crystalnox
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Feb 2, 2006
- Messages
- 8,735
- Reaction score
- 2,326
Probably 1 working day.So between requesting from Sim and actually activating it, how many days can pass?
![]()

Probably 1 working day.So between requesting from Sim and actually activating it, how many days can pass?
![]()
Probably 1 working day.
Whops sorry, misread your question. Seems like giga avoids setting a hard dateline even in their FAQ:huh> how can it be... i remember got people even activate it 1 week after receiving
what I did was I got my Giga sim card (paid for it) ahead of time but I only activated it on the day my contract with my current telco ends. (so the next day, no more contract) then I selected using the Giga app to port in the following day. it did as advertised, then goodbye old telco...
so the most I "lost" by having two phone subscriptions active was just a day or so. not bad.
what I did was I got my Giga sim card (paid for it) ahead of time but I only activated it on the day my contract with my current telco ends. (so the next day, no more contract) then I selected using the Giga app to port in the following day. it did as advertised, then goodbye old telco...
so the most I "lost" by having two phone subscriptions active was just a day or so. not bad.
Funny that this is your personal problem but you make it seems like the telco has to base their policy around you.
How about you just sign up a few days before your contract end, get hold of the card, the activate + apply for Port in once your contract expires?

So my post is not about whining, it's amazing why telcos can't just tell me to get the card early and activate it on the day I want after talking to them at least 5 times over 2 months and now it becomes my fault?![]()
Yes, u can use another android phone to activate the line in your folks non-smartphone.Anyone has experience using the giga SIM in senior citizen phone (old school type with buttons).
Was thinking although my parents' senior citizen HPs do not have WIFI/APN, I can still separately use the computer or another smartphone to activate/manage giga over internet browser?
I believe you can. I remember logging onto the giga app on my phone and accidentally activating the sim card before even opening the sim package.Anyone has experience using the giga SIM in senior citizen phone (old school type with buttons).
Was thinking although my parents' senior citizen HPs do not have WIFI/APN, I can still separately use the computer or another smartphone to activate/manage giga over internet browser?
I have not noticed any speed difference switching from Singtel to Giga so I assume that is not true. But then again I'm not running benchmark numbers but just regular usage..Is it true that GIGA 4G is the watered down version of Starhubs 4G?
like the speed is half of starhub
Funny that this is your personal problem but you make it seems like the telco has to base their policy around you.
How about you just sign up a few days before your contract end, get hold of the card, the activate + apply for Port in once your contract expires?
Can hold off activation? My card was like auto activated after 1 day. I was planing to hold till end of month to activate...
Can one port in m1 prepaid no to giga?