit_cards/dividend-card.htm?icid=SGCCA57ENCCLNLNCD

I just checked. I get cashback of $70 from Citibank for payment made via the Citibank Dividend MasterCard for the last 4 mths.
 

259850

Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
48
There were multiple unauthorized Uber charges on my Singpost card over the weekend. Luckily I received an SMS alert from Stanchart; I called them back and they've blocked my card, and are sending a new Spree card over. I wonder if the new card will still be eligible for the old rebate rates until December 12 (as per their previous mailer) or whether I'm switched over to the new structure immediately. I probably won't bother to find out or even activate the new card. But I can't close the account now until they finish the fraud investigation and refund the charges - some have yet to post. It should be fairly straightforward - charges were made in multiple cities on the same day, all in Europe - while I was in Singapore.
 

259850

Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
48
Thanks for the news flash.

I seldom take Uber so I deleted all my credit cards registered with them .

I'm not sure if that will help. I had removed the Singpost card from my Uber account months ago. Just to be clear, unlike some other cases highlighted in media and forums, my Uber account does not appear to be hacked. All the phantom rides do not appear on my account. So it highly likely someone managed to get my credit card details from elsewhere - I've used it for other crossborder purchases. There's no way to find out.
 

Soul77

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2001
Messages
2,233
Reaction score
13
I'm not sure if that will help. I had removed the Singpost card from my Uber account months ago. Just to be clear, unlike some other cases highlighted in media and forums, my Uber account does not appear to be hacked. All the phantom rides do not appear on my account. So it highly likely someone managed to get my credit card details from elsewhere - I've used it for other crossborder purchases. There's no way to find out.

Did you use it with comgateway / borderlink? Last time my card leaked because of these website
 

259850

Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
48
Did you use it with comgateway / borderlink? Last time my card leaked because of these website

No I didn't. I used on many different online merchants, so no point speculating without evidence.

What I can say is that SCB's (or Visa's) fraud detection process alerted me via SMS in a timely manner. Unfortunately it was in the middle of the night, so I called them back only in the morning. SCB's CSO was very clear about the procedure to sort it out. The form is available online, and can be scanned and submitted via email. Let's see how long it takes them to reverse the charges. Hopefully before the next bill is due.
 

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7,436
Reaction score
721
still didn't receive any letter so i sent a secured message and they claim they still sending in batches till next week!

anyway sian, this is my last spending cycle. new t&cs start from 17 Nov for me.
 

Lucky_Farmer

Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2017
Messages
218
Reaction score
8
still didn't receive any letter so i sent a secured message and they claim they still sending in batches till next week!

anyway sian, this is my last spending cycle. new t&cs start from 17 Nov for me.

Guys, just to check. My billing cycle ends on 16 Nov. if I spend before 16 Nov (posting date before 16 Nov) - I am still under the old T&C and eligible for 7% rebate? I have not received any letter from scb!
 

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7,436
Reaction score
721
Guys, just to check. My billing cycle ends on 16 Nov. if I spend before 16 Nov (posting date before 16 Nov) - I am still under the old T&C and eligible for 7% rebate? I have not received any letter from scb!

Most likely but you better call or send them a message to confirm and your transaction has to be POSTED by 16 Nov, means you need to spend a few days before to be on the safe side.
 

Kixon9

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2016
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
still didn't receive any letter so i sent a secured message and they claim they still sending in batches till next week!

anyway sian, this is my last spending cycle. new t&cs start from 17 Nov for me.

My letter is also not here but I'd spent 857 nonetheless. My statement is on 12th.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
but boc family is rebate for online cap at $30 right?

Starting 18nov yes. May still be good depending on the amount of online spending you doing, can get 7% for dining and 5% on groceries/selected merchants also.
 
Last edited:

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 19, 2001
Messages
7,377
Reaction score
2,402
when your bill arrives DO NOT PAY the fruad portion. Tell them that you did not spend that portion. Of course they will ask you to pay first while they do the investigation.

Last time I did not pay. Finally I don't know how they settled but the Bank did not come after me.

No I didn't. I used on many different online merchants, so no point speculating without evidence.

What I can say is that SCB's (or Visa's) fraud detection process alerted me via SMS in a timely manner. Unfortunately it was in the middle of the night, so I called them back only in the morning. SCB's CSO was very clear about the procedure to sort it out. The form is available online, and can be scanned and submitted via email. Let's see how long it takes them to reverse the charges. Hopefully before the next bill is due.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
when your bill arrives DO NOT PAY the fruad portion. Tell them that you did not spend that portion. Of course they will ask you to pay first while they do the investigation.

Last time I did not pay. Finally I don't know how they settled but the Bank did not come after me.

They credit back the fraud portion?
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,390
Reaction score
1,778
when your bill arrives DO NOT PAY the fruad portion. Tell them that you did not spend that portion. Of course they will ask you to pay first while they do the investigation.

Last time I did not pay. Finally I don't know how they settled but the Bank did not come after me.

Do not pay for the fraud portion is correct but it's not true that they will ask you to pay first. You just submit the dispute form and they will credit the amount back to your accounts first while they investigate. I have experience with DBS/UOB/SCB. None of the bank ask me to pay first, they will credit the amount back to your account first.
 

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2001
Messages
5,755
Reaction score
170
does the new exclusion list take effect immediately, or only on the date specified in the letter that SCB sent us?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top