Singtel 3G very slow

Chevalier

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
5,031
Reaction score
883
I've got a speculation.... My singtel line that is experiencing slow 3G speeds is a STUDENT iFlexi Value plan while my other line, also an iFlexi Value plan, is not a student plan and it's blazing fast! Would like to confirm whether you guys who are experiencing slow speeds are under an iFlexi student plan. Is so, then this pretty much sums it up.

iflexi plus. im paying high monthly subscription for **** speed?

btw im on ip4
 

trumpy89

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
234
Reaction score
0
iflexi plus. im paying high monthly subscription for **** speed?

btw im on ip4

Then that busts the student plan vs normal plan speculation out the door. Have you tried calling singtel?

I'm on the iPhone 4 too, but it's been like this since my 3GS days. My other singtel line is fine though, and it's iFlexi Value. This pretty much rules out the explanation of shared bandwidth between many people. Changing the sim card with a new one does not solve it as well, so that confirms it's not a problem with the sim card.

Only answer I can come up with is that singtel is deliberately capping our speeds. They promised speeds of UP TO 7.2MBPS but of course, like many people, I don't expect 7.2MBPS. Maybe just half of that would be enough but c'mon, 0.3MBPS????
 

surfbuyer

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2001
Messages
964
Reaction score
8
I have been using SingTel 3G for 1.5 years and the past 2 months was extremely sluggish. Initially, I thought it is due to the OS upgrade that caused the slowness.

Last night, I switched to my newly signed up StarHub line and found the loading of hwz so much faster. Even this morning, it was still so smooth.

I come to conclude that it is not my iPhone 3G but the network :s27:
 

Seller656

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
I've got a speculation.... My singtel line that is experiencing slow 3G speeds is a STUDENT iFlexi Value plan while my other line, also an iFlexi Value plan, is not a student plan and it's blazing fast! Would like to confirm whether you guys who are experiencing slow speeds are under an iFlexi student plan. Is so, then this pretty much sums it up.


Might b...:s27:
 

trumpy89

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
234
Reaction score
0
I've managed to solve the problem!!

Went down to comcentre today and then explained my problem to them. At first, the CSO said she couldn't do anything to adjust the speed and can only offer a change of sim card or iPhone. I demonstrated to her that it's not a sim card problem nor is it the phone's problem. After that she did more checking and realized that my plan has a BBOM Lite value added service. Why would I need that when I've already got a bundled data plan with iFlexi Value?

So I thought that this BBOM Lite thing could be conflicting with the bundled 12GB data plan and then proceeded to tell her to terminate the BBOM Lite which she did. She also issued me a new sim card just in case. I thanked her, and went on my merry way.

Started testing the 3G speed and I see 0.3MBPS as usual. So I restarted my phone and tried again. The result? Managed to hit 6.1MBPS with an average of 5MBPS. Right now at home, I'm getting like 4-5MBPS.

In short, if you have 3G speed problems on your iFlexi plan, check to see if you have a BBOM value added service tied to it. If so, get it cancelled and see if it helps(certainly did for me).

Cheers! =)
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,246
Reaction score
9,009
I can't access internet this whole morning and afternoon in alexandra area. 1 month ago I have no such problem. too many iphone subscribers now. 8(
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
I've managed to solve the problem!!

Went down to comcentre today and then explained my problem to them. At first, the CSO said she couldn't do anything to adjust the speed and can only offer a change of sim card or iPhone. I demonstrated to her that it's not a sim card problem nor is it the phone's problem. After that she did more checking and realized that my plan has a BBOM Lite value added service. Why would I need that when I've already got a bundled data plan with iFlexi Value?

So I thought that this BBOM Lite thing could be conflicting with the bundled 12GB data plan and then proceeded to tell her to terminate the BBOM Lite which she did. She also issued me a new sim card just in case. I thanked her, and went on my merry way.

Started testing the 3G speed and I see 0.3MBPS as usual. So I restarted my phone and tried again. The result? Managed to hit 6.1MBPS with an average of 5MBPS. Right now at home, I'm getting like 4-5MBPS.

In short, if you have 3G speed problems on your iFlexi plan, check to see if you have a BBOM value added service tied to it. If so, get it cancelled and see if it helps(certainly did for me).

Cheers! =)

I think I'm gonna go down to Comcentre this weekend. My 3G download speed is always 0.3 Mbps+ and upload is a terrible 0.0x Mbps range. I'm on iFlexi Lite Student Plan but the speeds are ridiculously slow regardless of where I am. Hoping to get it fixed this weekend!
 

trumpy89

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
234
Reaction score
0
I think I'm gonna go down to Comcentre this weekend. My 3G download speed is always 0.3 Mbps+ and upload is a terrible 0.0x Mbps range. I'm on iFlexi Lite Student Plan but the speeds are ridiculously slow regardless of where I am. Hoping to get it fixed this weekend!

Hey, you could probably just call 1688 and check the value added services you have. If you happen to have BBOM Lite as one of them, tell the CSO to cancel it and refresh your line. That should do it.
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Hey, you could probably just call 1688 and check the value added services you have. If you happen to have BBOM Lite as one of them, tell the CSO to cancel it and refresh your line. That should do it.

Really? That's more easy. I wanna cancel one of my value added services as well, some Reuters SMS news service. I don't really need it so at the same time can ask if there is BBOM in my VAS as well.
 

Chevalier

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
5,031
Reaction score
883
Hello all, i was facing some serious issues with my iP4 data. speedtest would not exceed 0.35Mbps and sometimes the data could not even connect.

im using multi-sim (regular sim card)

- called singtel, and reset countless time, i even restored my iphone firmware.

- then i had this bright idea, i remember when i got my card, the CSO told me that there is a "Primary Card" and "Secondary Card".

- so i thought maybe i was using the secondary card, i went to cut the other sim card, reset my phone and VOILA my data rate has not gone below 2.5 mbps :)

hope this helps those multi-sim users out there who are facing the same problem :)
 

D-Wade

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2010
Messages
716
Reaction score
2
oh because last time i complained to starthub due to speed connection
they say it more accurate to run test on speedtest.com.sg
but i cannot use this on iphone due to flash.
 

surfbuyer

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2001
Messages
964
Reaction score
8
I ran the speedtest app and 7 tests showed lowest download speed at 0.54mbps and highest at 2.14mbps.
 

pinkdior

Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
I called up Singtel after reading thread, as for the past two months I've been experiencing super slow 3G connection. I called up Singtel technical helpline and told them my problem. The technician offer to reset my line and ask me to off my phone for 10-15mins and on it again and monitor it for a day.

I did as told but still didn't work. So I keep on and off my phone for the next 30mins and keep doing speed test. And I manage to get 2.3-4.5Mbps now. For the past 2 months, the 3G connection was so terrible that I couldn't seem to get pass the 0.5Mbps mark. But now after resetting, its working. I will continue to monitor it for the next few days.

Maybe those who are experiencing same problems can call up Singtel for a reset and see if it works.

Hope this helps.
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
i was just on the line with singtel cso, told her abt my slow 3G speed and she told me to reboot my iphone and close all apps in the background.

STILL NO CHANGE, so she put me on hold while she talked to the technical department. after they checked my signal coverage area and found it to be at very good strength, she told me to Reset Network Settings and monitor the situation for the next 24 hours as they are gonna reset my 3G line as well.

hope the resetting of my 3G line works and I won't have crawling speeds like this anymore. will update the bros here tmrw if anything has changed.
 

D-Wade

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2010
Messages
716
Reaction score
2
I called up Singtel after reading thread, as for the past two months I've been experiencing super slow 3G connection. I called up Singtel technical helpline and told them my problem. The technician offer to reset my line and ask me to off my phone for 10-15mins and on it again and monitor it for a day.

I did as told but still didn't work. So I keep on and off my phone for the next 30mins and keep doing speed test. And I manage to get 2.3-4.5Mbps now. For the past 2 months, the 3G connection was so terrible that I couldn't seem to get pass the 0.5Mbps mark. But now after resetting, its working. I will continue to monitor it for the next few days.

Maybe those who are experiencing same problems can call up Singtel for a reset and see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Does it mean we have to request for a reset in certain period of time?
let's say in 3mos connection become slow again?:eek::eek::eek:
 

FeNgZhEnG

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
79,696
Reaction score
1,380
im experiencing this too quite often..its worst when i wanted to watch LIVE BPL using IDEAS..sometimes cant even load when the soccer match is alreaady ongoing...:s27:

thinking why this happens...isit singtel 3g network is weak or there are too many BBOM users that overloads the 3g network of singtel:(

we are all paid consumers and yet get a sh!tty 3g service from ST:(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top