Starhub Giga

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,354
Reaction score
3,713
I suspect those with port in problems are M1 numbers. I know of at least 3 cases with problems. All M1. Including me.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,354
Reaction score
3,713
Yes, and left a message as well. But so far not solved, and near impossible to speak with the live agent again.

Have to wait a few min to connect to live agent. U sure you connect to live agent and was not talking to Gino ?
 

Iyarash11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2019
Messages
10,319
Reaction score
1,267
They want to start billing customer from FEB this year. But till now no further news.

Think they are not ready as of now.

their signal in the tunnel not ready where got cheek to bill :s13:
 

artemov

Banned
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
63
Have to wait a few min to connect to live agent. U sure you connect to live agent and was not talking to Gino ?

Yes live agent, over a period of a week, not just a few minutes.

Yes M1 number. Went down to M1 to check. They said everything released nicely.
 

innocent2000

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Does Giga have a data speed cap? Eg: 1st 3GB at 4G speed, thereafter at network managed speed? If I'm on the 25GB plan, is all 25GB at 4G speeds?
 

tanchoo1

Master Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
687
Does Giga have a data speed cap? Eg: 1st 3GB at 4G speed, thereafter at network managed speed? If I'm on the 25GB plan, is all 25GB at 4G speeds?



All your data is at 4G speeds. If you run out, you run out and have to purchase additional data bundles.
 

cheery

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
4
Hi. I assisted my mother to apply for Giga.

Intending to port over from M1. But was told there's no proration for the $10 5gb plan we have applied for.

Delivery is Monday afternoon. Is there anything I can do to try to minimize the lost of days?

Also I myself is going to port over from Starhub this month end. Should I apply for the Giga plan on 28th Feb and delivery on 29th? Have to activate the port over on 29th or 1st Mar?

Thanks.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,354
Reaction score
3,713
Hi. I assisted my mother to apply for Giga.

Intending to port over from M1. But was told there's no proration for the $10 5gb plan we have applied for.

Delivery is Monday afternoon. Is there anything I can do to try to minimize the lost of days?

Also I myself is going to port over from Starhub this month end. Should I apply for the Giga plan on 28th Feb and delivery on 29th? Have to activate the port over on 29th or 1st Mar?

Thanks.

There is no proration but you don't really lose out. Billing cycle starts on activation. You can choose to port in right away or later using the app.

My case is that I signed up and collected card on 29 Nov at IT Fair. I activated card on 1 Dec (because I wanted billing cycle to coincide with calendar mth) and used the Giga number. My second charge was on 1 Jan. I requested for port over from M1 on 10 Jan.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
How is network for giga? I also planning to switch from Singtel to Giga.

While I find no issues with Giga's network, you should ask your friend or colleagues who has Starhub mobile lines in your areas.
 
Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,354
Reaction score
3,713
Giga is good in that it allows you to port over anytime you want. So can sign up for the $10 plan which is not expensive to test out around the areas you go to.

I don't see any restriction by them on termination just that there is no refund for unused period so min will be 1 mth.

If you are happy, port over. If not happy terminate before next mth billing.

Do note that you will need to submit the cancellation request at least 5 working days before your next renewal cycle.
 
Last edited:

cheery

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
4
There is no proration but you don't really lose out. Billing cycle starts on activation. You can choose to port in right away or later using the app.

My case is that I signed up and collected card on 29 Nov at IT Fair. I activated card on 1 Dec (because I wanted billing cycle to coincide with calendar mth) and used the Giga number. My second charge was on 1 Jan. I requested for port over from M1 on 10 Jan.


Thanks.


So that means for my mother's case, we can choose to activate the sim card and porting over on 1st March instead.


Will check with her what she prefer. Still continue use M1 line till 29th..then activate Giga sim card then port over or close one eye and just port over asap.
 
Last edited:

foker

Master Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2000
Messages
4,135
Reaction score
0
What do I need if I want to connect this to my home router to be used as WiFi?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top