SIMBA Fibre Broadband

ShapeShifter

Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2020
Messages
300
Reaction score
307
Do not be too happy as no one know how is their network going to be. Most people will need to use their home WiFi for work so if the network is not stable then will be very troublesome la.
Doesn’t matter, peering wise can always rely on VPNs, tonnes out there or get oracle free tier 10TB a month, better peering than local isps
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,276
Reaction score
12,286
Doesn’t matter, peering wise can always rely on VPNs, tonnes out there or get oracle free tier 10TB a month, better peering than local isps

Interesting. How fast can you get from the Oracle Cloud Always Free Tier? Last time I tried it I could only use certain servers (I used US West) and the speed was slow.

Just noticed that they have increased the Outbound Data Transfer from 1TB per month to 10TB per month. The ADM Compute VM may not be fast but the ARM Ampere A1 Compute seems to be very decent.
https://www.oracle.com/sg/cloud/free/#free-cloud-trial

Two AMD Compute VMs
Up to 4 instances of ARM Ampere A1 Compute with 3,000 OCPU hours and 18,000 GB hours per month
 

ShapeShifter

Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2020
Messages
300
Reaction score
307
Interesting. How fast can you get from the Oracle Cloud Always Free Tier? Last time I tried it I could only use certain servers (I used US West) and the speed was slow.

Just noticed that they have increased the Outbound Data Transfer from 1TB per month to 10TB per month. The ADM Compute VM may not be fast but the ARM Ampere A1 Compute seems to be very decent.
https://www.oracle.com/sg/cloud/free/#free-cloud-trial

Two AMD Compute VMs
Up to 4 instances of ARM Ampere A1 Compute with 3,000 OCPU hours and 18,000 GB hours per month
I was able to pull 2-3Gbps, but also limited to A1 compute
 

lobukong

Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
365
Reaction score
200
Doesn’t matter, peering wise can always rely on VPNs, tonnes out there or get oracle free tier 10TB a month, better peering than local isps
May I know how to solve the "Out of capacity for shape VM.Standard.A1.Flex in availability domain AD-1"?
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,276
Reaction score
12,286
May I know how to solve the "Out of capacity for shape VM.Standard.A1.Flex in availability domain AD-1"?

Google shows this is a common problem. You can try the tip here.


Last time it was easy to create the account and the instances. I had two instances (AMD ones) but I have since terminated them due to lack of use.

Unfortunately I can not change the region now -- `US West` is not fast for Singapore.
 
Last edited:

iceoxfch

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2023
Messages
247
Reaction score
126
As predicted, they were only going to announce plans by end September.

Actual deployment expected end of 1H FY24. Not sure if their fiscal year starts in Jan or more traditionally in April. If the latter, full launch expected only this time next year.

View attachment 42246

Just wondering if anyone had early access to SIMBA's broadband. If so, please advise on the contract period, ONT / ONR, list of SIMBA recommended routers (if ONT) / router provided by SIMBA (if ONR), latency, network stability, and if home digital voice is included. Thanks!
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,254
Reaction score
31,118
Just wondering if anyone had early access to SIMBA's broadband. If so, please advise on the contract period, ONT / ONR, list of SIMBA recommended routers (if ONT) / router provided by SIMBA (if ONR), latency, network stability, and if home digital voice is included. Thanks!
No sound yet
 

raintr33

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
2,317
Reaction score
379
Already mid-Oct liao still no news, my M1 fibre contract expiring in another 2 months wor...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top