Sony TV Discussion Thread III

aveone

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Bro, you looking at the 65inch one? Went to courts jus now and they having promo. If I remember correctly is $2699. Then $250 voucher. And sony got trade in promotion.

Yes , the 65 inch one for $2499 ,the extended warranty will be $310. I have BD credit card so will have 3% discount , it will probably be cheaper than Courts.
 
Last edited:

petetherock

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
10,212
Reaction score
1,139
Yes , the 65 inch one for $2499 ,the extended warranty will be $310. I have BD credit card so will have 3% discount , it will probably be cheaper than Courts.

What’s the pricing on a 85”?
Has the VRR and HDMI 2.1 issue been fixed yet ?
 

aveone

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
What’s the pricing on a 85”?
Has the VRR and HDMI 2.1 issue been fixed yet ?

About $6300. I’m not very sure but you can read it up on this website , https://www.rtings.com/tv/discussions/STsNQBSn71CXvOJa/update-not-cancelled-statement-in-description-sony-officially-concedes-vrr-and-allm-is-cancelled
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Does anyone knows if the LG slim wall bracket can be fixed on Sony TV?
 

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,254
Reaction score
5,351
Just curious, anyone here actually encountered the info bar pop up issue, before turning it off using the latest FW? Wow I thought it was a problem with my tv, or avr misfiring signals. Thankfully it was just a bug.
 

Panjang_leg

Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
117
Reaction score
1
jg748Pd

mvF0Spn


Hi guys, I jus receive my Sony X9000H yesterday. Isit normal for the 4 corners to have black/grey color? Very obvious if on white screen
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Anyone managed to get meWatch to run on Sony TV with good resolution? If so, what is the app version?

I have one running quite stable but the resolution is poor because it is in smartphone resolution.
 

VideoOne2

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
1,560
Reaction score
11
Anyone managed to get meWatch to run on Sony TV with good resolution? If so, what is the app version?

I have one running quite stable but the resolution is poor because it is in smartphone resolution.

i dont really watch meWatch but am just curios. I look see at meWatch from DVB-T2. Loading is slow. looking at Jamie: Keep Cooking and Carry On Season 1 Ep1. Looks OK to me. No stats, so I cant tell at what resolution it is playing at. maybe at 720P just guessing only.
 
Last edited:

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,254
Reaction score
5,351
Not sure if I’m all that excited about the new lineups.
The additional processing seems gimmicky... not sure why we need the so called cognitive processing, my preference (maybe I watch too much Vincent) is just to replicate as accurately as possible the “director’s intent’.
So I’m mostly interested in uniformity, contrast, viewing angles, brightness, color gamut and motion handling. The marketing doesn’t seem to offer anything specifically new in those areas. I don’t even know if the light engine offered exceeds the performance of the older backlight master drive.
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Not sure if I’m all that excited about the new lineups.
The additional processing seems gimmicky... not sure why we need the so called cognitive processing, my preference (maybe I watch too much Vincent) is just to replicate as accurately as possible the “director’s intent’.
So I’m mostly interested in uniformity, contrast, viewing angles, brightness, color gamut and motion handling. The marketing doesn’t seem to offer anything specifically new in those areas. I don’t even know if the light engine offered exceeds the performance of the older backlight master drive.

You won’t see a major difference in TV every year. Most of the time, the improved features are just brighter and faster panels, better contrast and so forth.

Unless Micro-LED is here, else every year will just be a minute upgrade. You buy a 2018 TV now, you only lose out in HDMI 2.1 and that’s pretty much it.
 

Panjang_leg

Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
117
Reaction score
1
Yeah it's normal, even the reviews point that out. (under Gray Uniformity)

The sony technician drop by yesterday and I ask him why will be like that but he also can't give a answer, just ask me to go back to dealer. Went back to BD and the sales told me sony warehouse no more stock so cannot do exchange. Recommend me to change to other brand
 

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,254
Reaction score
5,351
You won’t see a major difference in TV every year. Most of the time, the improved features are just brighter and faster panels, better contrast and so forth.

Unless Micro-LED is here, else every year will just be a minute upgrade. You buy a 2018 TV now, you only lose out in HDMI 2.1 and that’s pretty much it.
Technically it should be possible to progress on led front using more zones with mini leds.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top