Sony Xperia IV

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Any word on when in June it will be released here? Mid-June still very vague leh.
Delivery state before 13 June. Likely its the date. But there's cases of late delivery (during COVID19 period I ordered earbuds . )

chooyoshi

Reaction score
Was actually set on getting the S22 Ultra before I saw the news today. Now I am torn. Any advice to help me make a decision? Currently using a S9+ and definitely changing my phone before going on holiday in June. So assuming the 1iv is released early-mid June, I have a tough decision to make.

By the way did Sony announce how many years of updates they will commit to?
I asked sony Westgate. Told me if you pre-order, the first stocks will come from 2nd June onwards

omelet

Reaction score
Only saw dummy unit so far...hope to be able to see working demo unit first.
Might still go with purple.

mortpenguin

Reaction score
I asked sony Westgate. Told me if you pre-order, the first stocks will come from 2nd June onwards
Thanks for the info! I bit the bullet and preordered! Figured the price is actually around the same as a 512GB S22 Ultra and I think I'll enjoy shooting with the Xperia more. Hopefully no major launch issues with the phone! 🤞

chooyoshi

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I bit the bullet and preordered! Figured the price is actually around the same as a 512GB S22 Ultra and I think I'll enjoy shooting with the Xperia more. Hopefully no major launch issues with the phone! 🤞
Where are you going for Vacation? It would serve as a great potential to unleash the potential of the xperia.

Are you selling away the speaker on carousell?

Technically the price of the s22 ultra 512gb has dropped, is around $1600. But it lacks headphone jack and microsd

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Black or purple? I ordered purple. 🥰🥰

mortpenguin

Reaction score
Black or purple? I ordered purple. 🥰🥰
Black haha! I wish there were the lighter colours available.

Where are you going for Vacation? It would serve as a great potential to unleash the potential of the xperia.

Are you selling away the speaker on carousell?

Technically the price of the s22 ultra 512gb has dropped, is around $1600. But it lacks headphone jack and microsd
Oh is it? I saw on the Samsung website it's still 1988. But yeah the microsd slot and 3.5mm jack are the huge draws, gives me the flexibility so I don't need to use my ear buds all the time. And I'm still a huge proponent of wired earphones and their audio quality.

I'm headed to New York, so it will be the best place to try out street photography, especially with the telephoto lens :)

Yeah I know I could sell the speaker and recoup a bit, but it seems like a decent one to keep though? Hahaha

gws898

Reaction score
Oh is it? I saw on the Samsung website it's still 1988. But yeah the microsd slot and 3.5mm jack are the huge draws, gives me the flexibility so I don't need to use my ear buds all the time. And I'm still a huge proponent of wired earphones and their audio quality.
Those street shops at bugis like red white mobile or mobile hardware sell at these prices.

Kitaro9202

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe when release mobile square should be selling cheaper also not sure will they sell not

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
Dummy sets (non working) black n purple avail at NEX.

Color tones similar to mkiii. At straight angle, the purple looks more like grey, only can see more purple at an angle. The black at straight angle looks matt lighter shade of black, at an angle the black becomes darker.

omelet

Reaction score
Dummy sets (non working) black n purple avail at NEX.

Color tones similar to mkiii. At straight angle, the purple looks more like grey, only can see more purple at an angle. The black at straight angle looks matt lighter shade of black, at an angle the black becomes darker.
Seem like got a bit of glitter for the back. Hopefully got working demo set soon.

mortpenguin

Reaction score

Why is it that the Asian reviews are so much more detailed and present more useful information hahaha.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.