Starhub Giga

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
This might be one of the case.

On top there is a new added TnC.

Really ar??

I sign up 2 nice number, but I only plan to port out 1 to TPG and 1 stay with giga!

Isit got people sign up 10 service without activate any then giga! ban that person??
 

guyz92

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
300
Go under TnC. Recently added in

4.2.2. 8 reselling or providing any part or component of the Services, whether for profit or not, to third parties without our prior written consent;

When you port out
Why you port out
How you port out
Maybe you will need to write your consent form NOW! Not last time ok?

https://web.archive.org/web/20190707060155/https://giga.com.sg/TnC

Actually that terms and conditions in July 2019 have liao.

I'm suspecting the level 8 phone number should have fully allocated.

I'm wondering will level 7 number be allocated for mobile number or not.
 
Last edited:

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
374
This is unacceptable.
This telco really anyhow one. Come out so many golden number to spoil market. Now start to ban everyone from porting out.

Ban everyone from porting? :(:( really ahh?

Luckily I ported out before the revised T&C
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
Ban everyone from porting? :(:( really ahh?

Luckily I ported out before the revised T&C

Porting out same name -> same name. This is mostly ok.

Porting out yourname -> another name is considered a breach of contact. You might get rejected and worst-case SUSPENSE.
 

corian99

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2018
Messages
55
Reaction score
13
They want people to port out to vivifi lite before they sell the number. $10/month also don't want to earn liao :D
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
This is unacceptable.
This telco really anyhow one. Come out so many golden number to spoil market. Now start to ban everyone from porting out.

Spoil market is those hoarders that hoard many golden numbers and try selling at carousell for profits. Most normal customers are ok not those hoarders.
 

guyz92

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
300
Don't say many many. :s13:
Maybe giga can crawl back all your golden number.

Actually hor, those 888xxx88 that are available for sign up is not the real Golden number that was identified by IMDA.

For example, 888x1688 and 888x1168, both 1168 and 1688 are considered as golden number by IMDA. While 888x1488 is available for sign up because not IMDA listed Golden number.

These real Golden Number IMDA is charging them like $50 per golden number when IMDA allocate that whole block of phone number to telco.

giga! Filtered out these real Golden number and is not available for registration.
 
Last edited:

guyz92

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
300
Yes, do it at 1st of the month 0000hrs, preferably count 10 to 15 seconds before you press the button.

Cos I encountered once that when I pressed the button at 0000 hours, the giga server time was slow and I got a 23:59 timing and a 31st of the month date.

Thanks for the guide, I manage to activate it and set the next billing date to 1 Mar 2021 0000hrs.

I waited until 12:00.30 AM then I press the Pink Activate button. The pink color button took about 15 seconds to load and the service is activated successfully.

If I want to port out the number (Golden Number), is it better to wait for like 1 to 2 billing cycle before porting it out under my name?

Will giga! Confiscate that number??
 

DynamiteZerg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
10,267
Reaction score
4,489
Porting out same name -> same name. This is mostly ok.

Porting out yourname -> another name is considered a breach of contact. You might get rejected and worst-case SUSPENSE.

SUSPEND seems more appropriate then suspense in this instance.
 
Last edited:

mubz96

Master Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
2,912
Reaction score
167
Just an update on my problem above. Was the sim card faulty. Replacement sim card sent at no cost per agent. Thanks.

So my sim card was faulty since yesterday, as in the card was not recognised by any phone, I've requested for replacement sim card yesterday, Friday's night.
Will I receive it over weekend? So far I received an auto generated acknowledgement email but no one has contacted me yet.
 

brianpham

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Anyone getting 5G on giga ? My iPhone 12 starts seeing 5G today. Did speedtest and got approximately 170Mbps download
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top