Toader
Master Member
- Joined
- Dec 4, 2006
- Messages
- 3,673
- Reaction score
- 882
From this video can see photography pro has new update! (the MR function memory recall if not wrong )

Some will hiam 1080p screen and lack of wireless charging. But yeah, if you feel that it's worth the price you're paying, then go for it. It's your money after all.
Haha, don't get me wrong. I'm not dissing this phone. In fact, I think that Sony finally got their strategy right with this one (pricing included). What I'm saying is that there's no phone that will please everyone. Some like big phones, some like compact ones, some like fully specced out phones, some just need entry level specs for their daily driver. What you think is important and worth paying money for, will be different from someone else.I would have thought nobody is taking issues with smaller display phones that has over 400 ppi density.
Sure, there is the 4K display on the Xperia 1 II, but not sure how anyone will also comment on the price again, without basis or comparison sake.
I would just like to hear some frank and objective opinions if you can find a better specification phone at a competitive or lower price, but nevermind.
![]()
Haha, don't get me wrong. I'm not dissing this phone. In fact, I think that Sony finally got their strategy right with this one (pricing included). What I'm saying is that there's no phone that will please everyone. Some like big phones, some like compact ones, some like fully specced out phones, some just need entry level specs for their daily driver. What you think is important and worth paying money for, will be different from someone else.
For comparison's sake, some might even say that the Poco F2 Pro has similar specs but priced cheaper. Of course one can always argue the merits of the 5ii are worth the additional premium in price. At the end of the day, it boils down to what you're looking for in a phone and what trade-offs you're willing to accept. Cheers!
No problem, if there is a better phone for comparison it is better for all consumers.
Poco F2 Pro is a great phone for the price. But I think it is more suitable for comparison with Xperia 1 II, due to the bigger size in display.
Even so, the xiaomi phone has bigger battery for longer usage but would be lose out in terms of display resolution, memory card slot and dust/water resistant. It certainly is a good choice for those who wants flagship experience with flagship price.
But those looking for fuller package with smaller display and don't mind the flagship price, it will be this phone.
anyone know what is the price in sg?
In the U.S., the Xperia 5 II will be available unlocked in black and comes equipped with Android™ 10. The Xperia 5 II will be available for pre-order for about $950 on September 29, 2020 and ships to customers on December 4, 2020.
https://www.dpreview.com/news/33759...ly-cheaper-xperia-1-ii-with-4k-120p-recording

That is so late. Everyone and their cousins will be buying overpriced fruity phones by then.![]()
honestly fruity phones aren't as overpriced by now since Android phone are getting more expensive...
iPhone 11 are even cheaper than most Android higher-mid/flagship but it comes with flagship processor and guarantee at least 4 years of software update making it a way more attractive deal..
That is so late. Everyone and their cousins will be buying overpriced fruity phones by then.![]()


Anyone know does xperia 5ii comes with LED notification light too?
I am keen to know too. I couldn't find any official info for this, though in Wikipedia, the answer is YES.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Xperia_5_II
honestly fruity phones aren't as overpriced by now since Android phone are getting more expensive...
iPhone 11 are even cheaper than most Android higher-mid/flagship but it comes with flagship processor and guarantee at least 4 years of software update making it a way more attractive deal..
Well if I am not wrong, that is last year's offering and the real flagship set is pro max at about 1.8k to 2k from official retail source.
I am not sure how anyone thinks this kind of pricing is cheaper, considering even their smaller sibling cost about 1.2k to 1.4k and is already one year old with 3/4 of battery compared to the bigger one.
If you are thinking about the old phones, then Xperia 5 is available at retail for about 1k. Cheaper or expensive, you decide.
Different OS, there can be no proper comparisons to be made since the fruity brand never have memory card slot, always smaller battery sizes and lower RAM than android brands.
You can get a iphone 11 brand new now for less than $1K. S$800 plus for the smallest storage. Xperia 5 can be purchase brand new for under $1K now too.
Go up one tier, you can get the iphone 11 pro/pro max brand new from S$1.1k. At the same price range, you can get a brand new Xperia 1 too.
They are price similarly.
I think you are talking about "2nd hand market" not those directly from the retail shop.. technically if they open the seal infront of you, yes it is conside "new"
Pro Max at least 1.6k brand new from retail