SIMBA Fibre Broadband

a4973

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2003
Messages
3,390
Reaction score
379
For 500Mbps plan, Starhub and M1 do not change the price after contract expires (Starhub has been like this for very long, M1 was a new addition).

For 1Gbps plan, I believe Starhub/M1 will have higher price after contract expires just like Singtel, since the 1Gbps price is considered as promotional price.

Hopefully users of Starhub/M1 1Gbps plan will confirm whether I am correct or not. I have Singtel 1Gbps plan and Starhub 500Mbps plan.
May I know what is the price you are paying for Starhub 500 Mbps? Thank you.
 

nom.nom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2022
Messages
14,686
Reaction score
16,976
Hi bro, any update?

Is the monthly subscription still the same after your contract with M1 ends?

Hey, forgot to update but my contract states the reversal to original price.

So i recontracted for 2 years of 1Gbps for 36.9 with free router anyway. :o
 

Tom Sawyer

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2023
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
1,299
My contract also stated that the price shall be reversed to "original" price but when I called them, they said that the price, when out of contract, will be the same. I am enjoying the same rate now with no contract for M1 500Mbps... No harm trying to call to confirm
 

hwsstx

Master Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
4,823
Reaction score
3,537
My contract also stated that the price shall be reversed to "original" price but when I called them, they said that the price, when out of contract, will be the same. I am enjoying the same rate now with no contract for M1 500Mbps... No harm trying to call to confirm
I was told the same, my current ends in March 2024, hopes still the same

I am also on this plan since 2017, every 20 months I'll renew it for another 24 months. My current tenure will expire in March 2024.

When I called up in 2022 to renew to the current tenure, the CSO told me that there's no need to renew, just continue using.
 

PattyTheChuggyTrain

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
280
I asked over the counter when signing up for the 1mbps plan. As the 1mbps plan is currently a "promo" price, it will change after the contract ends, to the non promo price.

But the 500mbps plan is not under a promo price, so after the contract ends, it remains the same price.

But then again, if it's not a promo price, how come if one wants to use the 500mbps plan without first signing a contract, it's not this price?
 

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 19, 2001
Messages
7,378
Reaction score
2,402
Is it possible to have 2 fibre broadband at the same time? I already have M1 whose contact going to end in 2 months. I want to connect to Simba too ( if they offer) and try out before disconnecting M1.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,287
Reaction score
9,035
Is it possible to have 2 fibre broadband at the same time? I already have M1 whose contact going to end in 2 months. I want to connect to Simba too ( if they offer) and try out before disconnecting M1.
Yes, the ONT has 2 ports for 2 different BB.
 

babyjyo

Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2009
Messages
310
Reaction score
50
It is called the fibre termination point. Each FTP has 2 ports which allow 2 services/ISPs to be used. ONT is issued by each line you subscribe from the ISP.
 

ah_cleo

Master Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
4,055
Reaction score
27
heard from acquittance who works in Simba. they roll out free for staff to try but only those staying in the east. end up... totally cant work. not sure how true though
 

luei74

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2001
Messages
28,986
Reaction score
6,973
heard from acquittance who works in Simba. they roll out free for staff to try but only those staying in the east. end up... totally cant work. not sure how true though
Can ask your acquaintance to check the infrastructure was done by which country engineers?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top