Starhub Giga

happiee

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
480
Reaction score
13
I m still monitoring the situation. I m using the same phone just changing sim without any changes in any setting so I m doubtful of things running in background or changes in setting unless giga did tt for me..

I just can't believe wif very limited usage, 1gb can b gone quite quickly vs my 500mb m1datasim tt I can use for very long n m1prepaid too.
 

happiee

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
480
Reaction score
13
Regarding 2, this is in their FAQ :

https://giga.com.sg/FAQs_Details.aspx?FaqCategoryName=Porting-in&FaqCategoryId=16

Will I encounter any service disruption when my number is being ported over to giga network?
The port in process is scheduled between 10pm to 2am daily except for Sundays and public holidays to minimize even the slightest service disruption that may happen.

You requested at 11pm hence it is too late for port in same night to be ready next day. Giga should have indicated clearly that request received by XXX will be completed by next day.

On the other hand, you seem to be overconfident by putting in requests so late. If it is important that something must be done by the next day, try to do it earlier.

It wasn't intentional for me to put my request at 11pm cos tts the time I can access to my new sim. By saying the port-in process takes place, I don't understand it tt we have to do it before 10pm. They have 8 full working hours to trigger my request, so why not??

Don't state you can deliver your service within next working day when you can't. That's misrep.
If timing is so critical, giga should state it clearly to avoid such unpleasant experience be it delivery or porting.

I am sharing my experience in detail so people can take note. Despite escalation, noone responded - so cheap plans means no svc n just pray everything can work well. 😂
 
Last edited:

happiee

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
480
Reaction score
13
Did you monitor when (roughly what time) your Port-in number start to work successfully on your new Giga SIM card?

Is it 14 Feb morning? Or 14 Feb night? (Since you mentioned your SH network stopped working 13 Feb around 10+pm; would like to know how long your old hp no. was made "dormant")


Also, the Giga SIM card cost $2 right?

Sorry for replying late.
I tried calling my number once I noticed the SH network is down, my giga already works. I believe there is no gap. Or if any, the caller will get a msg saying it is unavailable. Just make sure u plug in both simcards in a phone or in separate phone, u shouldn't miss the call.
Yes, $2 for delivery of sim n no referral codes available.
 

daranic

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2016
Messages
226
Reaction score
9
Giga gave free 1GB Whatsapp pack on 14/2. But noticed the 1GB has not been used even though I whatsapp a lot. Now my 5GB in the plan has depleted, yet I can’t send msg via Whatsapp with the free 1GB. Anyone has this issue? Is there any setting which I need to do?
 

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,197
Reaction score
2,203
does giga data deplete especially fast?

I received it in 24th and used it as a secondary card, mainly for network testing and light surfing, and it had already consumed 2gb.

doubt the $10 plan is enough for me.

probably switching to Singtel sim only cis plan.
 
Last edited:

Hwsemb

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2018
Messages
245
Reaction score
24
Porting request on Saturdays (10pm - 11:59pm)... anyone tried porting-in on Sat before? If any unexpected issue, no CSO available on Sundays right.

" The port in process is scheduled between 10pm to 2am daily except for Sundays and public holidays to minimize even the slightest service disruption that may happen. "
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Giga gave free 1GB Whatsapp pack on 14/2. But noticed the 1GB has not been used even though I whatsapp a lot. Now my 5GB in the plan has depleted, yet I can’t send msg via Whatsapp with the free 1GB. Anyone has this issue? Is there any setting which I need to do?

got give meh? I thot it's pay $2 for 1gb offer?
 

cheery

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
4
Porting request on Saturdays (10pm - 11:59pm)... anyone tried porting-in on Sat before? If any unexpected issue, no CSO available on Sundays right.


" The port in process is scheduled between 10pm to 2am daily except for Sundays and public holidays to minimize even the slightest service disruption that may happen. "

Ported in just last Saturday 29th Feb. 10pm SH sim card was cut off and ported over to GIGA, smoothly.
 

Hwsemb

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2018
Messages
245
Reaction score
24
Ported in just last Saturday 29th Feb. 10pm SH sim card was cut off and ported over to GIGA, smoothly.


Glad to hear the smooth port-in. Believe you requested for the Port-in on Saturday itself, during Sat morning ?
 

limkarseng

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
sim card will deliver tomorrow morning. when is the best time to activate? i afraid that my existing number not in use cos not port in yet
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,734
Reaction score
2,326
sim card will deliver tomorrow morning. when is the best time to activate? i afraid that my existing number not in use cos not port in yet
Port over will always happen around midnight regarless of activation time. You can safely activate it in the morning and use your old number throughout the day still.
 

BeefCutlet

Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
1
From testing today, In CBD area got abit of blind spots where connection becomes 4G instead of 4G+
 

limkarseng

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Port over will always happen around midnight regarless of activation time. You can safely activate it in the morning and use your old number throughout the day still.

Thank you for the info.
which mean my old number still can be use when i activate the new sim card on my current phone.
 

cheery

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
4
Glad to hear the smooth port-in. Believe you requested for the Port-in on Saturday itself, during Sat morning ?

I requested during application for their service.

So mine is direct.

During application, 2 options. New number or port in.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top