Starhub Giga

David Lai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,447
Reaction score
5,941
Hi giga users, am thinking of switching to giga from circles and singtel sim-only.
Would like to find out on the following :
- how’s the call quality? clear or breaking sound?
- network coverage, particularly in the west, as well as mrt tunnel?
- do they use volte?
- can it be used for roaming for calls at least?
 

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2000
Messages
16,883
Reaction score
90
Hi giga users, am thinking of switching to giga from circles and singtel sim-only.
Would like to find out on the following :
- how’s the call quality? clear or breaking sound?
- network coverage, particularly in the west, as well as mrt tunnel?
- do they use volte?
- can it be used for roaming for calls at least?

1. Call Quality good enough for me.
2. Giga using Starhub network so u might like to check with friend/family for coverage at west.
3. No VoLTE
4. I think they only have DATA Roaming pack. Didn't recalled they have Roaming for Voice call. (other pls correct me if i'm wrong. very long nv travel liao)
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,133
Reaction score
3,182
1. Call Quality good enough for me.
2. Giga using Starhub network so u might like to check with friend/family for coverage at west.
3. No VoLTE
4. I think they only have DATA Roaming pack. Didn't recalled they have Roaming for Voice call. (other pls correct me if i'm wrong. very long nv travel liao)
I am staying in the West. My parents are using Giga now and I am using Singtel. I would say that the signal is fine for all, but for the Singtel network, I see 1 bar at night.
 

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
19,734
Reaction score
3,346
Just received the SIM card but I don't see any "activate" inside their app?
 

coldboy

Master Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2000
Messages
4,040
Reaction score
28
Just received the SIM card but I don't see any "activate" inside their app?
Once you pop in the sim card and is connected, it is activated. The instruction is not clear. I was also hunting high and low for the activate previously.

Hope it helps.
 

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
19,734
Reaction score
3,346
Once you pop in the sim card and is connected, it is activated. The instruction is not clear. I was also hunting high and low for the activate previously.

Hope it helps.
Ok works now, took awhile for the app to refresh
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,162
Reaction score
17,432
Whoever you are, thank you for using my referral code to sign up for giga.
I earned $4 gigabucks to offset my next month bill. :o
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
Now giga number not nice Liao. No more 888X series. I am waiting for 8888 series.
 

mybigcannon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2011
Messages
16,016
Reaction score
38
Just ported over to Giga, holy smokes, the speed is horrendously slow.....
I think even my 56k internet speed from 10 years ago can load google searches faster.... Giga's speed bloody times me out...

Gonna see how it goes for the next few days, if it persists then I wouldn't hesitate to switch away...
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,162
Reaction score
17,432
Just ported over to Giga, holy smokes, the speed is horrendously slow.....
I think even my 56k internet speed from 10 years ago can load google searches faster.... Giga's speed bloody times me out...

Gonna see how it goes for the next few days, if it persists then I wouldn't hesitate to switch away...
Your location?
 

haoren

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
26,352
Reaction score
637
Just ported over to Giga, holy smokes, the speed is horrendously slow.....
I think even my 56k internet speed from 10 years ago can load google searches faster.... Giga's speed bloody times me out...

Gonna see how it goes for the next few days, if it persists then I wouldn't hesitate to switch away...
I am using it . Quite alright. No 56k speed.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top