Starhub Giga

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,195
Reaction score
2,203
hi, I have a contract expiring on 21 Mar.

can I sign up for a giga plan to test out the coverage?

if it's good, I'll port over on 21 Mar.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
hi, I have a contract expiring on 21 Mar.

can I sign up for a giga plan to test out the coverage?

if it's good, I'll port over on 21 Mar.

Check the last few pages, some users reportedly activate port over at a later date.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,732
Reaction score
2,326
hi, I have a contract expiring on 21 Mar.

can I sign up for a giga plan to test out the coverage?

if it's good, I'll port over on 21 Mar.
Yes of course, port over or cancel the line if the coverage isn't good for you, only pay for first month.
 

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,195
Reaction score
2,203
thanks xonix and Crystal.

hee sorry I forgot to browse before asking.
 

xxxjhxxx

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2007
Messages
2,784
Reaction score
10
help!! i realised i cannot send SMS to those banking services like 7xxxx . SMS to mobiles is working fine. Anyone knows whats wrong?


Realised some pple successfully sent out SMS to 5 digit numbers. How did you all do it?
 
Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,354
Reaction score
3,713
I have been sending to 77767 (POSB SMS banking) without problems.
 

choqolat

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
help!! i realised i cannot send SMS to those banking services like 7xxxx . SMS to mobiles is working fine. Anyone knows whats wrong?


Realised some pple successfully sent out SMS to 5 digit numbers. How did you all do it?
Used to have the same problem as well. Raise a ticket with them regarding this issue and they'll get back to you. IIRC it was a tech problem on their end
 

happiee

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
480
Reaction score
13
Just to share my exp as I ported over this month from SH. I used M1, SH, St before. Sign up with port-in request with 5gb plan.

1) Didn't get the sim next day which I tot was one of their selling point. It was not free either. Signed up ard 5+pm on 10 Feb (Mon) n couldn't find a slot to receive next day. Spoke to the agent, claimed the slot is full so only got it on 12 Feb. Dissapointed....

2) Activated my sim on 12 Feb ard 11pm thinking port-in will activate the next day as they promise but rcv sms on 13 Feb 8+am saying port in will be on next day. Faint. But my SH network stopped working on 13 Feb around 10+pm. I suspect SH only cancelled on 14 Feb cos I rcv sms saying cancellation of some services on 14 Feb.

3) So it seems I will be double-charged on 12&13 even though effectively its only abt 1-2hrs of service from giga.🙄

4) I m trying to save up my data to be rolled over but there seems to be a monster eating up the data unknowingly. Today it says I m left with 4.5 gig but I really hardly use it. I was on SH sim-only plan b4 converting. I was using it definitely more intensively but the data was depleting much slower. I typically only use 1-3G per mth. Checked the phone data usage details, it shows giga app consuming 50mb n Internet 300+Mb. Considering I m o ly effectively using this from 14th Feb n on super limited basis since I m using another phone to surf, I wonder where did my 500mb went to?
I m using M1 prepaid on another phone. Love their data tracking even better as it is to the 2 Dec places. N the data seem to deplete even slower when I use really intensively. I m starting to doubt the data usage integrity... Not to mention hopeless customer service as u r likely talking to robots or agents who are same as robots whom can't really offer true assistance.
 
Last edited:

Hwsemb

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2018
Messages
245
Reaction score
24
2) Activated my sim on 12 Feb ard 11pm thinking port-in will activate the next day as they promise but rcv sms on 13 Feb 8+am saying port in will be on next day. Faint. But my SH network stopped working on 13 Feb around 10+pm.

Did you monitor when (roughly what time) your Port-in number start to work successfully on your new Giga SIM card?

Is it 14 Feb morning? Or 14 Feb night? (Since you mentioned your SH network stopped working 13 Feb around 10+pm; would like to know how long your old hp no. was made "dormant")


Also, the Giga SIM card cost $2 right?
 

BeefCutlet

Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
1
Just to share my exp as I ported over this month from SH. I used M1, SH, St before. Sign up with port-in request with 5gb plan.

1) Didn't get the sim next day which I tot was one of their selling point. It was not free either. Signed up ard 5+pm on 10 Feb (Mon) n couldn't find a slot to receive next day. Spoke to the agent, claimed the slot is full so only got it on 12 Feb. Dissapointed....

2) Activated my sim on 12 Feb ard 11pm thinking port-in will activate the next day as they promise but rcv sms on 13 Feb 8+am saying port in will be on next day. Faint. But my SH network stopped working on 13 Feb around 10+pm. I suspect SH only cancelled on 14 Feb cos I rcv sms saying cancellation of some services on 14 Feb.

3) So it seems I will be double-charged on 12&13 even though effectively its only abt 1-2hrs of service from giga.🙄

4) I m trying to save up my data to be rolled over but there seems to be a monster eating up the data unknowingly. Today it says I m left with 4.5 gig but I really hardly use it. I was on SH sim-only plan b4 converting. I was using it definitely more intensively but the data was depleting much slower. I typically only use 1-3G per mth. Checked the phone data usage details, it shows giga app consuming 50mb n Internet 300+Mb. Considering I m o ly effectively using this from 14th Feb n on super limited basis since I m using another phone to surf, I wonder where did my 500mb went to?
I m using M1 prepaid on another phone. Love their data tracking even better as it is to the 2 Dec places. N the data seem to deplete even slower when I use really intensively. I m starting to doubt the data usage integrity... Not to mention hopeless customer service as u r likely talking to robots or agents who are same as robots whom can't really offer true assistance.

Wah... they use their giga app to suck the data out??? 500mb for that is crazy
 

cruizer_ph

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
2,170
Reaction score
27
I think the Giga port in (in my case) started working after midnight. Exactly what time I do not know, but when I woke up in the morning, the old sim no longer had a signal.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
I think the Giga port in (in my case) started working after midnight. Exactly what time I do not know, but when I woke up in the morning, the old sim no longer had a signal.

Nowadays pretty much all telcos do the port-in process after midnight to minimise the impact to customers.
 

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2020
Messages
8,670
Reaction score
2,640
Just to share my exp as I ported over this month from SH. I used M1, SH, St before. Sign up with port-in request with 5gb plan.

1) Didn't get the sim next day which I tot was one of their selling point. It was not free either. Signed up ard 5+pm on 10 Feb (Mon) n couldn't find a slot to receive next day. Spoke to the agent, claimed the slot is full so only got it on 12 Feb. Dissapointed....

2) Activated my sim on 12 Feb ard 11pm thinking port-in will activate the next day as they promise but rcv sms on 13 Feb 8+am saying port in will be on next day. Faint. But my SH network stopped working on 13 Feb around 10+pm. I suspect SH only cancelled on 14 Feb cos I rcv sms saying cancellation of some services on 14 Feb.

3) So it seems I will be double-charged on 12&13 even though effectively its only abt 1-2hrs of service from giga.🙄

4) I m trying to save up my data to be rolled over but there seems to be a monster eating up the data unknowingly. Today it says I m left with 4.5 gig but I really hardly use it. I was on SH sim-only plan b4 converting. I was using it definitely more intensively but the data was depleting much slower. I typically only use 1-3G per mth. Checked the phone data usage details, it shows giga app consuming 50mb n Internet 300+Mb. Considering I m o ly effectively using this from 14th Feb n on super limited basis since I m using another phone to surf, I wonder where did my 500mb went to?
I m using M1 prepaid on another phone. Love their data tracking even better as it is to the 2 Dec places. N the data seem to deplete even slower when I use really intensively. I m starting to doubt the data usage integrity... Not to mention hopeless customer service as u r likely talking to robots or agents who are same as robots whom can't really offer true assistance.

It's a bad thing if Giga internet data depleted faster than ST or M1, this is really unfair for users.

Any other users of Giga and Gomo notice fast data consumption?
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,250
Reaction score
9,011
It's a bad thing if Giga internet data depleted faster than ST or M1, this is really unfair for users.

Any other users of Giga and Gomo notice fast data consumption?

check ur phone which app is sucking data. iphones can see under setting. android dunno can or not but should have app out there to monitor.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
no problem with "data sucking"...check your phone setting..maybe you are allowing your phone to update apps over data or did you tether to another phone which assume you are on wifi and do auto update also ?
 

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2020
Messages
8,670
Reaction score
2,640
check ur phone which app is sucking data. iphones can see under setting. android dunno can or not but should have app out there to monitor.

I know about the phone built-in function to monitor individual app data usage.

There are FB comments that Giga data consumption is faster even when the person is using the same apps all the time.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top