Sony TV Discussion Thread III

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
So for 55”, KD55X750H Is most value for money ? Any owner can share the experience? Thank you.

Im using the 49X7500H, only complain is that the blacks are damn black. Perhaps getting IPS like X8000H may be a better idea even though black might seem a little greyish but it would be brighter. I set the black level to max, still quite hard to see dark scenes.
 

homedriver

Master Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2004
Messages
3,448
Reaction score
212

homedriver

Master Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2004
Messages
3,448
Reaction score
212
Im using the 49X7500H, only complain is that the blacks are damn black. Perhaps getting IPS like X8000H may be a better idea even though black might seem a little greyish but it would be brighter. I set the black level to max, still quite hard to see dark scenes.

Thanks. So I might consider X8000H.
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
I’m looking to get a Sony 65X90H and would like to know a few details for peeps who has this TV:

- what is the android version on this TV now?
- is the android interface the latest one like the Google TV or is it still the old interface?
 

VideoOne2

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
1,560
Reaction score
11
I’m looking to get a Sony 65X90H and would like to know a few details for peeps who has this TV:

- what is the android version on this TV now?
- is the android interface the latest one like the Google TV or is it still the old interface?

I do not own the x90H.

it should be Android 9. according to rtings. you can see the google playstore image in rtings site.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900h

Latest APAC version firmware fix is dated 03/03/2001.
https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics...h_xh92xx-series/kd-65x9000h/software/00257469


The new Google TV aka "Android 10" will be on the 2021 J model. H is 2020 model.
And hopefully to be made available to existing Pie 9 users by the end of the year. I am just wishing here :)
 
Last edited:

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Hey peeps! I’m in a dilemma and need help from you guys to help with my decision.

Should I get the 65X950G (2019) or 65X900H (2020)? I don’t intend to use it for gaming and would be used for watching free-to-air channels as well as paid streaming services.

Would you guys go for the newer model but lack the brightness in HDR or older model but has much superior brightness in HDR? Why?
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Hey peeps! I’m in a dilemma and need help from you guys to help with my decision.

Should I get the 65X950G (2019) or 65X900H (2020)? I don’t intend to use it for gaming and would be used for watching free-to-air channels as well as paid streaming services.

Would you guys go for the newer model but lack the brightness in HDR or older model but has much superior brightness in HDR? Why?

cost delta is like $600 or 25% more. I will spec 25% more benefits, they way you explain it is like min like 5% delta. if so I go for X950G.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x950g-vs-sony-x900h/764/12284
 

kmchow98

Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
129
Reaction score
4
Hey peeps! I’m in a dilemma and need help from you guys to help with my decision.

Should I get the 65X950G (2019) or 65X900H (2020)? I don’t intend to use it for gaming and would be used for watching free-to-air channels as well as paid streaming services.

Would you guys go for the newer model but lack the brightness in HDR or older model but has much superior brightness in HDR? Why?

A good picture goes a long way. So I would pick the X950G over the 900H.
60 fps for console gaming isn't bad if you ever want to game with it.
 

VideoOne2

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
1,560
Reaction score
11
Hey peeps! I’m in a dilemma and need help from you guys to help with my decision.

Should I get the 65X950G (2019) or 65X900H (2020)? I don’t intend to use it for gaming and would be used for watching free-to-air channels as well as paid streaming services.

Would you guys go for the newer model but lack the brightness in HDR or older model but has much superior brightness in HDR? Why?


i would wait for a few months and look at J series.

As smart TV is evolving and new tech keep coming in, i would not go for older models. I am not saying new models can last a lifetime but atleast there is a certain window (of a few years) to enjoy what is available. It can be anything.

Don't cry foul when your older TV do not get firmware update support from Sony. It is quite the norm for manufacturer to support a particular model for a few years only.

Just my personal opinion.
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
cost delta is like $600 or 25% more. I will spec 25% more benefits, they way you explain it is like min like 5% delta. if so I go for X950G.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x950g-vs-sony-x900h/764/12284

QUOTE=kmchow98;132948878]A good picture goes a long way. So I would pick the X950G over the 900H.
60 fps for console gaming isn't bad if you ever want to game with it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the valuable feedback guys. The X950G will not have 4K120Hz, ALLM and VRR unlike the X900H which is a bummer. WHY SONY?!

The only real concern I’m afraid is the software update which will Sony might stop a year earlier given that X950G is one generation lower. (At least it can be flashed to X950H firmware to continue with the future updates if needed)
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
i would wait for a few months and look at J series.

As smart TV is evolving and new tech keep coming in, i would not go for older models. I am not saying new models can last a lifetime but atleast there is a certain window (of a few years) to enjoy what is available. It can be anything.

Don't cry foul when your older TV do not get firmware update support from Sony. It is quite the norm for manufacturer to support a particular model for a few years only.

Just my personal opinion.

Yes I certainly get what you mean and it’s a valid concern. I do have my budget which is why I didn’t want to wait for the J series. Else I would have gone with the CX.
 

kmchow98

Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
129
Reaction score
4
Yes I certainly get what you mean and it’s a valid concern. I do have my budget which is why I didn’t want to wait for the J series. Else I would have gone with the CX.

Why not OLED?
I saw it in action in a domestic environment and it really looks good, especially the black.
I'm waiting for the J series, and I will be looking at both the LCD and OLED models.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Thanks for the valuable feedback guys. The X950G will not have 4K120Hz, ALLM and VRR unlike the X900H which is a bummer. WHY SONY?!

The only real concern I’m afraid is the software update which will Sony might stop a year earlier given that X950G is one generation lower. (At least it can be flashed to X950H firmware to continue with the future updates if needed)

U stated below you not playing Games. ALLM and VRR is gaming feature for next gen console. if U not playing games u not using these features.

SW update will definitely stop earlier for older unit that just natural, don't be afraid it is guarantee to happen. if U dont mind paying 25% more money for that peace of mind sure. different ppl put on different value on peace of mind.

FYI: USA X900H just release SW update on 2/22 fix - Improves general performance and stability and enable ATSC 3.0.

Hey peeps! I’m in a dilemma and need help from you guys to help with my decision.

Should I get the 65X950G (2019) or 65X900H (2020)? I don’t intend to use it for gaming and would be used for watching free-to-air channels as well as paid streaming services.

Would you guys go for the newer model but lack the brightness in HDR or older model but has much superior brightness in HDR? Why?
 
Last edited:

petetherock

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
10,208
Reaction score
1,137
I'm using a panel released in 2016, and they are still releasing updates for it.
If TV viewing is your priority rather than functions, then I'll go for the best panel.
If you just want apps, go to a gym, haha!
But seriously, if you really need lots of functions, maybe a TV isn't the solution. There are Andriod boxes and even stuff like Chromecast for it..
 

saj282

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2003
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
3
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top