SIMBA Fibre Broadband

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,290
Reaction score
12,290

hoision

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2019
Messages
28
Reaction score
29
SIMBA has both ONT or ONR (they call it ONU).

ONT with single 10Gbe LAN port: HN8010Ts-20.
https://support.simba.sg/hc/en-us/a...e-collected-the-10Gbps-ONT-how-do-I-set-it-up

ONU/ONR HN8250Ts-20 with single 10Gbe LAN port and four gigabit LAN ports, all LAN ports will be functioning if not bridged.
https://support.simba.sg/hc/en-us/a...e-collected-the-10Gbps-ONU-how-do-I-set-it-up

Just wondering if the new users here can still get the ONT, or get the ONU/ONR bridged. Thanks.
Imo, there is little motivation or practical usage in bridging the Simba ONR, even if it can be bridged, CGNAT IP is still used on own router. The usage can be IPv6 hosting which may not be reliable given the IPv6 landscape currently. In the end, you will still need another ISP which can provide public IPv4 in order to have peace of mind.
 

Edz_Sg

Member
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
454
Reaction score
18
contract ended,
thanks for the good one year, but its time to move on :)
My contract ending soon.... which ISP you going to move to?

I still thinking should I stay put with Simba, without any hassle to change other ISP.. appointment for onsite installation... etc. .. etc...
 

SpawnXp

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,871
Reaction score
409
My contract ending soon.... which ISP you going to move to?

I still thinking should I stay put with Simba, without any hassle to change other ISP.. appointment for onsite installation... etc. .. etc...
maybe going with eight.
 

Edz_Sg

Member
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
454
Reaction score
18
Simba say need to submit termination request 35 days in advance =.="
I thinking to go with Eight too ^^

Still thinking do I need to get with the router, as is like more $120

Ermmm.... shouldn't say about eight here.... but who know 1 day i will come back to Simba
 

SpawnXp

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,871
Reaction score
409
Simba say need to submit termination request 35 days in advance =.="
I thinking to go with Eight too ^^

Still thinking do I need to get with the router, as is like more $120

Ermmm.... shouldn't say about eight here.... but who know 1 day i will come back to Simba
i just apply for eight first, then when all ready then terminate simba, no choice let them get one month from me, but no complains la, have been stable all these time, if they dont have CGNAT, i would have stayed with them
 

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2002
Messages
23,049
Reaction score
36
Anyone having issue getting VoWiFi with you Simba BB?
Not sure if its already activated or is there any setting which the fella is suppose to do since the router is having no issue getting it with others i.e ST or M1 just not with Simba
 

deathblade82

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2002
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
28
Anyone having issue getting VoWiFi with you Simba BB?
Not sure if its already activated or is there any setting which the fella is suppose to do since the router is having no issue getting it with others i.e ST or M1 just not with Simba
On router side, you have to allow IPSec traffic. Can only confirm that ST works, but not M1. Other telcos, can't test
 

loganrunning

Master Member
Joined
May 12, 2017
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
2,355
On router side, you have to allow IPSec traffic. Can only confirm that ST works, but not M1. Other telcos, can't test

just another data point. i've not bothered to troubleshoot since we don't have trouble making/receiving calls.

i am on m1 bb, nothing changed from default "out of box" config. have not changed the router config apart from updates, but no router updates/reboots for past 2-3 months.

family has a mix of Simba and eight on different handphones

- 2 units of Vivo Y03, on Simba and hi-prepaid. Both always connect to VoWiFi. does not drop, restores 2-3min after reboot.

- nothing phone 2: dual sim, eight (SIM1)and Simba (SIM2). Simba always connects to VoWiFi. eight used to connect, then after 3 weeks ago, suddenly didn't while still on WiFi, but cured with re-boot 2 weeks ago. yesterday, went back to VoNR/VoLTE. strange..

- 1+12. eight (SIM1). supported VoWiFi from start. 3 weeks ago, suddenly went to VoNR/VoLTE while still on WiFi. Rebooted last week, VoWiFi restored.

- 1+13: eight (SIM1). always switches to VoWiFi when in range.

- Mi 15: Gomo (SIM1); always switches to VoWiFi when in range.
 

BlueRiver

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
97
Reaction score
18
Is Simba Fibre Broadband IPv6 down? I can't use connection with IPv6 and IPv6 test website is showing that I have no IPv6.

I'm not sure if it is really down or something wrong with my router configuration.
 

nuscape

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
1,008
Reaction score
148
Is Simba Fibre Broadband IPv6 down? I can't use connection with IPv6 and IPv6 test website is showing that I have no IPv6.
I'm not sure if it is really down or something wrong with my router configuration.

AFIK Simba doesn't have IPv6. I'm using their Eero max 7 router and had to disable IPv6 setting otherwise the wifi got no traffic randomly.
Actually nothing wrong with IPv4 right? so far is ok and no issue for me.
 

nuscape

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
1,008
Reaction score
148
Anyone having issue getting VoWiFi with you Simba BB?
Not sure if its already activated or is there any setting which the fella is suppose to do since the router is having no issue getting it with others i.e ST or M1 just not with Simba

i also can't get it working with Simba sim. I think there is no such option in the SiM setting. while changing to other Sim ST the vowifi option appears.
 

deathblade82

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2002
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
28
AFIK Simba doesn't have IPv6. I'm using their Eero max 7 router and had to disable IPv6 setting otherwise the wifi got no traffic randomly.
Actually nothing wrong with IPv4 right? so far is ok and no issue for me.
https://simba.sg/broadband/NAS

If they do not have IPv6, then why they wrote this article ?

I do have IPv6 working for quite some time, until suddenly, it stop working totally. Called up support, and the agent mentioned they can't configure IPv6 on the ONT.

If you are on ONT, you may try to do a direct connection to your PC/Mac.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top