[Software Update] iOS 10.0.1 Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,797
Reaction score
277
What is the use of raise to wake?

Well some people wanna see their notification on their lockscreen. But the touch id is so fast that the moment they click onto the home button, the phone goes into the home screen. So a raise to wake, and also click to home, allows this group of people to see the notification.

Thankfully they have options to disable both as not everyone likes it
 

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2000
Messages
33,255
Reaction score
766
Well some people wanna see their notification on their lockscreen. But the touch id is so fast that the moment they click onto the home button, the phone goes into the home screen. So a raise to wake, and also click to home, allows this group of people to see the notification.

Thankfully they have options to disable both as not everyone likes it

Ya. I don't like it. Screen keeps turn on and off whenever I picked up the phone. And I suspect this feature may be the cause of the battery drain.
 

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2000
Messages
33,255
Reaction score
766
I'm trying out the multilingual typing in English and Mandarin in iOS10 (not all languages are supported but Chinese is) but it's not working. We are not supposed to need to press that globe icon anymore in this version.


I tried removing every language keyboard (and order and region) except Eng and Ch but it doesn't work either.

Is it?? How do we switch languages then?
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
Ya. I don't like it. Screen keeps turn on and off whenever I picked up the phone. And I suspect this feature may be the cause of the battery drain.
It should contribute to battery drain. Some sensor(S) will have to be active perpetually so that the device knows it is being 'raised'.

I just realised iOS 10 still doesn't have smart notification system... Like for example, if I dismiss or read the notification on another device, say another phone/tablet/computer, the notification doesn't automatically dismiss..... Still gotta manually dismiss it. This is really a bane for OCD people like me. Haha
 

jq75

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2000
Messages
143,051
Reaction score
5,007
Anyone have this issue?

Using iPhone 5 with ios 10.
Sometime the screen become unresponsive.
Click on icon nothing happen.
Need to power off screen and power it back the screen come back alive.

Is it a bug?

Experienced this too. As well as battery 'drain'
 

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,097
Reaction score
13
Is it just me or when u browse websites on safari & type in a forum for e.g. the screen no longer moves to the right or left as you sentence gets longer.
 

RyoHarusaki

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
10,194
Reaction score
443
Wechat cannot reply instantly from lockscreen or notification screen.

Need wait for wechat update
 

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
17,102
Reaction score
5,954
Is it just me or when u browse websites on safari & type in a forum for e.g. the screen no longer moves to the right or left as you sentence gets longer.

Yep. Experienced this too. Quite irritating
 

aptget

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2001
Messages
8,427
Reaction score
1
anyone have photos memories problem? i have over ten thousands photos but my memories only shows like 2-3 of it. I travelled a lot so there are many trips but none of it were shown...

I think it's time for you to backup your pictures. Imagine having a totally full bag and carrying around day in and out, give yourself (and your bag) a break
 

kurenai

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
8,361
Reaction score
56
how come i connect phone to windows PC, the photos folder does not show up? every difficult to transfer work related photos...:s12:
 

kianzzz

Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
228
Reaction score
0
Anyone having problem backing up? Keep saying my computer is full when there is still space available. TIA
 

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
38,501
Reaction score
12
Once u connected, check the phone, there is a prompt asking you to allow to access the photo and videos folder.

how come i connect phone to windows PC, the photos folder does not show up? every difficult to transfer work related photos...:s12:
 

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
11,254
Reaction score
4
I think it's time for you to backup your pictures. Imagine having a totally full bag and carrying around day in and out, give yourself (and your bag) a break

It's always backed up though. Hahaha I believe there's many others who have more photos than me. I just prefer not to remove any even after backing up.
 

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
38,501
Reaction score
12
Can't get it work as well

I'm trying out the multilingual typing in English and Mandarin in iOS10 (not all languages are supported but Chinese is) but it's not working. We are not supposed to need to press that globe icon anymore in this version.


I tried removing every language keyboard (and order and region) except Eng and Ch but it doesn't work either.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top