SCB SingPost/Spree Card

VacheronLim

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
1,903
Reaction score
23
I'm thinking of using this card to purchase items from Amazon. How is the exchange rate for this card ?

i think forex spread the variance is low, but SCB has one of the higher percentage of bank surcharge around (3.5% including the Visa fee), that being said, they also have one of the most prolific online spending rebate :D
 

pinpinpin

Suspended
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
4,014
Reaction score
1
i think forex spread the variance is low, but SCB has one of the higher percentage of bank surcharge around (3.5% including the Visa fee), that being said, they also have one of the most prolific online spending rebate :D

I know what you mean. High exchange rate and surcharge.
Then also highest rebate.

So work out to be the same ?
 

VacheronLim

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
1,903
Reaction score
23
essentially balance out, most banks are around 2.5% to 2.7% (including Visa charge), so SCB is around 1% higher than them...
 
Last edited:

StealthShadow

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
2
essentially balance out, most banks are around 2.5% to 2.7% (including Visa charge), so SCB is around 1% higher than them...DBS live fresh is the next closest challenger w 6% rebate I believe

DBS LF has no more 6% rebates for online/overseas spend. Ended 29 Feb. LF card is useless now.

Even if SCB has high forex rates... the 7% rebate more than makes up for the fees for overseas spend. So long as you meet the min spend of course.
 

VacheronLim

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
1,903
Reaction score
23
DBS LF has no more 6% rebates for online/overseas spend. Ended 29 Feb. LF card is useless now.

Even if SCB has high forex rates... the 7% rebate more than makes up for the fees for overseas spend. So long as you meet the min spend of course.

thanks for the update!

that would means this card is a clear winner in terms of online rebate, none of the challenger will come remotely close to it :s12:
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I'm thinking of using this card to purchase items from Amazon. How is the exchange rate for this card ?

For amazon, use cimb visa signature. 10% rebate and only 1% fee. But need min$500 monthly spending and 8×$30 spending. Can buy amazon gift card. Spending on dining also 10% rebate
 

denial86

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
8,528
Reaction score
0
My personal experience for payment of hotel bookings on Accorhotels.com website is it were being charged offline.

Sent from 瑞特斯波德 using GAGT

Ooh good to know but I assume Hotels.com, Bookings.com and Agoda will definitely get 7%?

I need to apply now, just saw some people say it takes 1-2weeks, lol I really need to stop procrastinating.

Anyway does it matter how we apply? Cause the website has a bunch of links to apply but I'm afraid if I use the wrong link they don't give me the $100 cashback. :(

Edit - Lol nvm, I ask also like that, think I will just go ahead and apply. :)
 
Last edited:

StealthShadow

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
2
Ooh good to know but I assume Hotels.com, Bookings.com and Agoda will definitely get 7%?

I need to apply now, just saw some people say it takes 1-2weeks, lol I really need to stop procrastinating.

Anyway does it matter how we apply? Cause the website has a bunch of links to apply but I'm afraid if I use the wrong link they don't give me the $100 cashback. :(

Edit - Lol nvm, I ask also like that, think I will just go ahead and apply. :)


just use the link closest to the $100 cashback banner.

If kiasu, call and confirm :)
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
been thinking of getting this card for online shopping (any rebate at singpost? paying for postage, etc?)

any special roadshow promos? cashback etc
 

dralf

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2003
Messages
1,696
Reaction score
0
Sad... just noticed that there is no more 7% for ezlink. Anyone know if there will be 7% rebate for flashpay?
 

dralf

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2003
Messages
1,696
Reaction score
0
I just calculated from my feb bill. Ezlink is only 0.2%.
Then somemore last yr i got rec a hardcopy letter which states that ezlink transactions are not considered qualifying transactions. I still kept that letter.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top