Starhub Giga

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
I am back to Giga after 7 month with Gomo..no doubt Gomo still better in reception..but they too scheming liao..auto up my plan after promo and cannot downgrade plan..boo boo...
 

Ideasmiths

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 9, 2001
Messages
22,659
Reaction score
4,907
I just switched from vivifi to giga. Pui

Ordered 2 port in, one for main number and the other for my mum.

So 2 Sim came at the same time and I don't know which is port in which number. App doesn't show, order page, email all doesn't show. Spend 2 hours trying to wake up dead giga live agent.

Asi activated both Sim to terminate vivifi lines on time else they charge me for July.....so I have to put the correct temporary SIM card in my mum iohone. She live an hour bus journey from me and will panic if her iphone suddenly no WhatsApp.....

Giga guide and FAQ might as well don't write as its unclear.

Must install Giga app on target phone or not? I activated both SIM on my iphone APP
The APN must manually key in or just plug and play?
Guide say sSIM deliver and 24 hours later will let in on next working day. Today is Friday, what is giga working days? So Sunday or Monday them port in?

All the above questions tried to raise live giga agents online to answer but they snooze.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,137
Reaction score
17,426
I just switched from vivifi to giga. Pui

Ordered 2 port in, one for main number and the other for my mum.

So 2 Sim came at the same time and I don't know which is port in which number. App doesn't show, order page, email all doesn't show. Spend 2 hours trying to wake up dead giga live agent.

Asi activated both Sim to terminate vivifi lines on time else they charge me for July.....so I have to put the correct temporary SIM card in my mum iohone. She live an hour bus journey from me and will panic if her iphone suddenly no WhatsApp.....

Giga guide and FAQ might as well don't write as its unclear.

Must install Giga app on target phone or not? I activated both SIM on my iphone APP
The APN must manually key in or just plug and play?
Guide say sSIM deliver and 24 hours later will let in on next working day. Today is Friday, what is giga working days? So Sunday or Monday them port in?

All the above questions tried to raise live giga agents online to answer but they snooze.
U shouldn't be terminating the vivifi lines on your own or the number porting will not work. What u should have done is to select number porting in giga and let them do the porting.
 

Ideasmiths

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 9, 2001
Messages
22,659
Reaction score
4,907
U shouldn't be terminating the vivifi lines on your own or the number porting will not work. What u should have done is to select number porting in giga and let them do the porting.
Thats where the Giga's guide/FAQ fails. I didn't terminate my vivifi, which need to be ported out 2nd last day of the month or they will charge me july.

Giga's FAQ says porting in will be done 24 hours AFTER receiving the SIM card, but then also says have to use GIGA app to activate the SIM card. So my question to them is do I have to activate the sim B4 they start the porting in process? Has to install the GIGA app on actualy phone and activate? etc...
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,587
Reaction score
1,689
Thats where the Giga's guide/FAQ fails. I didn't terminate my vivifi, which need to be ported out 2nd last day of the month or they will charge me july.

Giga's FAQ says porting in will be done 24 hours AFTER receiving the SIM card, but then also says have to use GIGA app to activate the SIM card. So my question to them is do I have to activate the sim B4 they start the porting in process? Has to install the GIGA app on actualy phone and activate? etc...
Which part is unclear to you ?

 

Ideasmiths

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 9, 2001
Messages
22,659
Reaction score
4,907
How do I activate my giga SIM card?
Upon receiving your giga SIM card, follow these simply steps to Activate your SIM:
1. Place your giga SIM into your device.
2. Ensure your phone is connected to WIFI.
3. Launch your giga app and click on the pink ACTIVATE button.
4. Follow the on screen instructions to set your device APN to giga.
Your giga bill cycle starts from the day you click on the ACTIVATE pink button in your giga app. Your subsequent billing date will follow the Xth day every month. Eg, if you activate your giga plan on 5 Jan 2020, your next billing date will be on 5 Feb, 5 Mar and so on. Enjoy your giga experience!

I received TWO SIM cards, and don't know which belongs to my main port in number and which is for my mum. The Guide is to activate upon receiving my giga SIM, which makes sense to me because the port over should start when I am ready (+24 hours) and NOT upon delivery of the SIM cards.

The beedio AND another guide goes the 2nd route: Receive card, auto port in 24 hours later, insert sim card, activate.... so which is which correct?

My BIGGEST headache was I have to send one of the SIM card to my mum, insert into her phone and activate there? Because my Vifi plan was the shareplus and my number is the main and my mum's the the share....so if my main number gets port over first, vivifi may route my mum's number become the main and charge again....sigh I couldn't reach any living person at Giga's 24/7 support to tell me which Sim is port in which number. It's NOT on the sign on email, delieverd package, my account page, transaction record etc...


Which part is unclear to you ?

 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,587
Reaction score
1,689
How do I activate my giga SIM card?
Upon receiving your giga SIM card, follow these simply steps to Activate your SIM:
1. Place your giga SIM into your device.
2. Ensure your phone is connected to WIFI.
3. Launch your giga app and click on the pink ACTIVATE button.
4. Follow the on screen instructions to set your device APN to giga.
Your giga bill cycle starts from the day you click on the ACTIVATE pink button in your giga app. Your subsequent billing date will follow the Xth day every month. Eg, if you activate your giga plan on 5 Jan 2020, your next billing date will be on 5 Feb, 5 Mar and so on. Enjoy your giga experience!

I received TWO SIM cards, and don't know which belongs to my main port in number and which is for my mum. The Guide is to activate upon receiving my giga SIM, which makes sense to me because the port over should start when I am ready (+24 hours) and NOT upon delivery of the SIM cards.

The beedio AND another guide goes the 2nd route: Receive card, auto port in 24 hours later, insert sim card, activate.... so which is which correct?

My BIGGEST headache was I have to send one of the SIM card to my mum, insert into her phone and activate there? Because my Vifi plan was the shareplus and my number is the main and my mum's the the share....so if my main number gets port over first, vivifi may route my mum's number become the main and charge again....sigh I couldn't reach any living person at Giga's 24/7 support to tell me which Sim is port in which number. It's NOT on the sign on email, delieverd package, my account page, transaction record etc...
If want to port in at your convenience, choose new number and don't select port in. Port in later via app.
If want to port in as soon after delivery, choose port in and key in the relevant info for Giga to process.

It was straightforward for me as I wanted to switch over asap. Waited for port in SMS and key in APN.
Many subscribers here opted for the former because they wanted to start on a certain date.
 

Ideasmiths

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 9, 2001
Messages
22,659
Reaction score
4,907
If want to port in at your convenience, choose new number and don't select port in. Port in later via app.
If want to port in as soon after delivery, choose port in and key in the relevant info for Giga to process.

It was straightforward for me as I wanted to switch over asap. Waited for port in SMS and key in APN.
Many subscribers here opted for the former because they wanted to start on a certain date.
Thats' why the confusing 'guides' at GIGApore.....al lthe other telcos that I switch before don't have this App thingie, just get the new Sim Card, wait for midnight and pop.... Even during SIM delivery, I get 2x emails, 1st is to say Sim receive, 2nd is to ask me to insert new Sim, connect wifi, use Giga App and Activate

Anyway, Friday around 12 received SIM, presseded Activate button and expect Sat/Sun or Sun/Mon will port in and told my mum accordingly. WTH, Friday 2359 received email said welcome to giga network. Checked my phone and yup, vivifi no more service....thats NOT even 24 hours as per FAQ port in guides....

Lucky I send my mum's SIM over already and activated on my iphone. Just hope the APN is plug and play as I didn't install the GIga app on her phone (don't know if it was needed and dead Giga live agent didn't bother to reply yet)
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,352
Reaction score
3,710
You are confused does not mean others are confused.

I appreciate the way giga works. Gives flexibility and let you control your billing start date ( right down to the time) and when you want to port in (by not choosing port in on activation).

You can even get the SIM card in advance before your current contract ends and activate plus port in once it ends. Charging starts on activation and not delivery.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Sounds like user issue. Why never clarify here first before u take any action?

Anyway, I got my sim card today, how long can I hold before I activate to start the port over?

If I activate now at 8pm, when will it be fully port over?
 
Last edited:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,137
Reaction score
17,426
Hi guys! I have one line where I checked the giga app, this month's data usage is totally zero, while the other line had normal usage.

Just wondering if u had the same experience too.
 

EveMuffins

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
42,983
Reaction score
4,951
Sounds like user issue. Why never clarify here first before u take any action?
Anyway, I got my sim card today, how long can I hold before I activate to start the port over?
If I activate now at 8pm, when will it be fully porter over?

wait for 1 jul 0000hrs then activate. then your billing cycle will be swee swee. :o
 

EveMuffins

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
42,983
Reaction score
4,951
Hi guys! I have one line where I checked the giga app, this month's data usage is totally zero, while the other line had normal usage.
Just wondering if u had the same experience too.

mine is normal, not showing zero. but I got one line only.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Ask you guys. Do you get the error unable to make phonecalls, the phone says no network? But you very sure you can see full bar and data is working fine. Probably I dont make phonecalls much these days, so I cant be very sure how often it hits me, but its maybe like once every 2-3 weeks. The solution I found out was to reboot phone and it works. But I am just curious is it my phone (Poco F1) or its Giga network issue...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top