Sim only plan with 5Gfor iPhone 13pro max

007Mi6

Reaction score
Why the benefit less?

First of all, many promo floating that is less than $20, for example recent 80GB gomo & 50gb giga that include caller ID with very high talk time and data. This mean cheaper overall. There’s even cheaper option like $15 Changi mobile 40GB although some may argue M1 network reliability but come on, not happy feel free to port out.

Second, contractless meaning you free to jump over any best deal instead of lock-in 2yrs. This means greater flexibility and indirectly more saving

Third, you have CIS, a discount that not everyone have. It will be fair to use the National rate- $68.In addition, no free caller ID for non CIS. Even if CIS only for new/port in or specific companies. For recontract, still have to add $5 every month.

Sorry but its not a fair comparsion. Some companies CIS can be as high as 50% which make XO168 as cheap as XO68.

There is no 5G SA on Singtel network for Sim only for fair comparison. What are you blowing?

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
There is no 5G SA on Singtel network for Sim only for fair comparison. What are you blowing?
I’m targeting CIS and cost.
if one have CIS, of course in term of price it can match SIM only, be it SingTel or not.

Anyway, this is a open forum, not PM or private grp, irregardless poster addressing to a particular person or not, it’s open and ppl have the rights to give interpret and provide opinion

007Mi6

Reaction score
I’m targeting CIS and cost.
if one have CIS, of course in term of price it can match SIM only, be it SingTel or not.

Anyway, this is a open forum, not PM or private grp, irregardless poster addressing to a particular person or not, it’s open and ppl have the rights to give interpret and provide opinion

Providing views and opinions by dismissing availability of CIS when it is available and saying CIS is not fair comparison?

Then when I dismiss non-LTE plans also cannot? Alamak, how is it not sharing my opinions?

Zerobim08

Reaction score
If you have CIS, then it is better than sim-only+full price phone. This is just fact.

Anyway, 5G at the moment is overrated. 4G data speed is good enough for 99.9% of what you want to do. More important is to find the telcos that can give you best data speed. Some give you lots of bundled data but data speed is crap.

PDA_lover

Reaction score
I am not sure that holds true in every case. I have M1 CIS (EM Plan), i pay 18$ PM and i plan to buy iphone from apple store, 2 years plan+phone is 2363. this is with 30GB data.

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
If you have CIS, then it is better than sim-only+full price phone. This is just fact.

Anyway, 5G at the moment is overrated. 4G data speed is good enough for 99.9% of what you want to do. More important is to find the telcos that can give you best data speed. Some give you lots of bundled data but data speed is crap.

Yes, i think 5G is overrated at the moment. My giga also come with 5G (free trial), and i can receive 5G from my house but the speed is not amazing no different from 4G.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Deleted some unrelated post. Guys... chill out okie!

vuzuuu

Reaction score
After much consideration and some reviews from my colleagues. Decided to switch from singtel XO plan to Giga Sim only plan. Download the Giga app, done registratin and created an account. Sim card delivery will reach me this afternoon.
First of all, the process is very easy and simple. The delivery guy called last night to double confirm about the delivery timing this afternoon which I really appreciate his effort.
May I ask how could I enjoy the Giga 5G trial for free? My singtel XO plan contract will expire next Thursday, could I port in and activate my Giga Sim only plan on next Thursday on the Giga app? Thanks.

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
After much consideration and some reviews from my colleagues. Decided to switch from singtel XO plan to Giga Sim only plan. Download the Giga app, done registratin and created an account. Sim card delivery will reach me this afternoon.
First of all, the process is very easy and simple. The delivery guy called last night to double confirm about the delivery timing this afternoon which I really appreciate his effort.
May I ask how could I enjoy the Giga 5G trial for free? My singtel XO plan contract will expire next Thursday, could I port in and activate my Giga Sim only plan on next Thursday on the Giga app? Thanks.
The free 5G trial starts immediately after you activate it, valid til the date of your billing cycle. Yes you should only port over your SingTel number to Giga a day after expiration, if not you will incur early termination charges. So you can either activate the 5G trial next week, or next month so you get to enjoy the full 30 days. But in my opinion, not much difference in speed between 4G and 5G.

vuzuuu

Reaction score
The free 5G trial starts immediately after you activate it, valid til the date of your billing cycle. Yes you should only port over your SingTel number to Giga a day after expiration, if not you will incur early termination charges. So you can either activate the 5G trial next week, or next month so you get to enjoy the full 30 days. But in my opinion, not much difference in speed between 4G and 5G.
I think I will take your advice to port in my current singtel nos. a day after the expiration day to Giga next Thursday or Friday. I am staying in Chai Chee and not sure I will be able to receive the free 5G network at my place. Thanks bro and you have a nice weekend.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
is imessage supported on giga ? i remember i tried to activate it and the circle keeps spinning....

vuzuuu

Reaction score
I have ported in my Singtel nos to Giga last night. Wondering how long will it take to process ?
I couldn’t received SMS and call today.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have ported in my Singtel nos to Giga last night. Wondering how long will it take to process ?
I couldn’t received SMS and call today.
You might even face problem with activating iMessage if you need it for the ecosystem between your Apple devices.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its good ah... so far so good.
Awesome, I went to M1 5G SA and the network is terrible, or maybe at least for my area. Signal fallback to 4G and still cannot load anything.

And their 4G is also having the same problem. Shows that I am connected with a full bar but nothing loads.

Planning to port back to Singtel and take the SIM Only Plus 45.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.