Singtel 3G very slow

avalondigo

Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
457
Reaction score
0
hi guys
can share your cellular data settings?
Settings - Network - Cellular Data Network

I just called singtel, CSO told me to change my setting
previously:
APN: 65-ideas
username & password : 65ideas
to change to:
APN: internet
username: 65IDEAS
password: IDEAS

but no improvement, he said to wait til tomorrow, if still got issue, he told me to bring down my sim to comcenter
 

deep3lue

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
6,465
Reaction score
3
hi guys
can share your cellular data settings?
Settings - Network - Cellular Data Network

I just called singtel, CSO told me to change my setting
previously:
APN: 65-ideas
username & password : 65ideas
to change to:
APN: internet
username: 65IDEAS
password: IDEAS

but no improvement, he said to wait til tomorrow, if still got issue, he told me to bring down my sim to comcenter

Mine currently is set to:

APN: e-ideas
Username: 65ideas
Password: 65ideas

I wonder if it would improve my speed if i change to yours..
 

avalondigo

Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
457
Reaction score
0
So funny today
In the end I went to comcenter, the guy ran the speedtest and result was 6500kbps!
I was like, what???
Then he told me to replace my simcard just in case
So I got new sim now but not activated

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app
 

deep3lue

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
6,465
Reaction score
3
So funny today
In the end I went to comcenter, the guy ran the speedtest and result was 6500kbps!
I was like, what???
Then he told me to replace my simcard just in case
So I got new sim now but not activated

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app


Frankly, I got good results from the settings you posted leh. But I dare not say anything in case either your iPhone 4 or SIM got problem. =:p
 

tin_dg

Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2008
Messages
275
Reaction score
0
Does it matter if you are using the micro sim from your provider or only DIY cut? I'm experiencing slow 3G speeds too
 

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
19,987
Reaction score
308
my singtel 3g damn slow also leh...sian can hardly surf now
 

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
19,987
Reaction score
308
last time on 3gs seems to be ok leh.. haiz i tried speed test the speed is pathetic..0.11mbps
 

chillpill

Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
265
Reaction score
0
quite erratic actually, in my room during night time i get about 0.3 to 0.5 on a average but 2 to 3 am in the morning same area i can hit 3 to 4mbs....

well at home i switch to wifi and save the trouble...

after awhile ive got used to it...:D
 

xiaoyang

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
953
Reaction score
0
my com singnet oso v slow sia!:(
ip4 lagi worse...cant even d/l frm wtv liao!:eek:
 

idunoleh

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
1,077
Reaction score
0
starhub better meh? my com using starhub connection still good leh. use iphone(singnet) to surf take ages.
 

Forum_Talent

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
1,508
Reaction score
0
Live with it la or complain your service provider. the more pple on broadband mobile, the slower it gets esp in large neighbourhood where all the mf tether fully their 12gb free data.

Now i just use my wifi. But then wifi also very slow.
 

EPYJ86

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
0
hi guys
can share your cellular data settings?
Settings - Network - Cellular Data Network

I just called singtel, CSO told me to change my setting
previously:
APN: 65-ideas
username & password : 65ideas
to change to:
APN: internet
username: 65IDEAS
password: IDEAS

but no improvement, he said to wait til tomorrow, if still got issue, he told me to bring down my sim to comcenter

Im using this settings. Just did a speed test on my phone. Getting 556kbps for dwnl, 346kbps for upld. Using Singtel iFlexi plan. So slow... Haiz.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top