Starhub Giga

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,355
Reaction score
3,713
Just to share my exp as I ported over this month from SH. I used M1, SH, St before. Sign up with port-in request with 5gb plan.

1) Didn't get the sim next day which I tot was one of their selling point. It was not free either. Signed up ard 5+pm on 10 Feb (Mon) n couldn't find a slot to receive next day. Spoke to the agent, claimed the slot is full so only got it on 12 Feb. Dissapointed....

2) Activated my sim on 12 Feb ard 11pm thinking port-in will activate the next day as they promise but rcv sms on 13 Feb 8+am saying port in will be on next day. Faint. But my SH network stopped working on 13 Feb around 10+pm. I suspect SH only cancelled on 14 Feb cos I rcv sms saying cancellation of some services on 14 Feb.

Regarding 2, this is in their FAQ :

https://giga.com.sg/FAQs_Details.aspx?FaqCategoryName=Porting-in&FaqCategoryId=16

Will I encounter any service disruption when my number is being ported over to giga network?
The port in process is scheduled between 10pm to 2am daily except for Sundays and public holidays to minimize even the slightest service disruption that may happen.

You requested at 11pm hence it is too late for port in same night to be ready next day. Giga should have indicated clearly that request received by XXX will be completed by next day.

On the other hand, you seem to be overconfident by putting in requests so late. If it is important that something must be done by the next day, try to do it earlier.
 

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,197
Reaction score
2,203
for delay port in, do I select get new no. or port in?
 

cheery

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
4
To port in later (not the next day), CSO told me has to sign up as new customer first. Then if wanna port in some days later, then activate port in in GIGA app.

Forgot if can delay activate the new sim as a new customer... do check with the CSO on live chat before you sign up!
 

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
5,692
Reaction score
203
for delay port in, do I select get new no. or port in?

For delay Port in, select get new number. And you will use the new number until such time that you decide to Port. Then your original number will replace the selected number l, but you will still use the new sim card.
 

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,197
Reaction score
2,203
thanks meekia!

is there any promo code that I can use?
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,529
Reaction score
2,863
Just to share my exp as I ported over this month from SH. I used M1, SH, St before. Sign up with port-in request with 5gb plan.

1) Didn't get the sim next day which I tot was one of their selling point. It was not free either. Signed up ard 5+pm on 10 Feb (Mon) n couldn't find a slot to receive next day. Spoke to the agent, claimed the slot is full so only got it on 12 Feb. Dissapointed....

2) Activated my sim on 12 Feb ard 11pm thinking port-in will activate the next day as they promise but rcv sms on 13 Feb 8+am saying port in will be on next day. Faint. But my SH network stopped working on 13 Feb around 10+pm. I suspect SH only cancelled on 14 Feb cos I rcv sms saying cancellation of some services on 14 Feb.

3) So it seems I will be double-charged on 12&13 even though effectively its only abt 1-2hrs of service from giga.🙄

Not to mention hopeless customer service as u r likely talking to robots or agents who are same as robots whom can't really offer true assistance.

Hi bro, I'm facing the same issue as you. The problem is telcos always say port after contract end (I asked so many times already) but in actual fact, the port should take place on end date not after.

The problem is the criteria on any telco for porting always states the previous contract should have ended. To make it worse, charging can either start after port or activation, this is causing the big confusion.

Charges should start after port and not activation but it doesn't seem to be the case.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Is Giga in 4G or LTE nextwoork?

In Singapore terms, there is only 4g or 4g+.
Yes, my phone on giga can get 4g+ most places, drops to 4g occasionally due to poor reception.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,355
Reaction score
3,713
Hi bro, I'm facing the same issue as you. The problem is telcos always say port after contract end (I asked so many times already) but in actual fact, the port should take place on end date not after.

The problem is the criteria on any telco for porting always states the previous contract should have ended. To make it worse, charging can either start after port or activation, this is causing the big confusion.

Charges should start after port and not activation but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Charges are based on activation and not based on port-in because you can use with new number without port-in or choose to port-in later.
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,529
Reaction score
2,863
Charges are based on activation and not based on port-in because you can use with new number without port-in or choose to port-in later.

I know, that's the problem I'm saying.

It is required that contracts be completed before porting in but by the time port in happens, there will be double charges.

Like in my case, I'm paying for 4 numbers for 2 days while the porting is being done which is unfair to me.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,355
Reaction score
3,713
I know, that's the problem I'm saying.

It is required that contracts be completed before porting in but by the time port in happens, there will be double charges.

Like in my case, I'm paying for 4 numbers for 2 days while the porting is being done which is unfair to me.

Think of it this way. You save monthly charges from now on. For me it is a big saving. From $29 to $10.

What time did you request for port in. Close to or after 10pm ?
 

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
5,692
Reaction score
203
I know, that's the problem I'm saying.

It is required that contracts be completed before porting in but by the time port in happens, there will be double charges.

Like in my case, I'm paying for 4 numbers for 2 days while the porting is being done which is unfair to me.

Funny that this is your personal problem but you make it seems like the telco has to base their policy around you.

How about you just sign up a few days before your contract end, get hold of the card, the activate + apply for Port in once your contract expires?
 

cruizer_ph

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
2,170
Reaction score
27
what I did was I got my Giga sim card (paid for it) ahead of time but I only activated it on the day my contract with my current telco ends. (so the next day, no more contract) then I selected using the Giga app to port in the following day. it did as advertised, then goodbye old telco...

so the most I "lost" by having two phone subscriptions active was just a day or so. not bad.
 

BeefCutlet

Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
1
what I did was I got my Giga sim card (paid for it) ahead of time but I only activated it on the day my contract with my current telco ends. (so the next day, no more contract) then I selected using the Giga app to port in the following day. it did as advertised, then goodbye old telco...

so the most I "lost" by having two phone subscriptions active was just a day or so. not bad.

So between requesting from Sim and actually activating it, how many days can pass?

:s11:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top