Share your battery saving method!

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
61,515
Reaction score
32,446
I'm glad that we share the same view. I once kena bashed by another user at mate 20 x thread that I no balls to update. Yeah I gave it a try and regretted though difference of 2hrs SOT. Lol
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,693
Reaction score
678
And some more Android 10 cannot monitor total battery usage after charge. It only show 1 day usage. Cannot monitor sot on Android 10. So will stick to Android 9
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,693
Reaction score
678
I'm glad that we share the same view. I once kena bashed by another user at mate 20 x thread that I no balls to update. Yeah I gave it a try and regretted though difference of 2hrs SOT. Lol

You mean your sot less 2 hours when you update your mate 20 to the newest firmware
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
61,515
Reaction score
32,446
Device care > security deactivated
Apps > uninstall singtel apps for ST users

Disabled these;
OFqoJ3V.jpg


Accessibility > screen reader > off all if you don't need it.
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,693
Reaction score
678
Although I have many shopping apps and food apps in my phone. I don't go into shopee, Lazada, grabfood, foodpanda unnecessary unless I want to buy things online or I want to order food because all this type of apps makan battery very fast. And I use to play jackpot machine games on my phone couple of times per day in the past. Now I deleted all my jackpot machine games and left only Monopoly slot on my phone and I only allow myself to play once a week every Sunday and only play 15-30 minutes.
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
61,515
Reaction score
32,446
Although I have many shopping apps and food apps in my phone. I don't go into shopee, Lazada, grabfood, foodpanda unnecessary unless I want to buy things online or I want to order food because all this type of apps makan battery very fast. And I use to play jackpot machine games on my phone couple of times per day in the past. Now I deleted all my jackpot machine games and left only Monopoly slot on my phone and I only allow myself to play once a week every Sunday and only play 15-30 minutes.

Wah you are more anal than me.
I don't game.
My daily usage is Samsung browser, leaving WhatsApp ,Banking apps, carousell and telegram on, BT connect with earbuds. Never close apps, just middle swipe up to home screen.
Toggles always on; mobile data ,voLTE, blue light filter and night mode.
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,693
Reaction score
678
Device care > security deactivated
Apps > uninstall singtel apps for ST users

Disabled these;
OFqoJ3V.jpg


Accessibility > screen reader > off all if you don't need it.

You don't watch videos or listen to music on YouTube
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,693
Reaction score
678
Wah you are more anal than me.
I don't game.
My daily usage is Samsung browser, leaving WhatsApp ,Banking apps, carousell and telegram on, BT connect with earbuds. Never close apps, just middle swipe up to home screen.
Toggles always on; mobile data ,voLTE, blue light filter and night mode.

No choice mah, just don't want battery drain too fast.
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,693
Reaction score
678
1982-1994 do you surf Facebook. I use Facebook app, the original Facebook app one. Use less than 10 minutes drain 1%>very jialat.
 

jcw_17

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2017
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
my note 8 battery life sucks.. heard Huawei has the best battery life due to its software aggressive battery management, but I'm not willing to change due to Google services. Hoping that S20 will have a better battery management
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
61,515
Reaction score
32,446
1982-1994 do you surf Facebook. I use Facebook app, the original Facebook app one. Use less than 10 minutes drain 1%>very jialat.

Nope.i have been login onto fb on browser for years. You should do a comparison between streaming video on YouTube and on browser to see the battery drain. For browser, it's 1% every 5mins SOT, for note 10+. Never tried YouTube app though. If the difference is insignificant, then use back YouTube app?
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
61,515
Reaction score
32,446
my note 8 battery life sucks.. heard Huawei has the best battery life due to its software aggressive battery management, but I'm not willing to change due to Google services. Hoping that S20 will have a better battery management

How about trying out those steps I shared? Maybe can see a difference..I seriously don't think the battery management differs much each generation of flagship...

Otherwise Huawei p30 pro is your best bet.
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,693
Reaction score
678
Nope.i have been login onto fb on browser for years. You should do a comparison between streaming video on YouTube and on browser to see the battery drain. For browser, it's 1% every 5mins SOT, for note 10+. Never tried YouTube app though. If the difference is insignificant, then use back YouTube app?

Will disable Facebook app since it drain battery. From now on beside surfing forums and checking email on Samsung browser, I will watch YouTube video and surf Facebook on Samsung browser too.
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,693
Reaction score
678
And delete my monopoly slot games as well since gaming makan battery super fast. Will disable Google and game launcher as well to improve my battery life. From now onwards no more games for me.
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
61,515
Reaction score
32,446
For email, you may try bluemail, can add in more than 1 email account.
I don't game at all so naturally,my usage is light. But if you game, why uninstall it? You have more important things to worry other than battery life. Lol
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
61,515
Reaction score
32,446
Anyway for Facebook, you may try login via mbasic.facebook.com
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top