Sim only plan with 5Gfor iPhone 13pro max

VodkaPear

Master Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
125
Bro, can share your calculations?
I using SingTel xo68 with cis abt 54.40 plus phone 1178. So calculate by 24 mths total 2483.6.
I also sub to microsoft office family with SingTel (9.90) split by 6 users. And hav weekend data free due to singtel circle And with 5G (although not very useful now).

If i take normal sim only plan at 20 plus phone 1969. Total is 2449. U can c that it is cheaper which is only by 35 dollars. But benefit are less.

The above is based on 2 yrs con n not changing/upgrading the phone within the 2 years.
 

vuzuuu

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
1,145
Reaction score
44
Bro, you're saying 5G not very useful now, can you be more specific? Should I port in to a plan with 5G or just 4G will be enough for the time being. Are you saying the 5G network coverage not as wide as 4G or there's not much different between 4 &5G network?
 

SESE75

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
765
Reaction score
38
I opted in 5G service from M1, super scams !! Only a few area appeared as 5G like Yishun and woodlands mrt stn for a few minutes and that’s all. I see my colleagues using SingTel n StarHub, all shown as 5G network…. M1 really behind times …. !!!!
 

fxsg123

Master Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
688
I using SingTel xo68 with cis abt 54.40 plus phone 1178. So calculate by 24 mths total 2483.6.
I also sub to microsoft office family with SingTel (9.90) split by 6 users. And hav weekend data free due to singtel circle And with 5G (although not very useful now).

If i take normal sim only plan at 20 plus phone 1969. Total is 2449. U can c that it is cheaper which is only by 35 dollars. But benefit are less.

The above is based on 2 yrs con n not changing/upgrading the phone within the 2 years.
Why the benefit less?

First of all, many promo floating that is less than $20, for example recent 80GB gomo & 50gb giga that include caller ID with very high talk time and data. This mean cheaper overall. There’s even cheaper option like $15 Changi mobile 40GB although some may argue M1 network reliability but come on, not happy feel free to port out.

Second, contractless meaning you free to jump over any best deal instead of lock-in 2yrs. This means greater flexibility and indirectly more saving

Third, you have CIS, a discount that not everyone have. It will be fair to use the National rate- $68.In addition, no free caller ID for non CIS. Even if CIS only for new/port in or specific companies. For recontract, still have to add $5 every month.

Sorry but its not a fair comparsion. Some companies CIS can be as high as 50% which make XO168 as cheap as XO68.
 
Last edited:

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
Why the benefit less?

First of all, many promo floating that is less than $20, for example recent 80GB gomo & 50gb giga that include caller ID with very high talk time and data. This mean cheaper overall. There’s even cheaper option like $15 Changi mobile 40GB although some may argue M1 network reliability but come on, not happy feel free to port out.

Second, contractless meaning you free to jump over any best deal instead of lock-in 2yrs. This means greater flexibility and indirectly more saving

Third, you have CIS, a discount that not everyone have. It will be fair to use the National rate- $68.In addition, no free caller ID for non CIS. Even if CIS only for new/port in or specific companies. For recontract, still have to add $5 every month.

Sorry but its not a fair comparsion. Some companies CIS can be as high as 50% which make XO168 as cheap as XO68.

Fairness is only valid for what is available to the person paying the money.
 

VodkaPear

Master Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
125
Why the benefit less?

First of all, many promo floating that is less than $20, for example recent 80GB gomo & 50gb giga that include caller ID with very high talk time and data. This mean cheaper overall. There’s even cheaper option like $15 Changi mobile 40GB although some may argue M1 network reliability but come on, not happy feel free to port out.

Second, contractless meaning you free to jump over any best deal instead of lock-in 2yrs. This means greater flexibility and indirectly more saving

Third, you have CIS, a discount that not everyone have. It will be fair to use the National rate- $68.In addition, no free caller ID for non CIS. Even if CIS only for new/port in or specific companies. For recontract, still have to add $5 every month.

Sorry but its not a fair comparsion. Some companies CIS can be as high as 50% which make XO168 as cheap as XO68.
I have mentioned in my previous post, I am comparing CIS with sim only plan and that's for my case.

Fair comparison is only sim only vs sim only. I just sharing that for my case, CIS is cheaper than sim only and ppl is asking how I do my calculation. I am not here to do a fair comparison but sharing my calculation and thoughts.

Firstly, you can have 20/50/80/100gb of data but if the speed is not fast enough, then wat's the point? like u have mentioned not happy can port out. I am happy with my telco which I willing to spend more to get that stable connection.

Secondly, some users don't mind being locked in for 2 yrs. Some ppl can also upgrade every year even being locked with contract. For example, Singtel combo 12. Of cuz you can say that per mth bill is higher, but I am not doing comparison.

Thirdly, CIS is based on 20% the least discount offered. Like u mentioned a discount that not everyone will have. But there will be ppl with a higher % compared with the 20% that I got as well. There's no ending..

Thanks for reading my post. I just feel that, if u think sim only plan is good, go for it. I am not here to stop u.
 
Last edited:

VodkaPear

Master Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
125
Bro, you're saying 5G not very useful now, can you be more specific? Should I port in to a plan with 5G or just 4G will be enough for the time being. Are you saying the 5G network coverage not as wide as 4G or there's not much different between 4 &5G network?
I am using Singtel, there is 5G network on most place I went. But I feel 4G is fast enough already. So really depend on whether u wanna spend extra or not.
 

Richliao

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Messages
8,248
Reaction score
1,036
I opted in 5G service from M1, super scams !! Only a few area appeared as 5G like Yishun and woodlands mrt stn for a few minutes and that’s all. I see my colleagues using SingTel n StarHub, all shown as 5G network…. M1 really behind times …. !!!!
Thanks for sharing...
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
I have mentioned in my previous post, I am comparing CIS with sim only plan and that's for my case.

Fair comparison is only sim only vs sim only. I just sharing that for my case, CIS is cheaper than sim only and ppl is asking how I do my calculation. I am not here to do a fair comparison but sharing my calculation and thoughts.

Firstly, you can have 20/50/80/100gb of data but if the speed is not fast enough, then wat's the point? like u have mentioned not happy can port out. I am happy with my telco which I willing to spend more to get that stable connection.

Secondly, some users don't mind being locked in for 2 yrs. Some ppl can also upgrade every year even being locked with contract. For example, Singtel combo 12. Of cuz you can say that per mth bill is higher, but I am not doing comparison.

Thirdly, CIS is based on 20% the least discount offered. Like u mentioned a discount that not everyone will have. But there will be ppl with a higher % compared with the 20% that I got as well. There's no ending..

Thanks for reading my post. I just feel that, if u think sim only plan is good, go for it. I am not here to stop u.

Thanks for sharing. I think you made valid points. There is no right or wrong, just based on what you need and suit you best.
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
I am using Singtel, there is 5G network on most place I went. But I feel 4G is fast enough already. So really depend on whether u wanna spend extra or not.

I am also thinking to go 5G or just stay with Gomo. I might just go $18/50GB and buy the iPhone 13 Pro separately although I have CIS.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,190
Reaction score
3,199
Changi Mobile using M1 network, cannot make it. Go for gomo or giga for better experience. The recent giga 50gb is a good deal.
M1 network is actually not bad. I got a stigma against this service provider until I tried it for myself.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,190
Reaction score
3,199
Bro, you're saying 5G not very useful now, can you be more specific? Should I port in to a plan with 5G or just 4G will be enough for the time being. Are you saying the 5G network coverage not as wide as 4G or there's not much different between 4 &5G network?
Actually 5G to consumers like us are just speed and latency benefits. However, for industry it’s more important for powering smarter machines and stuff.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,330
Reaction score
6,592
I have mentioned in my previous post, I am comparing CIS with sim only plan and that's for my case.

Fair comparison is only sim only vs sim only. I just sharing that for my case, CIS is cheaper than sim only and ppl is asking how I do my calculation. I am not here to do a fair comparison but sharing my calculation and thoughts.

Firstly, you can have 20/50/80/100gb of data but if the speed is not fast enough, then wat's the point? like u have mentioned not happy can port out. I am happy with my telco which I willing to spend more to get that stable connection.

Secondly, some users don't mind being locked in for 2 yrs. Some ppl can also upgrade every year even being locked with contract. For example, Singtel combo 12. Of cuz you can say that per mth bill is higher, but I am not doing comparison.

Thirdly, CIS is based on 20% the least discount offered. Like u mentioned a discount that not everyone will have. But there will be ppl with a higher % compared with the 20% that I got as well. There's no ending..

Thanks for reading my post. I just feel that, if u think sim only plan is good, go for it. I am not here to stop u.
I actually went from a sim only plan to a 2yr contract because the diff is too small. EOD knowing what you want is more important.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,190
Reaction score
3,199
Yup, since now I on SIM plan, I intend to try out the different option, including Changi mobile (M1)
I really really want to go back to Singtel, but they are being anal with the eSIM support. Even neighbouring country like Malaysia has the support already.

We really need Apple to forcefully remove the physical SIM port eh?
 

loackerc

Member
Joined
May 12, 2018
Messages
143
Reaction score
5
I using SingTel xo68 with cis abt 54.40 plus phone 1178. So calculate by 24 mths total 2483.6.
I also sub to microsoft office family with SingTel (9.90) split by 6 users. And hav weekend data free due to singtel circle And with 5G (although not very useful now).

If i take normal sim only plan at 20 plus phone 1969. Total is 2449. U can c that it is cheaper which is only by 35 dollars. But benefit are less.

The above is based on 2 yrs con n not changing/upgrading the phone within the 2 years.

20% off from CIS? same too.

Wanted to check on this, did you get the free caller ID or it's chargeable the $3.9/month? And is it recontract?

I wanted to upgrade from sim-only to xo plus plan but was told the discount was only 20% for CIS
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,406
Reaction score
25,324
I using SingTel xo68 with cis abt 54.40 plus phone 1178. So calculate by 24 mths total 2483.6.
I also sub to microsoft office family with SingTel (9.90) split by 6 users. And hav weekend data free due to singtel circle And with 5G (although not very useful now).

If i take normal sim only plan at 20 plus phone 1969. Total is 2449. U can c that it is cheaper which is only by 35 dollars. But benefit are less.

The above is based on 2 yrs con n not changing/upgrading the phone within the 2 years.
Mine $480 gomo 2 years plan promo of 40gb but no 5G and voLTE
Phone 256gb can get on Carousell at $1900
Total $2380
See whether one needs 5G and voLTE
 

Kiddream

Master Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2004
Messages
2,871
Reaction score
140
Sim only plan definitely offers more value. Cheap and lots of data. A 2 year telco plan is only worth if you have CIS discount. i don’t really care for 5G as it’s still new. 4G is fast enough and it doesn’t slows down when I stream my Netflix shows on the go.
 

spikeling

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
718
Reaction score
156
I really really want to go back to Singtel, but they are being anal with the eSIM support. Even neighbouring country like Malaysia has the support already.

We really need Apple to forcefully remove the physical SIM port eh?
Exactly. Singtel is a big bully. Promote iphone sales to gain market share but giving sub-standard support for iphone users. Apple should do something on telcos who refuse to adopt esim.
 

robertgl

Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2010
Messages
133
Reaction score
2
I have mentioned in my previous post, I am comparing CIS with sim only plan and that's for my case.

Fair comparison is only sim only vs sim only. I just sharing that for my case, CIS is cheaper than sim only and ppl is asking how I do my calculation. I am not here to do a fair comparison but sharing my calculation and thoughts.

Firstly, you can have 20/50/80/100gb of data but if the speed is not fast enough, then wat's the point? like u have mentioned not happy can port out. I am happy with my telco which I willing to spend more to get that stable connection.

Secondly, some users don't mind being locked in for 2 yrs. Some ppl can also upgrade every year even being locked with contract. For example, Singtel combo 12. Of cuz you can say that per mth bill is higher, but I am not doing comparison.

Thirdly, CIS is based on 20% the least discount offered. Like u mentioned a discount that not everyone will have. But there will be ppl with a higher % compared with the 20% that I got as well. There's no ending..

Thanks for reading my post. I just feel that, if u think sim only plan is good, go for it. I am not here to stop u.
Hi can I confirm your comparison for contact and sim only plan with the same telco is based on similar data, sms and talk time? Thanks.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top