Starhub Giga

sajokj

Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2017
Messages
328
Reaction score
15
Currently I m on $10 (6GB) plan. Can I upgrade to $18 (50GB plan), or should I need to port out?
 

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
22,630
Reaction score
19,955
garbage telco with garbage reception!

maybe i should just pay $7 more for grid with better reception
 

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2003
Messages
35,992
Reaction score
12
hi guys, thinking of porting over to giga.

anyone can point me what does it come bundled with? eg data, call mins, sms, caller id
 

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
hi guys, thinking of porting over to giga.

anyone can point me what does it come bundled with? eg data, call mins, sms, caller id
Err all on their website or when u sign up.
Detail also can be found on their fb
 

Benjamin91

Master Member
Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
4,808
Reaction score
575
I am under M1 that is going to expire on 30 Apr
Thinking of switching to Giga as they have promo now 50GB for $18 until 27 Apr

So can I sign up for Giga now?
The charges will start when I sign up or when I port over number?
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
think twice about switching to giga. I have issues activating iMessage and tried to reach out to giga. I am unable to reach them at all.


Read HWZ Forum Rules!

I was able to activate my Imessage (but that was 4 month ago).

Not sure if GIGA has start blocking international outgoing SMS. (you need international SMS to activate imessage). I know telco like Grid can't activate imessage until you buy international SMS pack add on.


You can also connect with a friendly gigaCare Agent during our operating hours Mondays – Saturdays, 9am to 6pm. Simply type in LIVE AGENT or click on the ‘Live Agent’ button located at the bottom right of your screen for assistance during operating hours. We’ll be happy to assist. Have a giga-tastic day!
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
I am under M1 that is going to expire on 30 Apr
Thinking of switching to Giga as they have promo now 50GB for $18 until 27 Apr

So can I sign up for Giga now?
The charges will start when I sign up or when I port over number?

https://www.giga.com.sg/SignUp.aspx
You can sign up here.


I remember upon sign up you pay upfront 1st month + delivery fee (if not wrong)

- Bill start the moment you installed your sim.

https://giga.com.sg/HC_FAQs_Details.aspx?QuestionId=31
 

ngyhms

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
2
I was able to activate my Imessage (but that was 4 month ago).
Not sure if GIGA has start blocking international outgoing SMS. (you need international SMS to activate imessage). I know telco like Grid can't activate imessage until you buy international SMS pack add on.
You can also connect with a friendly gigaCare Agent during our operating hours
Mondays – Saturdays, 9am to 6pm.
Simply type in LIVE AGENT or click on the ‘Live Agent’ button located at the bottom right of your screen for assistance during operating hours. We’ll be happy to assist. Have a giga-tastic day!

do you recall if they charged you for the international sms?


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
 

Synnexo

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2014
Messages
728
Reaction score
90
I am unable to activate iMessage. Any other people facing the same problem?
Just activated iMessage/FaceTime. Tested & nothing unusual. There shouldn't be any charges for activation. Can't remember read from where if Apple has routed the activation to local server instead of overseas. The last I was being charged was when I used MR plan a couple of years back.

Pretty sure Vivifi didn't charge me for that.
 

ngyhms

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
2
thanks everyone. I was able to activate my iMessage after speaking with Apple customer service. I had VPN installed and this did not allow the iMessage to be activated.

will update if I get charged for international sms next month. i activated about 10+ times. good luck to me.


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top