[Software Update] iOS 10.0.1 Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjkb230

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
75
I can live with it for the swipe to unlock
But the biggest complaint is the new music player app, it's worse than iOS 9 one. Now can't even show the lyrics and the words are so big... :s22::s22:
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121
Really dislike the fact that I can't swipe to unlock. Its like a habit i can't break.

In any case, to me personally, the new OS works ok on my 5S. No complains whatsoever. Can't tell if batt drain is worsen .. feels similar to me.
 

wibawa

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
But for non Touch ID products like iPad mini 2?
being force to click and reduce the life cycle of the button really sux.

now need to think of a way to downgrade it

I find I'm likely to access recently used apps, so I enable siri app suggestion and to unlock you just need to tap on the siri app suggestion widget on the app I want to use. Same with notification/messages, you can tap on the messages then unlock either by touch id or password.
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,481
Reaction score
11
ok so I just completed update for my Iphone 6 and iPad mini

One thing is iPad mini it seem need to press the home button to unlock

yes I know you can use touch id just that my parents using it so I don't want to make it kinda complicated despite they also know use touch id

but if iPad can't like detect a few time will ask for pass words. same like on iPhone.

that why I remove it

ok last time you just turn on , swip to access inside now need to press the home button to access for iPad

for iPhone I already tested same like last time just touch id and access without pressing the home button.


I see the layout , colour kinda like they want to make it suit for Jet black , black iPhone 7 , 7+

it does look kinda cool all black just highlight the apps as your iPhone 7 is black if you using black.

perhaps?


correct lol I just noticed iPhone also need to press home button
 
Last edited:
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,481
Reaction score
11
Really dislike the fact that I can't swipe to unlock. Its like a habit i can't break.

In any case, to me personally, the new OS works ok on my 5S. No complains whatsoever. Can't tell if batt drain is worsen .. feels similar to me.

:(

they will like force you upgrade just matter of time. Perhaps next major update your 5 s can't update and some app can't use beside those new app.

just like what I using last time iPhone 4 , serve me well ...only home button spoil

but as they launch new phones over the years , finally one major IOS update come my iPhone 4 can't update liao , also new app can't download as it claim can't work on iPhone 4

so LL I go upgrade to iPhone 6
 

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2015
Messages
2,907
Reaction score
120
Is there a way to turn off their new advanced face recognition and object and scene recognition features for photos? And do these features apply for videos as well?
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
Noticed this early this morning.

Select a folder and once it opens, have to wait about half a second before able to swipe to the next page of the folder. Not lag just a slow down that is similar to the iOS 7 when you unlock your phone have to wait for the animation to complete before the screen became responsive. :s22:

Not sure if it's my SE or anyone else experienced it?
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,797
Reaction score
277
Is there a way to turn off their new advanced face recognition and object and scene recognition features for photos? And do these features apply for videos as well?

Don't think you can turn it off but I realised that if you never click on it even once, they did not start scanning.

Videos are scanned too
 

LOLLIPOPPY

Master Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
3,984
Reaction score
0
being force to click and reduce the life cycle of the button really sux.

now need to think of a way to downgrade it

Don't understand why people so afraid to click the home button. Are you gonna use your phone for the next 10 years? Buttons after iPhone 5 don't have problems anymore.
 

tansux

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2010
Messages
25,242
Reaction score
173
Don't understand why people so afraid to click the home button. Are you gonna use your phone for the next 10 years? Buttons after iPhone 5 don't have problems anymore.

yes, i m going to do that for as long as i can, i dont see the point of having to upgrade my device to ipad pro, ipad air 3 etc. its not even afraid or not. it's my user preference. Don't understand why people care so much about other user's preference
 

PumpkinX

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2005
Messages
799
Reaction score
0
Sorry if this has been asked. How do you quick reply to whatsapp, SMS, iMessages or WeChat? Before iOS 10 I can pull the notification tab down to start replying. Now I notice I can't do that. I am using iPhone 6 Plus btw.
 

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
18,326
Reaction score
255
Sorry if this has been asked. How do you quick reply to whatsapp, SMS, iMessages or WeChat? Before iOS 10 I can pull the notification tab down to start replying. Now I notice I can't do that. I am using iPhone 6 Plus btw.

U pull the tab, is there any messages there?

If yes, press down on the message using forcetouch. The messge will popup for u to reply or read. If u only wanna read, pull it downwards n message will b kept away
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top