SIM-University at Buffalo

HuiminxD

Junior Member
Joined
May 20, 2014
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
I think you saw it from the student contract. But as you know, not everything in it is fixed/confirmed, such as the total course fees payable, duration of course, etc. So just wait for an official notice from SIM then we pay our school fees lor.

They sent the invoice to me alr. Like through email and I have alr paid for the school fee :/ different courses different ways? Maybe?
 

HuiminxD

Junior Member
Joined
May 20, 2014
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
I think it will be after our waiver workshop, which is held after the camp. If you browse through the slides for the workshop, it will tell you what units can be waivered according to the subjects you have taken.

Where did you see the slides from??
 

WaveRipple

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2014
Messages
2,092
Reaction score
51
They sent the invoice to me alr. Like through email and I have alr paid for the school fee :/ different courses different ways? Maybe?

I didn't receive anything leh. Anyway you can find the slides for credit transfer from your simconnect. Then click on 'Resources', then in the centre of the page you will find 'Students Workshops'. The slides are all there.
 
Last edited:

spellbinded

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
They sent the invoice to me alr. Like through email and I have alr paid for the school fee :/ different courses different ways? Maybe?

i called student services and they said my invoice wasnt ready yet and to just wait and check email & simconnect for it :) so i guess it differs for everyone!
 

jonnyjon

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi guys would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out here.
I'm currently in the army due to ORD in 2015 and plan to enrol in UB Psychology in 2016. I hold a poly dip in an unrelated field with a GPA of 2.5. My decision hinges largely on financial repercussions and 66k is no small sum tbh. However, I am well aware that poly grads are entitled to credit exemptions and would like to know:
1) what is the min credit exemption i can expect to receive?
2) are students expected to pay the full 66k upon enrolment or is it divided over each semester?
3) what are the costs of misc items such as books/exams/printed material?
 

SkyScraper

Master Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2010
Messages
4,405
Reaction score
80
Hi guys would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out here.
I'm currently in the army due to ORD in 2015 and plan to enrol in UB Psychology in 2016. I hold a poly dip in an unrelated field with a GPA of 2.5. My decision hinges largely on financial repercussions and 66k is no small sum tbh. However, I am well aware that poly grads are entitled to credit exemptions and would like to know:
1) what is the min credit exemption i can expect to receive?
2) are students expected to pay the full 66k upon enrolment or is it divided over each semester?
3) what are the costs of misc items such as books/exams/printed material?

ello,

I might not be the best person to reply but,

1) Credit exemption is really depend on individual. I think you need to ask those who have gone through the same route to advice you

2) Nope, Fees are paid via semester, one time 66k is insane :s13::s13: That saying, you can get bank loan

3) That again is subjected to course, i havent go into the course, but i heard it's super expensive. You can always buy from your seniors at a cheaper rate.
 

Leenxylavender

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2014
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Hi guys would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out here.
I'm currently in the army due to ORD in 2015 and plan to enrol in UB Psychology in 2016. I hold a poly dip in an unrelated field with a GPA of 2.5. My decision hinges largely on financial repercussions and 66k is no small sum tbh. However, I am well aware that poly grads are entitled to credit exemptions and would like to know:
1) what is the min credit exemption i can expect to receive?
2) are students expected to pay the full 66k upon enrolment or is it divided over each semester?
3) what are the costs of misc items such as books/exams/printed material?

Hi, i have actually asked a lot of the same questions as you before i applied to sim. I called them, went for talks to know better what im getting myself into. From the infomation i've collected i will try to help u with ur queries. They may not be 100% accurate! pls still call up sim if u need clarifications ^^

1. I went for the sim-ub talk and i briefly remember seeing something that goes along the line of 'poly and jc students can expect a minimum of 24 credits waived.' That being said the amount of credits transfered is still somehow dependent on ur poly results and the courses you took. What they can waive if your poly courses is not related much is the general education modules and free electives.(they have a thing whr if you get a total of 24 waivers you get auto waivers of about 5 credits i think)

2. So the woman at the counter told me this 'school fees are paid every tri-semester' each academic year has 4 semesters. I am not too sure if i remembered this piece of information correctly. But fees are not paid in total right at the start of sch, that's for sure.

3.the books are pretty expensive and range around $50 - $200 depending on the course you take. You can expect to buy a lot of more books if you are taking psychology. But there are 2nd hand books around that you can buy from the seniors. Check out their various fb group. Or you can sell your books after using them.

Hope I helped you!
😐
 

jonnyjon

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
ello,

I might not be the best person to reply but,

1) Credit exemption is really depend on individual. I think you need to ask those who have gone through the same route to advice you

2) Nope, Fees are paid via semester, one time 66k is insane :s13::s13: That saying, you can get bank loan

3) That again is subjected to course, i havent go into the course, but i heard it's super expensive. You can always buy from your seniors at a cheaper rate.

Thanks for your help!😀😀
 

jonnyjon

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi, i have actually asked a lot of the same questions as you before i applied to sim. I called them, went for talks to know better what im getting myself into. From the infomation i've collected i will try to help u with ur queries. They may not be 100% accurate! pls still call up sim if u need clarifications ^^

1. I went for the sim-ub talk and i briefly remember seeing something that goes along the line of 'poly and jc students can expect a minimum of 24 credits waived.' That being said the amount of credits transfered is still somehow dependent on ur poly results and the courses you took. What they can waive if your poly courses is not related much is the general education modules and free electives.(they have a thing whr if you get a total of 24 waivers you get auto waivers of about 5 credits i think)

2. So the woman at the counter told me this 'school fees are paid every tri-semester' each academic year has 4 semesters. I am not too sure if i remembered this piece of information correctly. But fees are not paid in total right at the start of sch, that's for sure.

3.the books are pretty expensive and range around $50 - $200 depending on the course you take. You can expect to buy a lot of more books if you are taking psychology. But there are 2nd hand books around that you can buy from the seniors. Check out their various fb group. Or you can sell your books after using them.

Hope I helped you!
😐

Yep you definitely helped clarify many of my doubts! 😃
Btw judging from your response it would appear that you're currently entering freshman year in UB. Are you taking psychology as well?
 

spellbinded

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
anyone else has their timetable up already on simconnect? :) im taking soci and mine is awful :( end at 6.30 everyday man
 

Angelixal

Junior Member
Joined
May 17, 2014
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
anyone else has their timetable up already on simconnect? :) im taking soci and mine is awful :( end at 6.30 everyday man

Yup, haha I end on 6.30pm on certain days. However, MTH131 might be waivered for me,(as I`m an A level kid who took H2 math). If so, I`ll not end at 6.30pm at all :)
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top