Starhub Giga

Cissiboy

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1,663
Reaction score
10
I'm the last who gets upset about data performance on my phone because i use little only and not vital for me...but but but

IT'S REALLY LAGGING NOWADAYS
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
374
No contract... when Giga cannot perform, just jump to next better service provider
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
Now giga come out 8884 series Liao. Not very nice as it got the number 4. 8884 in Cantonese father scare die.
 

guyz92

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
300
For giga! Sim card activation, I want to time the billing cycle at 1st of the month 0000hrs.

After pressing the big Pink Color button, will it activate immediately?
Any other things I need to prepare beforehand?

I want to activate my nice number 888xxx88 before giga! terminate it due to didn't activate within 30 days.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,176
Reaction score
17,440
For giga! Sim card activation, I want to time the billing cycle at 1st of the month 0000hrs.

After pressing the big Pink Color button, will it activate immediately?
Any other things I need to prepare beforehand?

I want to activate my nice number 888xxx88 before giga! terminate it due to didn't activate within 30 days.

Yes, do it at 1st of the month 0000hrs, preferably count 10 to 15 seconds before you press the button.

Cos I encountered once that when I pressed the button at 0000 hours, the giga server time was slow and I got a 23:59 timing and a 31st of the month date.
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
Am I only the one exp no connection when in tunnel?

Did you set Giga APN properly?

The phone auto default to shwap and MiFi auto default to shinternet.
Then connectivity on Giga can be very erratic in both cases.

shwap and shinternet is for StarHub Postpaid customers specifically, shppd for StarHub Prepaid, giga for Giga!. Not sure for redONE, sorry.
 

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
19,943
Reaction score
1,717
Did you set Giga APN properly?

The phone auto default to shwap and MiFi auto default to shinternet.
Then connectivity on Giga can be very erratic in both cases.

shwap and shinternet is for StarHub Postpaid customers specifically, shppd for StarHub Prepaid, giga for Giga!. Not sure for redONE, sorry.

I Using both giga n shwap, which 1 no signal, I change to another.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,176
Reaction score
17,440
Could you please teach me how to sell an unactivated GIGA sim number.
Thanks in advance!

Giga doesn't do transfer of ownership, even for valid reasons like transferring of a deceased person's account. I can attest to that from my experience.

Hence, u need to activate the sim card and let the buyer of your phone number subscribe to a service that supports free transfer of ownership, like Circles or MyRepublic, etc.
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
This is unacceptable.
This telco really anyhow one. Come out so many golden number to spoil market. Now start to ban everyone from porting out.

Giga doesn't do transfer of ownership, even for valid reasons like transferring of a deceased person's account. I can attest to that from my experience.

Hence, u need to activate the sim card and let the buyer of your phone number subscribe to a service that supports free transfer of ownership, like Circles or MyRepublic, etc.
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
374
Wow! signed with giga and cannot port out? Where did you get that from? How come I was able to do that? They give me chance maybe 🤔

This is unacceptable.
This telco really anyhow one. Come out so many golden number to spoil market. Now start to ban everyone from porting out.
 

guyz92

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
300
This is unacceptable.
This telco really anyhow one. Come out so many golden number to spoil market. Now start to ban everyone from porting out.

Really ar??

I sign up 2 nice number, but I only plan to port out 1 to TPG and 1 stay with giga!

Isit got people sign up 10 service without activate any then giga! ban that person??
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
Go under TnC. Recently added in

4.2.2. 8 reselling or providing any part or component of the Services, whether for profit or not, to third parties without our prior written consent;

When you port out
Why you port out
How you port out
Maybe you will need to write your consent form NOW! Not last time ok?

Wow! signed with giga and cannot port out? Where did you get that from? How come I was able to do that? They give me chance maybe 🤔
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top